EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. t8y

t8y Member

refunded my steam pre-order. too pricey...
    may pick this up through somewhere local like JB cheaper. post launch....

i want this game to be good but i just don't trust EA/DICE lol

edit: may give an ea play subscription a go if/when they add this game, probably cheapest entry ticket + my kids like the sims etc...

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah your right there.. all we needed really was BF3 with a visual bump and couple new features.

rthy, whatdoesthisdo and breno like this.
  3. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Still looking forward to this, i think it will be good.

4. asho444

asho444 Member

Nah bad company 2 with prone and graphics bump

damo13579 and 151528 like this.
  5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Helicopters were also to OP due to the magic dorito's and spamming Q. As long as there wasn't a pro on the opposite team my mate and I could rack up the kills eazy peazy. Apart from that BF3 was awesome. But there was a small group of vocal people saying it's shit and not as good as BC2... then we got the monstrosity that is the rest of the BF series since then.

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Only just got around to checking out the gameplay footage. Spot on those who're saying WZ mechanics/movement in BF world. Not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing; time will tell.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I did love some things about bc2 over bf3..maps for starters.

I'm glad 2042 is bringing the flare dart thingy (even if just to that new sandbox mode)

8. rthy

rthy Member

EA wanting to steal COD sales

I actually likes the BF3 Takedowns... but the BF4 animations seems too over the top... don't get me started with the COD "execution" animations

9. jpw007

jpw007 Member

You don't enjoy spending 10 minutes watching a takedown animation only to end up getting shot and killed because it takes so bloody long? :lol:

I can't say i played much BF4. Never seemed to get into it tbh...last one i played properly was BF3. Played the open beta heaps, absolutely loved it, then got the game and never really played it again :lol:

BFV i played for the first time the other day and it actually seemed pretty OK tbh, so it makes me have hope for 2042.

t8y likes this.
  10. rthy

rthy Member

pretty much haha

11. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

You can pay real money to Activision to get new ones, how could EA NOT add that in?

12. Cap One

Cap One Member

Hopefully the tracer dart is helpful for taking out airtards. I fired up BF4 yesterday and a good pilot is very difficult to bring down....yeah I know git gud.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  13. 151528

151528 Member

A good pilot is practically impossible to bring down, the only way you can do it is to have absolutely perfect precision with an rpg, and even then, if they're a very good pilot, they'll never be still enough or predictable enough to get them

It actually shits me to tears that there's not a better way to bring them down, any other vehicle/class has more flaws and potential opportunities to attack, but a good pilot... gg, just leave the server or stay until everyone else does... honestly kills the game

Dr Evil and Cap One like this.
  14. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

They had that in Bad Company 2. It was damn near useless and the only air that game had were helicopters.

The problem is that air vehicles should exchange their speed & ability to choose where to attack and quickness to withdraw from danger, for vulnerability and being easy to kill (in comparison to tanks and APCS).

Instead we've had stingers that go 150 meters vs jets with magic ECM/Flare buttons that mean you can never lock on and hit one, and they can crash into a building, the ground, under the water or a tree and just fly away unharmed. And if Dice buff AA, the heli pilots who want to fly onto the middle of cap zones or do stunts into buildings whine that they get smashed up by RPGs or can't get away from stingers quickly enough and go down. And of course the Jet mafia of people who should be playing flight sims, all wanting to go 100-0 and if ANYTHING that isn't another jet shoots them done it's "cheap" and has to be nerfed.

And the only other AA you get is the mobile AA, which is nerfed into the ground against infantry for balance reasons, and requires you to try hard all game to do a half decent job of protecting the team because you get spammed with aerial rockets from beyond your effective range, they come in with both jets and an attack helo and a transport helo with a lock on missile and then you've got to deal with infantry in jeeps trying to C4 you and it's like you're fighting 6 on 1 in the weakest non-transport vehicle in the game. And you only ever get one of them.

I miss the old days of Desert Combat where you had the Patriot & SA3 SAMs. Pilots actually had to respect them.

15. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

The lack of communication from DICE is worrying. Same thing happened with Battlefield V…
    Sledgehammer, 343 Industries - all have games coming soon and are communicating actively with their communities about issues, delays, gameplay snippets etc. DICE are silent. Weird.

Latest leaks suggest beta is pushed until early October. Early access the 6th, Full access on the 8th.

16. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I bet the BFV marketing debacle spooked the EA executives.

17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Yeah, all the the whinging gamers is enough to put anyone off.

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Various leaks from EA are pretty much confirming the beta will be starting Wed 6th at 6pm Sydney time (for people with a pre-order) and go 4 days. No pre-order it's 2 days. Apparently it'll be made official in the next day or so.

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Confirmed. 6th at 5pm Sydney time. (I believe that's because of daylight savings starting on October the 3rd for why it's 5pm not 6pm). Finishes on the 10th.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...attlefield-briefing-progression-and-cosmetics

20. Sphinx

Sphinx Member