1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by steveobhave, Nov 6, 2012.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

Asked a guy with the exact same VPC HOTAS that I want, how long it took him to receive everything, and he said 6 months. 6 Bloody, months :tired:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

I got the mongoose grip instead of alpha/delta but otherwise the same and my order took 2 weeks to arrive.
    That was only about 6-12 months ago.
    I think they used have very long lead times a couple of years ago but have increased production nowadays.

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

Plus with the 'rona, it's a perfect storm of not enough supplies. I think I might have to settle for a pre-loved first gen Mongoost-50 HOTAS while I wait for the Constellation Alpha to be in production again.

4. Nerb

Nerb Member

Whats the 'heavy discount'? Still 800 everywhere I look.

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

Sorry, I meant pre-owned. There's a set on sale locally for $600, which is a decent discount off new.

6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Unfortunately the Warthog doesn't have z-axis twist or analog thumb stick for vertical and lateral thrusters for fully controlled space flight, which is now a must for me after using as such for years.

Random screenshot today:

HighResScreenShot_2020-07-07_10-01-00.png

Bolter01 and Nethiuz like this.
  7. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Oh i love the Anaconda.

8. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Thats the Federal Grindvette.

GregDude and Nethiuz like this.
  9. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Federal Corvette
    , actually it doesn't take much to grind anymore (much like many other things), Mate recently did it in 2-3 days.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  10. Zee

Zee Member

I've got a Mongoos and WarBRD base. I also have the original Mongoos grip. Having looked at the new space sim stuff, I still feel like the Mongoos V2 Grip is a better choice (though you're gunna need pedals).

I'm currently also using a CH Pro throttle (which, actually, is awesome with ED), and VKB pedals - which, also, are awesome with ED, and not too pricey. I also have the BAUR F3 pedals (same as the new pedals from VPC), and whilst awesome, my "office chair" set up for ED works better with the cheaper VKB T-Rudder MKIII pedals (the current gen is a MK IV).

My current grip on my Mongoos is the Warthog Grip - which is fucking awesome, though the new VPC grips should be better, as they're plastic, and lighter.

I also have a Warthog grip, but it sucks for ED. There is no split throttle for multi-engined ships (would have been cool for additional manoeuvring tricks), and it doesn't really have much int he way for an analog stick for thruster control. The VPC throttle is on the list, but I have the poverty currently, so will be a while. Half my gear is also stuck in Aussieland, while I'm in the Phils (including both my grips and throttles!!!) so I have an Baur F3 set of pedals, and a WarBRD base with no grip right now... yeay me.

Keep looking - I got my set for $400 from the forums. I'm kinda tempted to sell my set, except for the fact that I have DCS, and the Warthog A-10C... So kinda keeping it for that. I am thinking of selling off the base for the stick, though.

I'd sell you mine for $50.... If I could get at it... If you're interested, I'll see if I can get someone in Aus to dig it up.

Z...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  11. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Ha i thought it was an anaconda with a bodykit. There is a few kits around but it looked a bit different.

12. metalrain

metalrain Member

A few more urgent purchases just have come up, mainly a new GPU, phone and perhaps either a Canon EOS R5 or R6, and I really need those asap... I think I might just place a pre-order on that VPC, WarBrd, Constellation Alpha and MongoosT-50CM2 and hope for the best. Perhaps the wait period might be a blessing now :rolleyes:

Nethiuz likes this.
  13. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

This is available for $7.49USD today only on chrono.gg

FerrisXB9R likes this.
  14. warrenr

warrenr Member

Anyon know if there is an add or website similar to galaxy map to show jumps remaining, where I am relative to the end point in real time?

15. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

It's about a minute per jump dude, as long as you're not needing to stop for fuel scooping along the way.

16. warrenr

warrenr Member

I play in vr and use overlays so it was more of - I don’t need it, it’d just be cool and something else to distract me while I’m exploring :).

17. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

What do you mean then? You know looking at the left panel shows you remaining jumps, right?

edit: btw, what overlays do you use? I just got my Index recently, and have been using OVR Toolkit.

18. warrenr

warrenr Member

Didnt realise the left panel did that! But more interested being able to see the galaxy and browing around in it (similar to galaxy map) while jumping etc
    At the moment while waiting I go to external cameras, move around there, but I really like the transparent views and multitasking on my windscreen (or spacescreen?) Anaconda is huge so having stuff like that always on as a HUD is pretty cool

I use OVR drop atm. It displays the full desktop of my second screen. It can display apps as well, but I think its limited to one?
    Currently on the htc vive (had it since release) and now got the HP G2 on preorder. running a 1080ti so I'll probably take out a homeloan and get the 3080ti to drive it :p

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Comprehensive List of Elite Dangerous Tools
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/enynlg/comprehensive_list_of_elite_dangerous_tools/

The Elite Computer Extension - Multifunctional trading and exploration tool - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/trade-computer-extension-mk-ii.223056/ may be what you're looking for?

Personally I use the following software tools: EDDI + VoiceAttack, EDProfiler, ED Engineer, TTS4E and E.D.I.S.O.N

In other news, EDDB.io now has a new Attractions section: https://eddb.io/attraction
    Handy :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    FerrisXB9R likes this.
  20. warrenr

warrenr Member

im running eddi (alot of chatter)! and the HCS so I theres always someone talking lol
    I havent got around to filtering eddi yet. Havent heard of the last 3 tools - will check them out!

I did a find for EME on that link but cant see anything?
    Looks like that was edited to the trade computer MKII? I've tried that one, awesome for system maps - but cant get the galaxy map equivalent. EDDisovery was the closest I could get, but it doesnt seem to work real time

that attractions one looks super interesting though!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020