1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EKWB to offer "free" lga1700 backplates to velocity block users

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by bobzabuilder, Mar 15, 2022.

1. bobzabuilder

bobzabuilder Member

So if you bought a velocity CPU block by any chance and didn't receive a backplate for the lga1700, you can order one for "free" at the ekwb website, just pay the $30 shipping with your order...

More importantly it is also supposed to be available free of charge at major partnering retailers for the end customers but it doesn't seem to be available at many of the stores in Australia, maybe someone in the community can find out?

Major Partnering retailers:
    PC Case Gear
    PLE Computers
    Umart
    MWAVE $9

Good news for legacy cpu block users as the backplate does seem to support most of all the models not just the velocity blocks meaning your old blocks can be used on lga 1700 systems. (check compatibility for your own block pls)

The free LGA 1700 backplate is a limited period offer and will expire on May the 1st, 2022

EKWB FREE BACKPLATES

Attached Files:

2. Will S

Will S Member

free roflmao $30 shipping is not what I call free...

3. havabeer

havabeer Member

especially when a 500g pre paid satchel is only $9.50

4. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

to be fair, they do use DHL express which will get here in under a week..... not like Aquatuning who use DHL Paket which will cost over $100 and take over 40 days before it even hits Australia, then its up to Australia Post

bobzabuilder and woja like this.
  5. woja

woja Member

Yeah I just got a jet plate for my cpu block in under a week from ek using DHL. Always use UPS for Aquatuning.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    bobzabuilder

bobzabuilder Member

Yeah the ekwb only makes sense if you are making a mega build and need a bunch of other parts as shipping kills the "free" part. Can just get it locally for $15 delivered

I'm just happy that I can keep my blocks for another generation of intel cpus. Hope lga1800 isn't another disruption or is a extreme or server side socket.

7. jekel

jekel Member

I got one with my last EK order, they asked me for an invoice showing I bought a Velocity block though which I did have. Currently using my EK Magnitude block just with the standard bracket etc though as I am on a Asus Z690 board which has the extra holes for older block fitment, no issues so far and temps look fine.