Earbud recommendations Commute and Work.

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by SSJ4, Sep 14, 2017.

1. connico

connico Member

Why dont you test it and plug it into someone elses phone?

2. OP
    OP
    SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

A simple thing. That I havent done, I've been driving to work lately after a leg injury so I havent had the need to use them on a commute.

However I never had any issues with the stock shitty earbuds I've had for years.

I'll have a try and report back.

3. FNQer

FNQer Member

See if it does the same, when you use another device.

I found some work on Apple and not for androids, and visa versa....

4. OP
    OP
    SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Just an update on this.

The controls going haywire issue seemed to fix itself. Dunno how, I just stopped using them for a couple days. Came back and they worked perfectly.
    But today the right ear bud is now dead. Jiggling the cable around gets some signal so sounds like a broken connection or crimped wire. This kind of thing could happen to any pair of ear buds. And is probably fixable if I can figure out how to open the thing up.

Overall they arrived exactly 4 months ago. And were used for my daily commute every day, at the office and lived in a little leather carry pouch so they didnt tangle with my keys when not using them.

After some breaking in and tweaking the eq on my phone the player I use has a 10 band eq so I had alot of control the sound was actually REALLY good for what they are. However from the controls issue a couple months ago, then them simply breaking... I am not sure I'd give them another go. I rarely rarely break anything and while these buds got a work out its not like they were mistreated.

Verdict.

Excellent back up buds or for occasional use.

Will be invested in some trusted brand name buds for my dailys next time around.

5. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

The Xiaomi's are garbage at best and they don't last long (not like any of the no name brand Chinese earbuds for chump change do nowadays). For $100 and under buy the Shure SE215. Hard to beat. The Hifiman RE-400's are garbage as well, decent sound but shit QC control (it's Hifiman) and they literally fall apart after a months use or so.

Also take the reviews on shill-f...I mean head-fi with a grain of salt.

6. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

If you can find a set of these, they were cheap $12usd, I still have two pairs despite 13yo son using one pair, sound fantastic and were wirecutters pick in 2013 when I bought them. Proved to me cost /= quality

Wow, now $6.99 here! What do you have to lose?