1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Elden Ring - | (Releasing January 21, 2022 on PC,PS4|PS5, Xbox S|X one

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Trizae, Jun 11, 2021.

1. retaxis

retaxis Member

i shall attempt this respawn simulator after i finish marvel guardians of galaxy

power likes this.
  2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Started my NG+ tonight after cleaning up some unfinished stuff on my first file.

Will casually cruise through it again now focusing on a particular questline I didn't manage to do originally

3. varin

varin Member

I’ve been playing more co-op and have been invaded many times now. It’s kind of frustrating to be fighting a boss and then have some noob invade your game. Although I haven’t found the invasions to be too imposing overall. I got griefed pretty bad one day on “the division” and it made the game very unpleasant. At least here, even if you get killed by the invader, then it’s just over, they’re gone, and you’ll likely never see them again. You can’t get smashed by the same person over and over again.
    Overall, I’ve actually killed more invaders than they’ve killed me. Plus, every time you defeat an invader, you get a rune arc. If they defeat you, you don’t really lose anything. So it’s net win.

4. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

It'd be nice to have an option to turn off motion judder (not blur) on PC.

5. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

you mean frame pacing? Most From Software titles have this issue especially on PC & DX12, G/FreeSync+VRR may assist with this

power likes this.
  6. power

power Member

yeah, that's not intentional.

Trizae likes this.
  7. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

I'm talking about the massive fps drops sometimes when I turn.
    Yesterday was semi decent but Today has been dreadful, I'll have to figure out what I've done to screw things up (assuming it isn't simply because of a change in wind direction)

8. power

power Member

because From, this is their first run at DX12 and well they never really figured out DX11, so yeah.

tldr it's the shitty engine.

9. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

Wind aside, what's your setup?

10. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

Ryzen R7 3700X, 32MB 3200MHz DDR4, Radeon RX 6900 XT.

Your call re: Freesync seems to be spot on. I enabled it along with reenabling Microsoft's Device Association Root Enumerator which I disabled late Yesterday following online advice and things were much better, re-disabled the MS DARE and rebooted and things were still good. I'm still puzzled as to the drastic overnight performance drop but things are better now than they were Yesterday. Strafing while turning the camera isn't as smooth as other games but I can live with that.

Trizae likes this.
  11. Unframed

Unframed Member

Found the issue, need more RAM

Trizae likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

Glad to hear its working! Yeah with your rig you shouldn't be having those issues glad to know it's working out now! :) Camera stutter when playing games especially soulsbourne is no good!

13. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

oops, that should be GB naturally, damnit!
    I do have a second 32GB lying around that I could add though.

Trizae likes this.
  14. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

Makes combat especially painful ;)

Trizae likes this.
  15. Unframed

Unframed Member

Nuh just an MB joke. I have 32GB and no issues aside from the odd stutter

16. Luke212

Luke212 Member

i was running around as a noob, and some red glowing guy appeared and started chasing me. it said like an Intruder or something? what was that? i just ran for it and eventually they left? i thought for a minute it was pvp or something but no clue really?

also i am completely lost as to what to do in this game. have no mission, have no where to go really. cant work out the pc keys. i dont think they finished the pc version really. this game does not explain anything.

anyway i got a horse by pure luck by camping. but no place to go now. how do you find out what to do next? they kinda just dump you near that fucking knight that kills you and thats it.

all i do is ride around and look at cool bosses like the cage head and the giant rock man. then run for it.

not sure how to even upgrade abilities in the menus. i can see them but no way to add attributes. so again? a pc issue?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Go into the pause menu and go right to the end of the 'inventory' and it will have a bunch of noob blurbs - read them.

18. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen Member

At some point early on (probably the point you get the mount) "Level up" gets added to the menu when you camp. Select that and you can spend the runes you collect on the stats on the left. Beyond that I have no real idea, I'm just farming runes on non boss mobs and levelling. I'd like to know where to get new spells for Astrologer and where I can dispose of gear I have collected that provides more benefit than simply dropping it.

19. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

Sounds like this is your first From game.

Watch all of this. Like all of it. Take your time and ask questions where need be no real gatekeeping we all started somewhere and died many a time once. Good luck tarnished! :)

Also remember when you used to get games with your parents at the shops and they had instruction manuals which you used to read on the way home before putting the game on? Well you're in luck! Same applies here ;)

Elden Ring Instruction Manual

PS. Mouse and keyboard is fine but i'd recommend using a controller of some sort if you're trying to figure out what's what

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  20. Luke212

Luke212 Member

so an NPC invader can happen when in offline mode? does that just mean its a computer sim of what a human invader might do? seems weird and out of lore or is something i missed?