Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by steveobhave, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Frag

Frag Member

If you class A the FSD, you have a pretty potent rares trader. I made 13m rares trading in about 8hrs of game play.

Ultimately if you wing up with someone in a Hres zone and get a hit on the NPC before they die you share in the spoils. If you want to add me "Fraggle AU", Happy to help you get some credits.

Once I got to the Vulture credits just started rolling in if you are combat orientated.

I'm saving up for my Tradeconda which is about 280m, I could get it now but would mean selling my FAS, FDL and Asp which I am pretty attached to so i'll just farm up. I am still hoping that they will implement a better ship transfer so you can change ships easier.

2. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I got myself up to a Cobra Mk3 and stopped until Horizons was released.

Might start playing over the Xmas break :)

Edit: Got myself to a surface port but can't buy a buggy?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. warrenr

warrenr Member

Im seriously wondering if thats me you're talking about....if it is - its a damn small galaxy!

if not add me anyway - whatthecrappin :p

4. Zee

Zee Member

You're looking for the planetary vehicle hangar - buy that first, then you can buy a buggy... I've found mine in space stations, not on the planet surface stations.

Z...

5. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I got a hanger, but couldn't buy a buggy :(

6. Frag

Frag Member

7. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Found me a pretty decent trade run. It's only 240k each run, but the runs are about 6 mins total there and back, so making about 2.2mil/hr on that run, and they prices haven't tanked with me and a mate working it.

Got a fully kitted out (d class to keep weight down, and c class FSD) type 6 transporter, working towards the type 7 now for double the cargo capacity.

Also got a kitted out viper with mostly c class gear, and anything else that isn't necessary at d class.

It's a pretty nice combat ship so been using that for bounty hunting, but it's pretty low paying compared to the trade run... :(

8. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

New easy to use ship buyers guide developed by a Redditor:
    http://ebg.cmdrshub.com/

For anyone who is less familiar with the 1.5 ships. :thumbup:

9. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Lovely, thanks!

Hoping to get into it over the next week before I return to work.

I have a cobra mk3, might need to ask around for some tips on how best to get rich... :)

10. SneakyBastd

SneakyBastd Member

The Type6 is pretty good, but the Type7 is a different story. It is a deathtrap stock. Even outfitted nicely, it's something you have to be on top of.
    I sold mine and just ground it out for a python instead. I haven't played in awhile, but clippers were on sale without needing rank at some point - if that is still the case a clipper would make a great trader also - cargo with speed. You'll then make it to Anaconda without too much stress. And maybe some of the new ships might make nice intermediary traders, but I haven't used them.

11. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Fly to a high resource extraction site with no cargo in your hold.... float around until you see some system security vessels shooting a wanted ships.... whore in and add whatever dps you have......

Fly back to station and hand in all your bounties.

12. Frag

Frag Member

A rate the FDS, D rate all else and for range/cargo and throw in a discovery scanner. Do some rares trading which will be quickest way to get your trading rank up (google rares trading, easy will make 2-4m per hour with little to no risk)

Once you get to Merchant or above you can start seeing some high paying smuggling missions, some of these can see 7-9m payouts and if you stack 3 or 4 you can make 20-30m per hour comfortably. Cobra is a great ship (asp is the best).

Plenty of you tube videos on this, likely to get a big nerf soon I think so better do it quick.

Fully decked out Asp for this will set you back 16m odd, cobra can do it almost as well you just miss out on the 30ly jump range :)

13. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

I've found I can earn so much more cash by being able to stay in the high resource extraction sites by have like military composites and 3 hull reinforcements modules fit..... I hardly bother managing my shields any more.

14. warrenr

warrenr Member

My wing and I are having no end of crashes since the update. We have found that we tend to crash at the same time (which is obviously too much of a coincidence)
    We have found that not using the voice comms in the game help ALOT

Anyone else found this as well?

Hey eyLikeCarrots - thats what happened this week to us. Weird how you werent affected though????? (which seems to blow my wing theory out of the water)

15. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

No idea... that Kiwi bro Mobius can't hear me on voice comes

I just sent you a message... I'm doing some exploring and I'm a s drunk as fuick

I was trying to boot a pc from USB to install esxi but the f;ing think wouldn't allow me to enter bios by pressing 'Del' during boot so I went fucking apeshitttt on the box and snapped the mobo... there is blood on my fist

Its just like the time I met that german chick in Munich

16. Frag

Frag Member

Ok, for those of you who do need to make money and lots of it, try smuggling :)

I haven't bothered before but did over last couple nights and I was averaging 25-30m per hour. If I was more selective could do more but I get frustrated relogging the Bulletin Board.

Whats more this is in an ASP probably worth 25m.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/05A5A...80004040405f54002f3f22f.Iw18WQ==.AwiMIyu4g===

Made a quick 100m in a couple nights. Best thing is some stations will give you Federation points so you get your federation ranking up as well as your trade and exploration.

I think I will do this for next week or so and get that billion in the bank before it gets nerfed ;)

17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Oh kay then..... :confused:

[​IMG]

18. Frag

Frag Member

Yay finally, my fleet is complete ;)

I now have a
    Smuggling Asp (Set up for long range smuggling)
    Federal Assault (Fully kitted for PvP)
    Fer De Lance (Fully Kitted for PvP)
    Anaconda - Kitted for Fortification

Plus 3 or 4 Adders for place holders/ taxis (Good jump range :p)

Not really keen on a battle conda, thing is a flying brick though good for my purpose - and well till huge points are actually worthwhile on the Corvette I wont bother.

So now I'll finish off my Elite combat rating and trade rating then perhaps set off on a 20000ly trip to the centre of the galaxy.. not sure =)

Been pretty fun getting the fleet together

19. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Oh hello... Please tell me more? :lol:

Hoping to get some flying in tonight.

20. Frag

Frag Member

Head on over to one of the smuggling stations -

Almagest
    Ceos
    Sothis
    Robigo

(This is a small list many more) - I use Robigo

Essentially take the shadow missions (slave trading) - you can stack the missions. As your rank increases and trade rank etc you get some nice juicy ones. You still get nice ones early on as well.

Then once you stacked all your missions deliver slaves to their new owners

Now on the way back from Robigo to destination (340+LY), you will be stopped by cops, by others - you cant get scanned.

If you are in an A-Rated cobra (FSD, Thrusters etc) You can simply just run from these.. otherwise you can select them and fire a couple shots and run away.

Finally when you arrive at the destination you just boost your way into the space station - so line yourself up, boost boost and boost until you are inside.. if you are a cobra/asp you'll hit the back wall so make sure you have shields and give them 4 pips.

Thats it :)

My record so far is about 58m in under 2hrs thats total time.

Now to stack missions you have to be patient, sometimes you are lucky and get a nice selection quickly others it plain sucks. You cycle open/solo to refresh, or log off log on etc etc. Heap of guides available, just look at smuggling 1.5

PS> The more missions you take the more trouble you will have, most NPC's are easy but you do get the occasional bigger ship :)

Ultimately ASP is king, range is just awesome and decent bite as well.

Much more fun than mindless trading.