1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Getting this issue with reaching an XP cap after a round.

2. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Been having a much better experience with Breakthrough, enjoying it much more than Conquest.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Played some portal. Feels like it has huge input lag always, very clunky overall but was kind of fun. Performance still rubbish. I got stuck in a permanent revive glitch. Sound is so bad. People sound really close when they are like 50m away.

Getting some errors that can be fixed with turning off crossplay.

Had to cap to 60fps for the 128 modes 40fps to 80fps usually. Nasty.

I'll be back in a few months when it's closer to 1.0

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  5. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

I noticed spotting works in BF3 portal mode.

6. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

The game needs some serious balancing. Apart from the small bugs I've come across (not being able to spawn after being killed, joining a game in a party throws up error messages when connecting to a game etc) the weapon balancing is WAY off.

After using both the assault rifles and smg's it's like they have mixed up the damage profiles or numbers and they need to be swapped arround. Assault riffles feel like you're using an SMG and the SMG's feel like an assault rifle. Something is seriously wrong with the assault riffles and they need some major love and buffing.

Also the hovercraft is rediculously over powered and needs a nerf. Rolling around in that thing is fun but it's insanely difficult and tanky to take down. I'd much prefer it than using a tank to be honest.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ended up playing a bit more as pubg was dead. Performance aside had a little fun on some maps on all our war. Lots of people being stuck in the respawn glitch and have to restart game. And quite often team mates didn't have blue marker so was confusing, especially as no factions as such..

There is potential under an early access release.

8. rthy

rthy Member

codmw19 and codblops feels more dead than normal.
    I'd assume mass upgrade for bf2042 or vanguard

9. havabeer

havabeer Member

I think its funny how much people are singing the praise of being able to play BC2 mode (i've never played bad company one or 2) via portal. Even people talking about wanting to just make BF3 maps etc.

how much more spoon feeding did EA need to know that people just wanted the older games... but slightly modernised.

rthy, Spyder6052 and jjjc_93 like this.
  10. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

It's not even that people want the older games - rather proper evolutions of them, but I think everyone gave up some time ago ever hoping for this, so Portal is the next best thing I guess.

11. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

I personally prefer if each battlefield had progressed into new weaponary & maps. For most its the nostalgia thing, where they feel EA/Dice had gotten it right. Sadly 2042 currently on its own is quite flawed.. but im sure we've said that for every other Battlefield game they've released.. it just takes too long to fix for most to come back.

12. rthy

rthy Member

I don't think its the game it self, but more the modern "era"... which is what, 2000-now?
    codmw(4)-2/3, bf2, bc2, bf3 and bf4. and any other game (arma, csgo, r6siege, pubg, etc..)

fk id be happy if they left codmw19 as is with battlepass... but ea want the cash

13. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Adjusting a few settings got me a decent 100 fps. DLSS can get that up to 120, will muck about with it more. Hopefully they can optimise things more. It seems to be heavily CPU bound. I like it more than BFV that's for sure.

Once/If they sort out Portal so it's actually usable that should be a lot of fun also.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Alot of it is nostalgia. It still feels clunky as and not as good as originals.

15. omen_child

omen_child Member

It feels like a bit of a hot mess at the moment. Finding it hard to have consistently good rounds.

Feels like there's a lot of lag for me. Lack of a server browser makes it hard to determine and avoid.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  16. OJR

OJR Member

People just didn't want that WW2 styled Vanguard yet they shoved it down our throats. So much so that we're willing to play a buggy mess that is 2042 instead.

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

BC2 mode is a lot of fun in 2042, this is because EA have basically destroyed proper conquest mode as that requires gameplay similar to battlefield 2.

Conquest was ruined in Bad Company 2 but rush was a lot of fun and they never figured out how to bring back real conquest mode.

18. dead_man

dead_man Member

between BC2 or 1942 thats where im happy.

have had some odd errors randomly but to be expected as EA...

though last night I had a party put together

was getting lag as it figured it would shove us on a server in the US somewhere with people from europe on it as well....
    all 3 of the squad live in melbourne lol

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

TLDR just roll back drivers for a good boost in 2042 for team green

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  20. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Wow, This an entire Youtube video that could literally be summarised as, some Nvidia users might get better performance on "496.13"

Anything for some youtube monies I guess.

walker_2003 likes this.