1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Stop focussing on FPS and using overlays on a Beta, which likely only service to introduce issues.

It is not that uncommon for overlays to cause issues in games.

2. pittster

pittster Member

Have played on my main rig and Laptop as per signature.

Main PC getting 70-100fps varies game to game and based on how many bots vs players.

Laptop surprisingly sits around 50-60 which i didn't expect.

going to Ultra did seem to clean the image up a bit with little fps change.

Game is OK kinda feels like Crysis 3 and BFV had a baby.

Has all the typical BETA bugs.

I think it will be epic with full squad of mates and comms

terroristone likes this.
  3. pittster

pittster Member

4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

3080 averaging 58fps at 4k ultra is promising enough, with dlss support in the full release and some settings tuning it should be possible to hold 70-80+. Keen to jump into the beta when it opens up for everyone.

5. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Trying to launch game and its stating the online services are unavailable.
    Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: Had to restart machine, working again now

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  6. Intensity

Intensity Member

Bought the game for ps5, not in a situation where i want to spend a fortune on a decent pc rig, got it all installed and you cant use mouse and keyboard through console which is a bummer, not sure how much ill play it until/if this becomes a feature after launch, looks bloody awesome though!

Apparently the beta is 2 months old according to some of the streamers i watch. so its not in its current state

7. jpw007

jpw007 Member

There's some device that allows you to use kb/mouse on consolse...X something i think? It might be helpful for you since there's no guarantee they'll ever add support to consoles

8. asho444

asho444 Member

XIM4 but unsure of PS5 compatability and is not asgood as native input

9. Intensity

Intensity Member

ill try have a look, doesnt matter how much i try to use controller for FPS game it just doesnt work for me, cheers

10. rthy

rthy Member

Cod has native console k+m support (same as aim assist with controller on pc), would assume bf6 would be the same?

11. PadKor

PadKor Member

Had the same. Seems to be a Steam/Origin conflict. First night started game in Origin fine. Next day had same message as you, reboot didn't help. Tried starting from Steam instead and that worked. Go figure.

12. PadKor

PadKor Member

My Orbweaver made gun just fire continually. You have to clear out key bindings for fire button so just mouse is configured for on foot and vehicles.
    Also need to clear controller bindings for vehicle movement so just have keyboard ASWD bound.

13. dead_man

dead_man Member

ok worked out the keybinding issue

gotta say the performance issues for this beta are very widespread

even on low settings it runs like crap
    mate's 3090 stuttering bad as well

why do they insist on release early build beta's and telling us it has been fixed

why not release the fixed one

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Things I don't like atm

Bullet drop is too high for sniper, dmr has less.. Makes no sense.

Some guns have insane recoil, some next to none.. Seems unbalanced. Vector is way OTT

Hard to tell enemy from team mate

No map button?

UI sux.. Scoreboard sux, everything so big.

Dust from bullet impact doesn't scale down, from like 500m away if creates like a 5m radius dust impact.

Scopes are bit clunky.

All stuff that could be fixed.. It to me even with the more apex like movement feels pretty clunky.. I think the whole work from home thing has caused some issues here.

I know its a beta but I am comparing even to BFV which was much slicker, and its UI which wasnt amazing poops on this.

I know some people are saying the visuals are amazing, it does look good in parts but others seem forgotten, very hit and miss. I still feel like BFV beta looked better and that might not be at the technical level but is at the artwork level.

Think this guy is pretty on point, so much dislikes haha

Reddit is mostly people saying how shit it is and that it needs delays.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...lays/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    whatdoesthisdo and Dr Evil like this.
  15. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Hmmm I also had thought I was the only one. I like Battlefield, quite alot, I still play Battlefield V daily. Although BF2042 is in Beta the performance is horrendous. I still keep getting massive stuttering after every 5 seconds, and when there is action its unplayable. But if I look past the Beta phase of performance then the rest of it.. is pretty much hated.

The Good
    The sounds do give it a dramatic effect. Almost feels like I'm inside a Die Hard movie
    The visual effects have improved in some aspects, like bullets flying off metal / railing

The bad
    No server browser? *Let's just hope this is resolved in the final release
    Constantly having to change the configuration of your weapon with each spawn *Let's just hope this is resolved in the final release
    As I said, performance.. shocking.. wether its on Medium to Ultra. FPS isn't the issue, is the smoothness
    Scoreboard has been condensed but at the same time expanded. It's telling me the information I don't really need to know and missing information that I want to know.
    The HUD is gigantic. This includes the map, your squad information, the letters for each section, etc. I know this will be adjustable in the final release but.. why can't we do it now?
    I do get connection issue when starting up the game from time to time, a simple exit to starting it back up can resolve it
    The graphics looked pretty decent in the trailer. But with everything on Ultra / Max.. It almost looks like Battlefield 4 with some new textures & some ReShade effect
    Before today I kept getting into servers with 200ms latency. Today has improved but.. why wait till a few days of the beta to release more local servers? If we rely on an automatic server designation then it seems like a total afterthought.

whatdoesthisdo and walker_2003 like this.
  16. dead_man

dead_man Member

ok just spent an hour playing with a mate

vehicles repair themselves
    you heal by staying out of combat
    vehicle mechanics are horrible

we are probably going to go for a refund on this
    it just feels like they are trying to be COD

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Just had my first go for a few hours tonight. Performance overall was fine (5600x / 6800xt @ 1440p ultra - Raedon Software tells me 106.6 fps average but 19ms 95th percentile) and most of the time quite smooth, maybe the occasional drop but i wouldn't say shocking by any means, some unlucky people around by the sounds!

In terms of gameplay it was good fun, i felt a good mixture of BF1942/BF2/BF4 gameplay with really nice graphics. I could see the vehicles being a bit frustrating but it didn't seem any worse than similar games like BF3/BF4. Gunfights were good, again kinda felt very BF3/BF4. Had a few annoying bugs like not being able to shoot, or the HUD getting stuck with parts on/off, but whatever that happens even in mature games sometimes. Mechanics overall felt good, and the grappling hook is a cool addition, you ain't so safe on a roof top now!

I really like the multi point sectors to capture, i get the sense if they design maps around that then there'll be none of the bottlenecks that happen in other games (looking at you BF4 operation locker). Also i felt like there was a lot less running between points to just die when you're 90% of the way there, you'd at least get a chance to get to one of the points and have a go at capturing it. I presume that's down to more local firefights at sectors rather than between them like in other games.

Overall looking forward to it, still a bunch of bugs to iron out and a bit of polish to be put it, but hey it is a beta, you'd have to be pretty stupid to expect perfection :lol:

18. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I watch a lot of tarkov on twitch and last night all my favourite streams were playing BF. Tonight no one is. Yeah yeah, it's a beta but it's not like they haven't made a bloody fps before. It's just so disappointing. I really want to an awesome BF game but it's like every iteration they get further and further away from what it great.

Wozzernux likes this.
  19. scips

scips Member

Its fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Mouse models look like something from a 2001 RPG

walker_2003 likes this.
  20. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Now that I've played it enough the game actually has such a long list of problems that I'm unsure if they will fix anytime soon.

• So many clientside physics that don't do anything and just vanish into thin air, I think this is a first for a battlefield game and its terrible
    • The server tickrate feels like 5hz.
    • There appears to be some kind of bubble netcode going on, probably to make 128 players possible, this makes long range shooting etc terrible and just breaks immersion if you look far away, everything is jerky and floating around
    • The anti air gun you can pick seems to be half broken, half my shots don't actually seem to shoot anything.
    • The sentry, robot dog etc should not be in the game in this form, they are unreliable and create situations that are either too easy or too hard, as they don't perform reliably.
    • Vehicle HUD's have a terrible filter on them and it looks terrible.
    • Winning and doing well does not feel good, I had 4x the kills in my squad but had no way to know if this meant I actually contributed anything to the game

To me it doesn't feel like they overhauled the game to make 128 players possible, they simply made compromises until 128 players sort of worked.

Its still a fun game but I can imagine it will get annoying quickly if they don't improve things.

walker_2003 likes this.