1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 RGB - Replace RGB Strip

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by mctrix, Sep 11, 2021.

1. mctrix

mctrix Member

Hey all,

I have an EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 RGB which the colour in the LED strip isn't consistent.

It seems to have gotten worst over the ~18months of running so i want replace it.

I have seen a post on Reddit that EK will replace it but in the chance they don't has anyone experienced replacing this strip?

Once you unscrew the res out of the body of the pump is the strip easy to take out or is it glued?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/digital-rgb-led-strip-100mm would this be the replacement part?

2. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Nah, that's a (newer) 3-pin 5V aRGB one mate, from EK's website the 140 REVO uses 4-pin 12V RGB.

In saying that, if it fits properly all it'll do is convert the res from 12V RGB to 5V aRGB - you just need to make sure you put it in a 3-pin header and not a 4-pin one, or you'll pop it :thumbup:

Take the RGB strip out and measure the length and width. If it matches the 5V one, you're golden. PCCG have them in-stock locally apparently.

From the stock photos, it looks a little bit thinner than a bog-standard RGB cable just going on the LED module size - but that may be just photography too.

3. OP
    OP
    mctrix

mctrix Member

Thanks for the reply,

It looks to come out ok through a slot in the back of the pump. I just need to buy a replacement

juzz86 likes this.
  4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Awesome. Is it 3-pin or 4-pin?

5. OP
    OP
    mctrix

mctrix Member

4 pin but will do as you suggested and measure for the 3 pin 5v replacement.

I will drain one of my loops this coming weekend to verify

juzz86 likes this.