1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. omen_child

omen_child Member

Forgot about this, got my pre-order in, looking forward to the weekend. :leet:

2. rthy

rthy Member

ugh, looks like the early access is not available for gamepass

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Meh, it's not even available for pre-order standard only pre-order deluxe, they can pay to beta test for us..

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Hope this is the case. Badly.. The beta sucked and had me worried. The previous BFs have always been very similar to the beta's so hopefully this is different due to covid or whatever else.

5. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Do we know what time game is available tomorrow?

6. t8y

t8y Member

main reason i signed up to xbgp again, and its not even in it.
    gah. plenty of other games and at least the xbox app is working on my pc this time (so far)

not buying (did preorder but cancelled it ages ago). will wait for it to make its way onto ea play or miss it. don't care if i do tbh, theres enough "battlefield done right" games i own that i'm already not playing enough of

7. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

7pm for eastern states on PC, heard the conslows might get it tonight but not confirmed.

OhFoRkMe likes this.
  8. rthy

rthy Member

seems to be the same time as everyone else

9. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It needs EA Play Pro which gamepass doesn't give you.

10. lxboston

lxboston Member

Gameplay looks a lot better on Jackfrags review gameplay, seemed they listened from what I can tell in terms of a lot improvements, or they had already fixed it. Sound seems good too.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    the_antipop likes this.
  11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I'm not sure the gigantic size of these new maps is going to work out. I saw a stream of the Antarctica map and it looks way too big even for 128 players.

12. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

13. OJR

OJR Member

Wow! He's used the name of our lord "Bad Company 2".

ShillUp begs to differ:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  14. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Interesting. Good that he raves about Portal - I feel that is the major game mode. Interesting about his performance issues - JackFrags had pretty steady framerate - was getting over 90fps @ 1440p on ultra with a 3080... So that's odd. Gave it a whirl on my PS5 this morning, that was solid as a rock and looked great. No performance issues there.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Pretty sure JackFrags has a 3090 and for how the game looks 90fps is pretty meh even for a 3080.

General consensus seems to be that portal is the saviour, but I can see it now.. 500,000 portal servers being spun up and melting even rapid-elasticity servers.

As much as I like JackFrags he doesn't bite the hand that feeds him all too much.. He nibbles..

Its hard to trust partners now, so even if he thinks it's meh he will focus more on positives.

From portal stuff I've seen it shows promise but it's the little things that make it look very alpha build still.. Throwing c4 looks glitchy/laggy as hell.

This game will be good but it will take alot of patches.

terroristone likes this.
  16. OJR

OJR Member

Yeah Jack is very neutral, he's exactly the same way in his Warzone videos. He does do the occasional rant video, but you're absolutely right, he never bites the hand that feeds him.

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Trying to figure out when the day 1 patch is coming. The game is live on consoles - and there was no patch, just downloaded the game and away I went. Some rumours of PC patch releasing tonight when PC version goes live - but my thinking is there will be a big patch come next week when the game "officially" releases. This early access shit does my head in.

18. lxboston

lxboston Member

For me as long as the core experiences are fixed vs the Beta which at first glance they could be, it could be a lot of fun. Be interesting to see how it goes on the 3090 but maybe its CPU heavy game for 128 player maps? Have some mild concerns about Conquest and team roles but will see how it plays out. Other things like OP weapons or features etc can be fixed later and are always patched out later anyway. Will give it a watch on some key streamers tonight.

19. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I was sitting at 110fps @1440p in beta on Ultra with film effects off and couple of settings like undergrowth lowered. So let’s hope there Hasn’t been a performance regression.

I will be considering switching DLSS on and further tweaking settings so my fps will be closer to 200 which BFV hits easily without DLSS.

20. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Unlocking now for early access.