Dying Light 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChinoPD, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

The main feature here is that decisions made impact the game world. I still love and have the first Dying Light installed. Graphically it looks refined. The same with the gameplay, ie. movement and AI hit reactions. Although I’m only basing this on the demo, so we’ll have to wait and see. It looks like they added more to the parkour experience, like the demonstrated slowing down sliding through a canvas, linked movements, and ropes. I’m sure there are more as they can only show so much. No preorders as usual, I just hope they do well here as they did with the first instalment.

2. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

hell yeah, looks awesome! I like how it looks like Dying Light and agree it looks more refined. I wonder what the minimium requirements are for decent framerate for 1440p, I think the parcour and slow-mo's will be better at a higher framerate. I was only playing at 60fps previously.

Might be more of a focus on night time gameplay for zombies too. Im not sure how much more night time gameplay I have in me hahah...

Cant wait!

3. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I’d say night time world will depend with your decisions. I imagine, for example if you work with authorities and they mentioned streets are “safer” that means safer at night, and when they showed the opposite scenario which attracted bad crowd, I’d imagine there’d be less Z control in the area, meaning more Zs roaming around.

They did pretty well with performance on the first one I would think/hope that with newer engines (this one reminds me of the new Metro Exodus) and improved hardware over time optimisations should be similar to the first, if not, improved.

4. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

sounds like they fucked a great game. this sounds like it is going to be a flowchart game. any way you play, you will miss out on dozens of plots/stories. to experience all possible paths, you would have to replay the entire game dozens of times. nobody is going to do that and it sounds absolutely idiotic. i'll just watch all the paths via youtube plays and just won't buy the game. a game about zombies that shows not a single one. this is another ruined game by some moronic game developer who dreams of being a movie producer. this is like those -cinema- movies we were going to have where the audience was going to press buttons to decide which way the story went.

and just the fact that there are several factions also populating the world simply means you will have less space for zombies. this ain't dying light 1 but newer, this is puke from a wannabe producer.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. congoh

congoh Member

You make it sound like it's a computerised version of choose your own adventure books (which most rpg games are in a way).

I don't see a problem with it.
    It does add replay value to a non-multiplayer game and as long as consequences are real (and not just cosmetic that all lead to same/similar conclusion) you'll have some fun time.

6. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I thought you were trolling but I'm pretty sure you are serious.

You have two choices

1. None of your decisions matter, its all for show, which is the common lazy decision which people hate

2. The decisions matter, which means there are going to be multiple plots/paths.

Sounds like you should play call of duty or if you want the illusion of choices, play the telltale games.

You are the reason why we have so many terrible games. Please leave PC gaming as soon as possible.

7. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

you bet your balls i am. see what happened here? you are so cucked, you hesitated to want to accept that other people have differing opinions. i don't adore games like the masses after a cryptic pre-launch "get them hard" video reveal. i hate what i saw and will make it clear.

i don't freaking want that. when i play a sp game i want to do everything. by pathing you miss out on content. and replying with "replay it", is idiotic. if this game is around 50 hours on average i don't want to waste 35 hours per retry, just to see some different outcomes. if it's gonna be like say the arcade sega outrun game, that would mean replaying it dozens of times to see all possible paths. who the fuck wants to reply the same game several times, especially when each replay would for about 75% of the time be identical. those parts would be hella boring and after the first 2-3 most would not bother. yet that means they leave unseen/locked content behind, and only because the shitbag dev wants to be a sexual abuser hollywood producer.

no brainwashed moron. i want, like 90% of DL players, just a new DL. better graphics, new setting, maybe some new perks/weapons/zombies. not to reinvent the wheel. that's the problem here. when asshole devs only on their second go at the franchise try to reinvent the entire game. almost always they ruin it.

ohhhhhh. if only you knew. tl;dr i have more pc games than you will ever have, have been pc gaming longer than you've been alive (probably) and.. and.. i'm better at pc gaming anything than you could ever be or are.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  8. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

Fair comments, I always play my games twice through though. I didn't mind paying dishonored 2 through with both characters and only hooked up about 60hrs, and I play slow. I do hope it's not a cinema masterpiece because that would be very boring. If it is I guess I'll have to play the first one again!
    I also don't believe they will intentionally hide content in the story for you to tease out; people are too dumb for that. You will get 90% of the story when you play I recon. These Devs have been pretty good over the past few years so my fingers are crossed still.

9. Sankari

Sankari Member

Looks gorgeous, and shows that player decisions have a tangible impact on game evolution.

Deeb0 and ChinoPD like this.
  10. Sinisstar

Sinisstar Member

I can't wait for this, the first game was a gem.

11. power

power Member

I absolutely loved the first game and this one is looking great.

12. Sankari

Sankari Member

The first one was amazing, best zombie game I've ever played.

DangerMaus and ChinoPD like this.
  13. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The game almost looks too good, hopefully we don't have an E3 downgrade like other companies like to do.

ChinoPD likes this.
  14. Sankari

Sankari Member

Well, it's no Star Citizen.

which means it'll be released on time, complete and fully working, to critical acclaim and commercial success.

:lol:

DangerMaus likes this.
  15. v81

v81 Member

<sarcasm>
    Go easy!
    Star Citizen is a commercial success.
    It just fails the 'released on time, complete and fully working, to critical acclaim' test.
    </sarcasm>

I did enjoy the first Dying Light, i'll get around to this one at some point.

Sankari likes this.
  16. power

power Member

I think they'll be fine personally.

ChinoPD and Sankari like this.
  17. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

I'm currently replaying #1 in preparation!

Wonder when release is? I can't handle the 'this year' timeframe.

*Haven't watched the videos yet

18. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Release date is this year, but no official dates have yet been announced I believe.

The first one ran really well but had a very slight input lag in my experience, probably due to the game engine in use I reckon because it ran pretty well.

19. BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

get ready for exclusive 1 year epic store release. (n steam/gog until ....) (yeah, got inside information from a polish techland shareholder. revealed in polish newsletter dictated by law to shareholders, so no b/s in it.)

enjoy epic gaming ladies!!! and yes, it will be graphics crippled so asswipes with potatos won't cry too much. and this time no "ini" fixes. #fucktechland

20. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

hahahahahahahahahaha..... we have an ETA. SPRING 2020!! What even is that, April?

The video gives some extra hints of the main character and some other details, its only 90 seconds though.

Also has a steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/534380/Dying_Light_2/ this has a couple of extra screenshots of various things.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019