Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by steveobhave, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Just got my beta access from the $50 kickstarter :)

Note: If you did the same kickstarter, the link in the email may go to the original website, not the new Zaonce site.

2. antenna

antenna Member

I impulse purchased Standard Beta this evening after watching a few episodes of Cosmos and having nostalgia for Frontier. :o

Seems really nice after a quick 30 mins. I can tell I'm going to be buying a joystick thing soon, never thought I would be saying that.

3. antenna

antenna Member

Finally completed Incursion today, perfectly doable (but hard!) on mouse & keyboard. Looking forward to Tuesd.. Wednesday I guess. I want head tracking as well now.

4. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

Okay so who has played Beta 1.01?

I have to say the game is pretty stellar! Just Wow

Now if only I didn't miss out on getting my OCR DK2 in the first AU batch by 30 minutes.. :upset::upset::upset:

Oh well back to playing this Amazing game. (well sort of, back to doing some work, so i can wait till 5, so i can go home pick up my son, feed the animals, cook dinner, put him to bed, then play Elite)

5. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Tried updating last night but no go - servers must have been getting hammered!

I'm considering a Thurstmaster A10 HOTAS to replace my Saitek X52. :weirdo:

6. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

Honestly, Thrustmaster is pretty awesome, it will not disappoint. Had a co-worker take a look at mine, he bought him self one next payday. :p

7. antenna

antenna Member

I played a bit last night but was experiencing connection issues most of the time, perhaps due to the minor .01 update. The brief amount of time I did spend was fairly amazing really. Can't wait to get out of work.

I ordered a CH stick and throttle from Amazon, will take a week or two but cheaper than local stock overall by $60 or so and local stores I asked advised the supplier is waiting on stock here anyway.

And earlier I read this and want a rift even more now. Will try and hold out for consumer release though.

8. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

Yeah i read that this morning, I couldn't wait for CV1, I just had to have DK2 as i had been watching DK1 for over a year already, hovering over the order button every second day.

I couldn't wait the x-months/years that it would take.

Plus elite.

Oh btw.. Now we have a friends system

POST YOUR CMDR TAGS!

I AM CMDR SLUGGA,

join me in and we will rule the milky way... ( or die horribly at the hands of some better pilots than I, either way it should be fun ;D )

9. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Just hold out. :)

Got a mate's rift sitting here in front of me on my work desk where it's been for months... So much potential but so far from being realised. DK2 I fear may be in a similar position. My gut feel is that it'll be disappointing until there's at least 2 x 2000ish 'retina' screens in there. And I'm thinking FB's billions will ensure that's the case with CV1 - if not something higher (more is better that close to your eyes).

When there is, my iRacing and Eliting will be most glorious. :weirdo::weirdo:

I have been coveting a A10 HOTAS for a while, if I can find the right price I think I'll be in quite quickly. At which point I'll have a modded X52 (new stronger spring taken from a set of G25 pedals) should anyone be looking. :thumbup:

CMDR Rick Hunter checking in.

10. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

yeah but from all reports the DK2 in elite is pretty amazing, you can read text and have little issues with targeting. So i am hoping it will be rather immersive

Oh for the bet price on the TM:A10 after looking everywhere best price is here

luckily (or not so lucky for my wallet) it is just around the corner from where i work (1km away).

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=284_953&products_id=16084

Check it :) about $100 less than everywhere.

Sweet I will add you into my friends list when I'm at home!

I had a great session last night. Learnt that Daran (spelling) station does not like me picking up pirate booty then going to their station. :( lesson learnt, but its all part of the experience.

I have managed to convince 2 of my friends to start playing now. They are both loving it. But are coming to me for info as its a steep learning curve. :)

11. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Beta 1.3 release just out. Are there missions now? Looking forward to spending some time in it tomorrow.

I started a group, seems they just use your name atm. Feel free to do a search for the 'Hunter' group and join in. :)

Anyone thinking of particular roles they're looking to play in game?

12. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

yeah its got missions at each station, under the Bulletin board.

Its weird that you can't name your group, tried it yesterday but could only do the same.

I'm thinking I might start doing some bounty/pirate hunter role, rather liking hunting down bad dudes.

13. WRC

WRC Member

Be honest Matt. That's really your pr0n name right?

14. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Only one of them :)

15. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Grabbed a cheapie joystick for $35 from EB, some Logitech, and it's a game changer for me. It went from feeling a bit clunky to smooth killing awesomeness.

It feels like my 27" isn't big enough though. I want my entire vision filled with the cockpit and no I can't afford a rift :p

16. Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Made $5k in ~2hrs of playing. New missions have made it a game. Very fun!

17. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Made 14k in an hour. Found abandoned gold and sold it at the black market :D

18. mojododo

mojododo Member

Just purchased and downloading now! Bloody things downloading sooo slow though :(

19. djdude1010

djdude1010 Member

i may have, but didn't think about how 'found' cargo is actually 'stolen' cargo.

Started flying into space station, got scanned. EJECT EJECT EJECT....

Ah well. Made about 14K in 2 hours dog fighting.

One thing i think they really need is separate bounty ratings for different ships. Far to easy to just grind fed fighters, also no real reason for me to go after a cobra, or to go to any other battle zones, as they are all the same and i dont get any higher bounties, need some sort of progression.

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

They're talking about salvage rights. I was cruising around with this gold and couldn't figure out why I couldn't sell it till I checked and saw it was stolen :D