1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by steveobhave, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Zee

Zee Member

Still a week from playing... The gamma is sounding promising, hopefully I'll get my new gaming rig up and running quickly once I get back home. The poor old dual core Athlon was struggling...

Z...

2. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

I'm pretty sure I was first in a system on beta 3.91, I got 6k from a basic scan, while travelling through to somewhere else:leet:

3. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Member

Scanning systems can be extremely profitable. With an advanced and surface scanner i have pulled approx. 170k or so from a few systems although that appears to be quite rare.

It can be time consuming given some systems have plenty of locations to scan but in some cases it's well worth it.

4. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

From reading the Pilots Guide it looks like you can get more $$ for habitable worlds than inhabitable... Is there much of a difference selling the data in the same system versus a dock in another system?

Also with Save and Exit - does this work if you are out in space, or do you need to be docked? Just don't want to start something and have to spend the next hour finishing it and getting back to a station!! :confused:

5. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

It will save you in your current state, even if your out in the deep. you just spawn where ever you left off.

Not sure about selling the Data if its more profitable at a different station.

6. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

Awesome, thanks :)

I love this game and I am glad I spent the cash on TrackIR - makes keeping your eyes on stuff so much easier, and the game overall more enjoyable.

Not that it is a game. I am too old to play games. Let's call it training. :leet:

7. Snuffy22

Snuffy22 Member

For those interested in the X52 Pro's

I emailed 7 of the 9 Australian Saitek dealers, the response was its "discountinued", yet its still sold all over the world (even directly from madcatz).

I ended up ordering it for $161US from Amazon and am using AusPosts new ShopMate service to have it delivered to an American address and then forwarded to Australia, the final price should come to $240AU delivered.

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

Just installed this yesterday and tried out the training missions.
    How long does it normally take to jump to a new system?
    I seem to get stuck in an endless loop when i make a jump.

9. Zee

Zee Member

From previous betas, usually takes about 10-20 seconds for a jump.

Z...

10. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

The travel training mission is broken, so just skip past this one :)

Like Zee said it is about 10-20 seconds

11. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Well after a VERY shaky start, finally got my shield generator back, found out that you can't have a ship bristling with guns and keep ya oxygen:lol: , so I have now found a new power plant......seal clubbing is fun:cool:

Still making a fair bit just tootling around trading BUT now I don't run, so I am making a bit on bounties too:lol:

Where was this game 10 years ago before I had a wife and kids stealing my play time:upset::leet:

12. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

You would be looking for Privateer then, or maybe Privateer 2.. And there was Freelancer too (maybe a bit more than 10 years). That was awesome.

I though I had lost if forever until I found this thread. Then wow, just...wow.

An X-55 and a TrackIR later, I am a happy man.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  13. Life_Essence

Life_Essence Member

I feel so out of place using my mouse to look and keyboard to fly. I found the ultimate place to upgrade my bitchin' Eagle.Thrusters, Power Reactor, FSD Drive and Power Couplers all A Rating. Too bad I couldn't afford any of them (yet) :(. Making my way to Sol ATMas I'm not actually that far away from it and leaving a path of exploration in my wake, getting a fair amount of dosh from it too.

14. warrenr

warrenr Member

15. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Just bagged a 30k bounty on 4 clowns in one jump:lol:

Just tootling around, minding my own business and bang one after another, must look like easy pickings I spose, they mustn't have realised I have gimball mounted lasers and BIG cannon:Paranoid::lol::leet:

I have wasted soooo much money on weapons and new power plants, I haven't left any for trading:lol:

16. B.D.R

B.D.R Member

Is any one else's ship to ship comms not working?

Dunno if I'm just a tard or not, but I can not seem to talk to any one:confused:

Found a system with a few people just wondering around lost, they could talk to me but I could not talk back, the comms panel was open, so we just started shooting each other instead:lol:

17. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

nice setup.. best viewed full screen

18. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

19. Zee

Zee Member

Heads up - Half price skins all around, and a Cobra skin pack for free - get it while you can (Black Friday thing).

Z...

20. Ohmigosh

Ohmigosh Member

Thanks mate