1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Knew it..

FB_IMG_1631741955713.jpg

lxboston, rthy and Trizae like this.
  2. Trizae

Trizae Member

Had suspected this one going to be delayed this year they’ve shown nothing of it trust your gut! Keen for the open beta

3. power

power Member

huh?

4. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Better to have a delay than have them release an unfinished game.

lxboston, Trizae, t8y and 2 others like this.
  5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yup it needs it. I know visual polish isn't everything but unfinished BFV had stunning visuals at launch.

6. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Historically they always release an unfinished game, and patch it into a decent experience over the next six months, but sure, I'm ok with it being less unfinished at release.

hoonda75 and Statitica like this.
  7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Have they?

I've always found it to be relatively problem free, I seem to remember a lot of the issues with Battlefield 3 early on were just unimportant amusing things, nothing that negatively effects your game.

Battlefield 2 on the other hand...

8. trevor68

trevor68 Member

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It's been down hill post battlefield 4 really in terms of unfinished games.

10. Trizae

Trizae Member

They've shown nothing since the reveal which is actual recent gameplay that isn't capped at 30fps and isn't a puff piece highlight reel with hero camera angles,

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    bart5986 likes this.
  11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Executives weren't going to let the holiday period pass without the game. It probably needs a far longer delay but gotta get that cash (look at 2077, it delayed until Dec 10 but arguably needed another 2 years). We'll see how badly this launches, hoping for the 128 player hyper & Portal to carry the game through that typical EA/Dice buggy post-launch period.

If I hadn't had a stack of steam gift cards I'd got as a present (I only ended up paying $6 for it) I'd avoid buying this for a while. I remember I didn't get BF4 for a very long time.

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

who am I kidding like always ill be part of the problem and buy both this and vanguard 1 or 2 days before release due to FOMO.

But for me.. ive blown $100 in 20 mins on the pokies, its money much better spent even if they only give me few hrs of fun.

13. Statitica

Statitica Member

Except this is DICE/EA, so you get both...

Honestly not feeling the hype for this release - all the ingame footage I've seen look indistinguishable from COD Warzone.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Think you been watching wrong videos :lol:

Although graphics haven't been anything special it's alot diff to failzone

15. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Yeah, BF looks way better, even BF-V looked way better than COD:MW. I think Vanguard looks barely on par with BF-V from the few gameplay snippets I've seen. The leaked footage i saw a while back (posted here maybe?) looked pretty much like BF4 gameplay in a BF-V engine, which is exciting given the huge number of hours my friends and I sunk into BF4.

Happy enough for a delay, as long as it's not a cyberpunk situation i'm ready to roll with early stage bugs, being a software developer myself i appreciate the massive complexity of these modern AAA titles. Although the producers need to put in more full time testers of the games....wonder if they have any jobs going at the moment :lol:

16. Statitica

Statitica Member

I'm not talking about graphics...

* Endless sliding
    * Audible hit indicators
    * Fast twitch style play
    * Mid-combat weapon mods
    * Vehicles appear weakened
    * "Takedowns"

rthy likes this.
  17. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

Why do people compare the BF and COD? they are very different beasts. Apart from being mil-twitch-shooters, they take different approaches to how there worlds are presented to screen.

18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

They're the only major 'realistic' franchises left. Plus it's a rivalry that's been going on for near 20 years.

19. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Yeah they aren't the same of course, i was more just referring to the "look indistinguishable from COD Warzone" and thought it was about graphics.

Gameplay wise, yeah, they're similar but they're both AAA war games, not like one is going to be wildly different to the other is it? 2042 still looks to be typical battlefield with big maps, vehicles, and squad play being important. Aside from Warzone, not sure COD does that as successfully? The bit of MW i've played that is that style of game wasn't as good.

Anyway, trying to be positive about it. Won't be perfect, but games this big rarely are these days, but i'm sure i'll still put most of my limited gaming time into it :lol:

20. t8y

t8y Member

refunded my steam pre-order. too pricey...
    may pick this up through somewhere local like JB cheaper. post launch....

i want this game to be good but i just don't trust EA/DICE lol

edit: may give an ea play subscription a go if/when they add this game, probably cheapest entry ticket + my kids like the sims etc...