1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

EL backlight

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by TRG.dOinK, Mar 24, 2006.

1. OP
    OP
    TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Yea im assuming its the deck, a fuse, or the wire at the back of the unit somehow disconnected (illumination wire). Only problem is, im having quite some difficult removing it from my cc lancer. I see the clips at the front of the headunit after removing the face & little front rectangle cover, but cant figure it out. I think theres the bracket that screwed into the car, and the deck then slides into it and clips in. I just got to figure out how to slide it back out, otherwise might undo the bracket, and removing the entire lot.

Oh and i dont know the pinout. I've tried in the past to read voltage levels, and i got nothing. We were positive theres a switch somewhere that when the face is put into place, it turns on, and the voltages will come through the pins, but i couldnt find it.

2. TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative Member

If it's in the cradle that's supplied with the deck, you will need the remover-thingos that slide down either side of the deck and release the clips. If you don't have them, any car audio place should have a few spare laying around (They come in the box with every headdeck).

3. OP
    OP
    TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

oh i see i see... tnxs.