Elder Scrolls MMO

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Philll, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Marcism

Marcism Member

Loving the free weekend so far. ~30GB download and can't even log in. Seems the servers must be overloaded.

Getting: "And error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."

:(

2. steelbom

steelbom Member

Trying the game now over the free weekend. Disappointed I can't enter to win the million.

3. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Grabbed this in the Explorers Pack version for ~$15 from G2A, playing on USA servers without any issues.

I also played in the beta and it was just awful. Turned me right off, but then I saw a video review from just a few days ago and they've fixed practically all of the terrible, buggy issues that plagued it on release. Another $5 for a mount from the crown store just to make things a bit easier, but that'll be the only thing I actually buy.

Quite fun, but I wouldn't mind a lower ping as it would flow nicer if I could counter/dodge at real time.

4. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Just jumped on this a week back with a couple of mates, quite an enjoyable game

5. power

power Member

Stop playing they'll be forced to start working on ES proper!

6. hosh0

hosh0 Member

So anyone here in a decent guild, or is there an OCAU guild?

7. pvtgonzo

pvtgonzo Member

Played on Xbox One for months... Gave it up to go back to PC master race and cant be bothered pouring in 500 hours to get back to where I was... How is the latest expansion?

8. hosh0

hosh0 Member

I'm still having fun with the game, hit 50 recently. Anyone part of a good trading guild?

9. davros123

davros123 Member

FFS how about they employ someone who knows how to design architecture and patch servers without having insane downtime ALL THE F*CKING TIME!

10. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Well last night was to deploy the big One Tamriel patch. Otherwise its down once a week which isn't too bad.

11. davros123

davros123 Member

It was down on the w/was well for the One Tam.

It really should not need so many complete outages. It's just lazy design and infra. mgt.

12. power

power Member

Let it die.

13. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Wasn't down on the weekend for me? It went down Monday night as their usual patch cycle and then last night for the update.

14. bevros

bevros Member

Downloaded this via steam on the weekend. Launched it, left the patch update downloading while I was at work and when I came home, steam can't see that it's installed?! Run the launcher in the steam apps folder and it gets to menu but then tells me I need to launch via steam.

Sigh.

15. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Never played ESO is Morrowind 2017 a time to start?

16. power

power Member

apparently there is a free week or some shit - still not going to bother, go away terrible game

Beth need to stop re-releasing Skyrim and flogging this dead horse. Next move will be F2P.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...rolls-online-launches-week-long-free-weekend/

17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

You get about 500 crowns (ingame currency) which isn't very much because DLCs are like 2000 each (or bundle of 4 is 5000). Morrowind isn't a DLC because of a legal technicality Zenimax came up with, that one you need to buy as an expansion. Although you can basically play the game as is without Morrowind in the free trial.

18. Bionic

Bionic Member

Never reallly played MMO's like this but my daughter bought me Morrowind for xmas. Just in the process of downloading the 25gb patch.. I really liked Skyrim. So hopefully ill get some good gametime out of it.. But by reading its a bit crap especially with no Australasia servers

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Aussie server wouldn't have survived anyway. You'll get about 300 ms latency. It is more noticeable in pvp

20. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Plays fine at that latency when in PVE. I'd almost classify the game as a single-player-MMO to be honest. You can do almost everything on your own, and there's a lot of quests to do. For the dungeons, you can usually find someone to run you through them, so no biggie there. Worth a play for sure.