Eating too much pizza?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by manic311, May 21, 2009.

1. Wet Sandwich

Wet Sandwich Member

Cut out the pizza completely, or save it for maybe once every fortnight, if that. While you are young, your body will 'shrug it off'. That is, your metabolism and general youth will still accept the pizza, won't make you feel too bad, so you keep eating.

But honestly, if you can't tell its bad just by looking at it, well, take another look. There is grease, more grease and dough. Please don't consider the tiny amount of actual vegetables on the pizza as a serving of vegetables, you're pretty much eating dough and grease, this is not healthy.

I'm a few years older than you now, and it's getting to the point where eating bad shit a few nights in a row does take its toll on me a bit. I've not done a whole lot of exercise over the last year, I'm still tall and quite thin, but lets just say I don't exactly have a 6 pack.

How much exercise you do doesn't really affect how much bad food you should eat. If you are an iron man and add a daily dominos into your diet, you won't be the same after a few months of that.

On another note, how's things with the ladies? If you get a steady girlfriend, she'll be out the door if you order pizza 5 nights in a row and she never even sees you in the kitchen. You don't have to be the next celebrity chef, but there is plenty of easy shit that's actually half good for you. Look into stir fry for example, it doesn't get much easier than turning on an electric wok, slamming in a few vegetables and bits of chicken and stirring it around for a while.

2. pusbag

pusbag (Banned or Deleted)

You gotta add mince to the pasta sauce, then it becomes a delicious meal which is also very cheap.

3. bester

bester Member

Amusing...

I had a friend who became a WoW addict for two years and ate them at this frequency...he ended up weighing 150kg.

I don't understand how anyone could eat those crappy low quality pizzas which are obviously no good for you (especially considering how quick and easy it is to make a relatively healthy one at home).

Regards,

Bester

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  4. PostModern

PostModern Angry Brewer

You live in the CBD and all you can find to eat is Dominos. I pity you. Get into the good food you can find in any city centre. Exercise a little more by walking around and going to the food. Hell...

5. AusScare

AusScare Member

wow I'm in the exact same position.

I work in a pizza shop, and ate it, no joke, 5-6 times a week for 3 months, so that's around 60 pizzas.

I also go to the gym around 5-6 times a week, and walk alot.

During this period I experienced no weight gain at all (much to my disappointment), but have since stopped because I thought it might be impacting on my long term health.

Now I have pizzas probably twice a week. This isn't dominos stuff either, it's a little locally owned shop, and the ingredients all taste/look pretty good when I make the pizzas.

Thoughts? 20 pizzas a month too much..

6. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

There is no way it feeds one of me.

I have dominos once a week (sometimes twice - it gives me a break from cooking every single night), although I don't have cheese on my pizzas. I don't know what your local is like, but my dominos makes excellent pizza. I don't think I'd like to have it more often than that, as I like some variety.

I think pizza is a much better (and cheaper) alternative to other fast food like fish and chips (I can't eat that - too much fat), burgers (Not McDonalds, HJ is ok but only once or twice a month).

7. dav3

dav3 Member

the problem with pizza is that you eat a few slices. i can sometimes finish off a large pizza by myself, and at roughly 1000kj a slice thats a lot of shit to burn off. at least if you get fish or a chicken burger or something you'll get a bit of protein and maybe some salad stuff on it. pizza is carbs with a layer of melted fat and some (generally) dodgy topping to add a bit of flavour.

8. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

I nearly always eat a large pizza (sometimes I save a couple of slices for breakfast). Note I don't have cheese, so there is a lot less fat in mine. I don't see how it's significantly worse than eating 4 helpings of curry+rice like I had last night.

9. bigteethygrin

bigteethygrin Member

Just orderthin crust for a change :)

10. OP
    OP
    manic311

manic311 (Banned or Deleted)

Alright so this morning within 20mins of waking up I ate cereal breakfast and for lunch I will make an omelet, I have started speeding up my metabolism not that it was bad but because then I have a goal to work with. :thumbup:

11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Most people I know can't even finish one.. It's just full of cream/cheese/oil.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I used to be able to when younger and at uni.....these days I struggle to eat half a large (PH) pizza.

13. michael_

michael_ Member

do you feel bloated all the time? lethargic? like crap? eating that much high carbs wouldnt make you feel very well especially over a 2 week period,

14. OP
    OP
    manic311

manic311 (Banned or Deleted)

Nup, I only get bloated from fkn milk and no I am not lactose intolerant :/