1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EA Battlefield 6 (Battlefield 2042)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2020.

1. The Beast

The Beast Member

Go back a few pages, that’s basically this thread.

2. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

to be fair it should have never been released without those things

3. Frag

Frag Member

oh wow I'll bite, I stand by my stance on the games trajectory. Yay a "war game" that makes you feel warm and fuzzy, perhaps we should all be ingame engineers constructing wind turbines and planting trees while singing kumbaya and holding hands.
    Exactly. While I enjoy myself with friends I won't touch it solo anymore, without voice comms and some sort of teamwork its just a buggy FPS and there a much more solid options. Heck COD satisfies the FPS urge more than BF. People have a right to be pissed about the state at launch, EA got their money for a finished product which in reality is nowhere near the case.. Yet its now become common place in the industry, even my fav developers released CP2077 in a piss poor state. The industry is run by accountants and as usual the hardworking developers who usually live and breathe their product are forced to put out the shit that they do.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Sphinx likes this.
  4. budzilla

budzilla Member

Some old familiar names. :)

Leaving aside the (sometimes questionable) design choices in the game it seems even more broken than BF2 on release. The game seems to be very broken.

5. rthy

rthy Member

What the fans want vs what was delivered are 2 different things (except the bugs).

Hopefully will be better in the next release or rehash bf4 remake dlc :Paranoid:

6. r8response

r8response Member

Why are people so hung up on the lack of a scoreboard? I never really cared personally (Mostly because I'm forever at the bottom of them :D )

macktheknife likes this.
  7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Playing BFV/BF1 lately I agree with outing this apparent backwards step:

[​IMG]

lxboston and Frag like this.
  8. Frag

Frag Member

I hate answering questions with questions but why do people care about achievements and collectibles in games? I think K/D gives you a good look at how you're tracking and more of a motivator? I just dislike how they have bundles Kills/assists.. Omitting deaths just seems nonsensical, first shooter to do so and hopefully the last.

9. rexest

rexest Member

Hourglass is a rubbish map but 2042 does have decent graphics..

10. Frag

Frag Member

It does but its been "purified" too much... Most maps are rubbish, so really what can we say. You'd think with only 6 maps at launch they would be well thought out completely polished right?

I must say that going from the 5600x to 5900x has really boosted my frames, I didn't think it would going by other games but it has. I dare say the game engine has been optimized (I used that term loosely) for 8 physical cores so anything less may have some strange behaviour. One of the most frustrating ones for me was hits not registering and being physically out of sync with the map. Ie graphics and wall boundaries just didn't line up by miles, eg couldn't walk into a door but could walk through the wall 5 paces away. First game on the 5900x I managed 88 kills so was pretty chuffed :) (Placebo?)

11. rexest

rexest Member

I went from a 6700k at 4.7 to a stock 5900x the frame jump in bf2042 was huge(This game played a part in me moving on from the 6700k it was getting flogged at 100% at all times).
    Avgn around 120fps now ultra/high settings with rtx off its smooth af, Im at level 84 now def need some new maps/content

lxboston likes this.
  12. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Not for another 60 days, apparently...

13. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

Too little too late by then

Frag likes this.
  14. breno

breno Member

Mrs purchased a pass for me and the kids to go to Fortress in Melbourne. This was the first game I loaded up and yeah didn't really enjoy it unfortunately. Really quite boring I found.

15. rexest

rexest Member

Have heard this since battlefield 3, Bf3/4 launch were both worse then this one imo, This game runs bf3 would constantly crash on high end systems for the first 3+ months.

16. Frag

Frag Member

Thats one that I never had issues with and at the time I was running quad sli on 690's :p. Was smooth as butter and loved it coupled with a 27" 120Hz =). Though that could be my memory being bad hhaha. I def remember playing without issues for long stints.
    Yeah on your own its pretty crap. If you have a squad of 4 its playable and some maps have "some" sections which can be quite fun. But yeah really playing it as there is nothing else, I have a heap of VR games to start so might call it quits.. was just going to get to lv100 before i do :)

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

If you've never really cared you might not have played battlefield as it was originally played, did you play Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2?

The best summary I can give is that the scoreboard let you know your contribution to your team as well as gave you a picture of the overall battlefield fight, which worked particularly well in Battlefield as it was a ticket based game.

It also put a small amount of pressure on the entire team to do a good job and gave you a proper understanding of who your team is, and what they are doing.

2042 essentially means you can get in there and fly around in your hovercraft and do nothing, you could be a useless teammate and you won't know, and nobody else will know you are being useless.

I don't think the scoreboard is absolutely required, there are other solutions to it, however 2042 is a great example of removing as much as possible from the game, simplifying maps, damage and everything else, and then releasing it as a complete game.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  18. lxboston

lxboston Member

Maps are beautiful in bfv, bf1 too

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Really dumb comparison. A small village on max settings vs a desert area on minimum settings.

Hamada in BFV was absolutely woeful graphically speaking and 90% of the map was empty desert with some rocks and a few palm tees:
    "Old Gen".
    upload_2022-1-7_20-54-5.png

"New Gen"
    [​IMG]

20. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

As for the scoreboard, honestly I don't miss it. I know based on my own score and the game score + caps if we're winning or losing and how I'm playing, and it doesn't matter if xXxHitlerDidNothingWrong69xXx is going 50-5 at the top of the opposition scoreboard. Team-mates are going to be trash with or without a scoreboard, that's been part of Battlefield for ~20 years. And with 64 players per team there's a much bigger spread of quality in the team anyway so better to just worry about your own squad.

Kommandant33 likes this.