Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by steveobhave, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Zee

Zee Member

Damn it. AI Nerfed a day before I get back to my gaming PC. Shame, sounded like fun to have properly difficult AI...

Z...

2. Suntzu

Suntzu Member

Just picked up a new GTX1070 to use with ED and my vive! Now I can play properly!

3. had_beans

had_beans Member

I'm trying to download this game again. The elite downloader is as slow as a wet weekend.

Does anyone know how I can find my "Product Code"? I want to download on steam.

4. mojododo

mojododo Member

If you originally bought through the frontier store, i believe you can contact frontier or there may be a click option there i nthe store / support pages to request a steam key for your normal install.

@ Zee, yes 2.1 beta was awesome before they nerfed it. You REALLY had to think about the enemy before engaging and use all the surroundings and ship ability to destroy the enemy.
    The latest 2.1.03 nerf has pegged them back where i can again not worry about my 155mj shields on the FAS against NPC's.

5. Zee

Zee Member

what did that set you back? seriously considering the the selling my 970 for a 1070 or 1080...

Hhhmm.. Oculus is calling...

Z...

6. Zee

Zee Member

The last good AI I faced was in Beta 4 - was it anything like that?

I think the problem is simply that too many high end ships spawn in normal space.

Theys hould have kept the AI the same, but simple made Dangerous-Elite level ships very rare in normal space (as they should be), though Hazres and combat zones would have still had many (which is where I would expect to find Dangerous - Elite level combat pilots).

I sometimes wonder about whomever is leading the ship in terms of development - said person needs a bit of a smack in the head... They are acting like politicians with knee jerk reactions, rather than thinking through good long term solutions. A wild swing with the Nerf Batâ„¢ seems to be the solution to everything...

Z...

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

8. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

That is so cool :thumbup: Creepy as well...

9. Zee

Zee Member

The ship shutdown is the scary part!

Z...

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

2.1.05 update is out
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/276723-2-1-05-update-incoming

11. Frag

Frag Member

So I loaded this up again after not playing for awhile...

Looks like they have revamped a few missions and the loadout shops etc...

Is smuggling still possible (ie Stacking from Robigo etc) - wondering what the best way to make money is? Sounds like bounty hunting is a little off now?

Trying to work out which ship to fly towards lol, im a Fer-De-Lance so everything is 20+ Jumps away.. I have 2x Fighters, 2x Smugglers and Tradeconda, plus a few taxiadders.

Was going to try smuggling but worried the changes to stacking smuggling missions will make that a waste of time?

Is powerplay better? I hated how solo powerplay affected open powerplay effectively killing any PvP.

12. Zee

Zee Member

It's easy to make money - don't even need to smuggle. Just stack biowaste delivery missions from Ceos and Sothis. I've made 60m/run with my Anaconda (about 2hrs). The trick is to take the lower paying ones, as you make more cash per tonne.

Smuggling is too easy. When you can smuggle in an anaconda with under powered thrusters..

Z...

13. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

I've heard of making money hauling shit around the galaxy... but this is literally hauling SHIT around the galaxy.

Nice tip btw.

I'll add to this by saying 'bring big fuel tanks and a scoop because you're going to be doing 400LY trips.

14. Zee

Zee Member

And mines. The easy way to deal with interdiction... It's amazing how badly NPC's want your shit.

Z...

15. samus

samus Member

I also loaded this up again after not playing for a few months.

It seems not too much has changed, i get the blue pop-up every now and then when scanning signal sources. What's that about? I'm also on my way from George Lucas to Sothis, only 30 jumps in my Mark 3.

For all it's flaws, it's still fun. especially with HOTAS and headphones. I destroyed 3 hours the other day just exploring around.

I'm wondering if the Season pass is worth it, maybe next sale. Does anybody land on planets and do stuff? or is it not worth it?

Still saving for a video card. Still torn between the RX480 or a (much more expensive) 1070.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  16. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

... blackjack and hookers ?

So, we have tourism economy planets already.

17. samus

samus Member

Sorry i was finishing my thought and wandered off to do, you know, work. Astonishing for a Friday.

Thanks mate.

18. Zee

Zee Member

I find it fun, the problem is, I'm finding the base game fun. The stuff you could do back in Beta. Whomever is responsible for Engineers and Powerplay needs to be fired, because they have no idea how to make things fun, and just add grind and time sinks as barriers to content. A million people have suggested a millions ways of making the grind fun, but they insist in this stupid RNG.

Parts of horizons are fun, I think it is kinda worth having, the SRV is quite fun, especially screwing aroudn with mates, assuming you don't suffer motion sickness like I do.

As I said, I find the base game fun, but the tacked on bits just seem poorly thought through. They are sticking to deadlines with a "fix it later" attitude, and like I said, whomever is working out the mechanics behind the add ons has no idea what fun is.

Z...

19. samus

samus Member

Ill pick it up next sale then Z. Yeah, im finding the "core" game fun, jumping from star to star, trading, fighting and exploring. Now it time to haul shit from Sothis, and grind out some ranks.

20. Zee

Zee Member

Even rank grinding, another perfect example. It has taken me longer to get to Post Commander with the feds than it has to get Elite in exploration And trading...

I'll be Elite in combat soon, too. All just to let you get at an extra few ships? Makes no sense... I don't mind it being difficult, but simply making it a long boring repetitive grind for the sake of it... *sigh*

Z..