1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. dead_man

dead_man Member

hovercraft is so gonna get nerfed

driving up the sides of walls is a joke lol.

how did that get found in testing i have no idea

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

We are the testers, we found it. :lol:

Drizz06, OJR, jjjc_93 and 1 other person like this.
  3. OJR

OJR Member

Looks like I'll be playing Warzone for a while longer.

4. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Yeah even without the wall climb mode the hovercraft seems to be faster than a jeep, takes two tank shells to destroy, and has enough mass to run through buildings. It's a bit squirrely to drive and the minigun is very short range but it's great for doing fast passes through infantry.

5. Skexis

Skexis Member

So Origin have the base version at $89 yet Amazon already have it discounted. Doesn't say much for a game that's only been around a few days.

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

One of these is instant digital key, one is a box that has to be delivered (with a key in it).

7. Skexis

Skexis Member

And the real difference is, what?

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Time mate. Time.

Sphinx likes this.
  9. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Welcome to every game released in the last few years.

First time hearing of Amazon champ?

10. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Keen to see the changelog for this ~9.5GB Day 1 patch dropping tonight. Fingers crossed some of this serious bugs have been squashed.

11. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Could have sworn there are patch notes out already. Some good fixes but mainly regarding the connection to servers in matchmaking.

12. rthy

rthy Member

hopefully thing pickup when after nov20

with all these new modes and stuff, i wish i was just playing 64 player rush metro or conquest

edit:
    It is fun, but not $62 fun... let alone $89.95
    hopefully xmass sales kick in soon

Portal is cool, but im already over it

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  13. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

I think it'll take more than squishing some bugs to save this game though. Hazard seems DOA, and conquest - Even if you cast all the problems and and nonsense aside, the kicker for me is the lack of launch maps.. only 7. Pretty sure that's a series low point, and I mean personally at least, 3 are on my shit list already.. and i'm pretty sure most other people's too (Looking at you Renewal, orbital, and sitting on the fence with Kaleidoscope.. pretty over it already)

Just not sure theres enough to keep people pushing through the issues until it's in a reasonable state.

Then there's portal , but not sure on that one either. Still really hard to tell if it will keep momentum .

14. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Cancelled my order after reading this thread. Damn guess I shall stick with cod.

OJR and Dr Evil like this.
  15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

40 hours in, at level 35 or so now, have most of the guns & vehicles unlocked (and have finished with the Wildcat), it's a rough launch but it's been fun, especially when squadded up with 1 or 2 mates. It's nowhere near how I felt with Cyberpunk 2077, which made me angry and disappointed like a parent who just found out their 16 year old got arrested.

I do hope they end up with more than just 2 extra maps every 3 months, then again that's still 8 new maps in a year. I don't think any of them are bad now that I've played through them all well enough, I think Kaledoscope is the best of them and Orbital is the worst but the rest are all pretty equally decent. I think a good way to add at least one more map quickly is to work on Caspian Border a bit, add a few more cap zones and add it to the 2042 default roster.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    6thgear likes this.
  16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Played with new drivers last night, bit better perf. Couldn't get into the normal modes so was playing portal with bf1942 map and 2042 weapons and faster movement speed.

Still feels clunky as which isn't something I associate normally with frostbite. This was pre the new patch I assume.

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Haven't had a chance to play the 2042 maps, when I played it was mostly Portal.

But 7 maps is a lot of maps for a Battlefield game if they are actually decent maps.

I actually think you only need 4 good maps in Battlefield, which leaves three maps room for being average/bad.

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  18. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Don't listen to the haters, people who don't enjoy it come to forums and facebook to complain, everyone who likes it are too busy spending their time playing the game rather than wasting time on forums :leet:

gmaxh likes this.
  19. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I agree. Jumped on my PS5 for a few rounds last night and had a blast. I would enjoy it more on PC with the freedom of M&K, but still waiting on Umart to fix my motherboard...

There are definitely millions enjoying the game happily that aren't browsing reddit, twitter or forums. They are just playing the game. The chat in the games last night were all positive. Yes, there are a few bugs, but there is a roadmap of a few patches over the next month or so that will improve that and bring in some missing features (one being VOIP).

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  20. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Sure, i'd be happy with a small number of great maps vs a large number of shit maps, I just don't think this is the case here though.. it's 7 maps , none of which are stand outs .. That doesn't seem to just be my opinion either . I Do think in time some might grow to be popular. Especially in conjunction with other changes.

Says the person posting their opinion on a forum .

I don't think we have a "haters gonna hate" sort of mentally in this thread. Seems quite reasonable..