EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Rod M

Rod M Member

looks like we have a new modern BF shooter in the pipeline,

It has been nearly 8 years since BF4? (and I still play it every now and then)

Edit: 20/12/20
    looks like many of the rumours are heading for it to be a 128player game

11/06/21 have edited title to new name,

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    dalek likes this.
  2. lxboston

lxboston Member

Nice. If the combine the strengths of BF1 (maps) and the gunplay from BF5, should be a winner.

Rod M likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Rod M

Rod M Member

and:

• Maps from BF2 and BF3,
    • Gun configs from BF4

breno, hoonda75 and mAJORD like this.
  4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I think I've given up expecting good maps from the Battlefield series, its been going downhill for a while.

If I was to take a guess at a typical thing EA will do with Battlefield 6.

Take something everyone liked about BF1942/2/3/4 and then implement it into Battlefield 6 while continuing to take Battlefield further from what made Battlefield great.

I think right now I'd rather Battlefield 2 or 2142 remastered (with the obvious quality of life changes it needed)

Sumo likes this.
  5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Sweet, modern next gen 256 player matches be epic.

Firestorm had potential, I rkn they will do a free to play BR as well after success of Apex and of course warzone. Modern setting BR with destruction. Yummy!

Also good it's on steam too.

6. spookware

spookware Member

gave up on EA a long time ago. As a hardcore BF2 player and have played every game since I can honestly say this without any problem:

Fuck them.

[​IMG]

Sumo, Geno, Tinian and 1 other person like this.
  7. asho444

asho444 Member

Come on ea! Make battlefield great again!
    I just hope the make the squads 6 people again. So sick of tiny squads. Also really upset they haven't done another 2142 after soooo many Easter eggs in bf4.

bart5986, breno and walker_2003 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Rod M

Rod M Member

yea 6 person Squads would be awesome,

9. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

Sounds interesting but I'd rather a new Bad Company game.

Is BF5 even still populated?

Kommandant33 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Rod M

Rod M Member

yea I played last night and friday night, about 12 populated servers, probably 6 were conpletely full with waiting list.

11. power

power Member

I'm probably in a minority here but I wish BF was less "realism" and more arcade fun again, they should spin off another series just for that more arcadey fun feel that 1942 and those games had.

coolroy, mAJORD and asho444 like this.
  12. asho444

asho444 Member

I agree! The so called battlefield moments were way more fun in 2.
    Also piss off with the cut seen knifing. Just give me some good ankle slicing kills and ill be a happy lad!

I have said it before and I'm not sure if I can articulate it, everything feels bigger in the frostbite series. In 2/2142 I feel the scale was bigger because the people were smaller if that makes sense.
    Hmmm comparing it to cod it always seemed cod 4 had larger targets as such to 2

Perko and Spyder6052 like this.
  13. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

epic knife fight battles back then. Just want BF2 POE with current graphics quality

mAJORD likes this.
  14. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

BF2 is still the high water mark IMO. I don't want a Remake, but I'll always hold hope one of these releases will be a true successor. BF3 was just not , and everything after has been an evolution of it, and sometimes in the wrong direction (i'm definatly looking at you BF5.. for shame) BC2 is an exception as it was it's own game I guess. Rush in BC2 is a great thing. But I think everyon'es waiting for it's own sucessor (me included)

Back to classic BF though, and As above, Bring back the Fun, bring back the freedom, and pseudo sandbox nature of BF2 Please. Also nothing has come close to BF2 Map design either. Nearly every Large map they've made since has just turned into a big random bore fest. The only exceptions are a couple of BF4 maps.. Doesn't have to be that way. Just put some thought into them!

Planes, Heli's, Commanders, Big squads, campers, all were problematic in BF2, and some of the successors.. Don't remove them , don't just dumb them down, don't make them spawn in only Bullshit. put some proper thought (again) into fixing them

Jack frags made some good solid comments in his farewelling BFV Vid , hopefully given the significance of his channel, hopefully more than one person in DICE is listening.

Rod M likes this.
  15. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I have a feeling they're pulling out all the stops on this new one. Stopping development on Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 to turn developers onto BF6, makes me confident it's going to be something special. Now with the PS5 and XSX, we are going to be in for one wild ride. Can't wait. Needs to be a Modern Shooter, with epic scale battles (at least 100+), updated Frostbite engine and free to play BR (as walker_2003 suggested).

Rod M, lxboston and walker_2003 like this.
  16. lxboston

lxboston Member

Yeah they could learn a thing from Hell Let Loose of the large map play and perhaps more focus on squad based comms in multiplayer. Bf5 is fun, but it’s just an infantry sweat fest online now for only infantry, and everyone is just out for their own K/D. It may be challenging dev wise with bigger maps and destructible buildings etc but we will see. If they can get the team cooperation of helicopters back eg like BF2, BF5 style gunplay, better comms and pinging systems to work with tanks and planes to call in strikes to take out enemy tanks etc.

17. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

its just gonna be a copy paste with a few little updates, just like every other BF release after BF3.

18. havabeer

havabeer Member

Give me back a proper campaign as well. Stupid war stories crap.

Larger player counts would be nice as well.

19. OP
    OP
    Rod M

Rod M Member

with potentially bigger scale maps and 128 player count means more Vram and System Ram? (CPU requirement?)

I am currently running a Ryzen 3600, 16gb Ram and a 980ti and that gives me a decent playable 80-90fps in BF5 and BF2 at 1440p

GPU upgrade was on the cards for a while now (once stock is available) but I am thinking:
    • the new 3070 with only 8gb Vram may not now be a good upgrade option for 1440p?
    • will 32gb ram be required?
    • is 6 cores enough or will this game be optimized for 8 cores for the consoles?

20. asho444

asho444 Member

Dice generally have good core scaling so more cores is better but I would think the 3600 would be enough. I also think 8gb is enough for 1440p

Rod M likes this.