1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Electronics Components Suppliers

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by aXLe, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Odje

Odje Member

2. Angusp

Angusp Member

You can't go past digikey... at least when the dollar isn't so bad.

3. openflame06

openflame06 Member

Just though I'd mention - theres a place in Taree NSW across from the RTA they stock resistors, caps etc. I was surprised when no dick smith or tandy could supply me any of that stuff any more. Apparently they dont deal with them any more in Taree.

4. Tiop

Tiop Member

5. M.A.C.C.

M.A.C.C. Member

I believe Dick Smith (Now called DSE) no longer stocking components? Went into the Toombul Brisbane store a few months back looking for a jack plug. Most trays were empty. Asked the store guy sarcasticly if they were getting out of selling electronics compnents and he said they are.

Unfortunatley, Jaycar are a decade behind. Too many farting men and velcro dartboards for sale there now. Time will tell.

6. arrow224

arrow224 Member

This is true. With the rebranding that is occurring, all components are going. No longer focusing on the 'hardcore' electronics (capacitors, resistors, thermometers, LEDs, micro controllers etc), more so on the home side of electronics such as TVs, computers, sound systems, GPS, cameras, gaming.

7. Rmack

Rmack Member

Ocean Controls Catalog HERE

H-Bridges
    Stepper Motors/Controllers
    PIC
    Gyro
    Accelerometers
    Lots more

8. foxhole

foxhole Member

Just wanted to add some respect for Mousers Fedex shipping. (This was the "free shipping for orders over $200")

Made my order Thursday 17Dec, on the ground Sunday and at my door in Perth, Monday morning 21st Dec. 3 business days from Fort Worth, USA. Well Done.

Anyone dealt with Worldwide Electronic Components in Perth recently, No shop front anymore, their website hasn't seen an update since 07 by the looks, no idea how current the price lists are, looks like 07 also?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  9. RF OUTLET

RF OUTLET New Member

{Ma Baker Edit: If you want to advertise here you have to be a sponsor/advertiser. If you're interested email agg@overclockers.com.au for the information.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
  10. sn1pr

sn1pr Member

Added some details to the Aus shops, whether they are online stores or have a shop front. A lot more helpful if you need parts quick.

11. daztay

daztay Member

FYI Farnell is changing to Element14

news from Farnell

Must cost a pretty penny for them to change names ...wonder why??

element 14 = silicon

12. tronixstuff

tronixstuff Member

Farnell > element-14

The global Premier/Farnell group has six or so different names in different markets. (Premier, Farnell, Newark, ...) They're switching to a single, global brand that ties in with the EE online community they have set up (with the "Ben Heck" hacking show, interesting)

13. Lead_

Lead_ New Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  14. Pugs

Pugs Member

15. Ameel

Ameel Member

Use a direct link for RS Australia on wiki instead:
    http://australia.rs-online.com/

They have overnight free shipping (Probably worth mentioning that somewhere on wiki) with tracking (works one out of two times). Awesome service so far. Cheaper than other places I've tried.

edit:
    except today. I ordered parts yesterday, but were not delivered today. apparently they had a blackout or something yesterday. should be receiving my parts tomorrow D:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  16. Broden

Broden Member

is the cheapest place for one off pcb orders batchpcb.com?

17. kizzap

kizzap Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but www.oshpark.com is a nice cheapish place to get PCBs made.

USD$5 a square inch, and $5 is the cheapest shipping option. As a plus, all the pads are gold plated, and the soldermask is purple....

-kizzap

18. eyebrow

eyebrow Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  19. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Wagner electronic's and WES are the same company, Wes for the trade, Wagner for the public. That's you and me.

20. RobRoySyd

RobRoySyd Member

At last a metal ruler with tenths of inches on one side. Checked with my Mitutoyo dial caliper and 2" read 50.8mm. Amazon had a ruler but it seems to have been made in India and the quality was horrid. These aren't Starrett quality. The metal could be a guage thicker, the plastic sleeve is a joke but for a couple of dollars it's more than good enough for most tasks. I'd also have preferred a 12" ruler but meh.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1X-5X-N...var=452185836513&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649