EMG Dealers In Aus?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by InsaneFurball, Jan 8, 2014.

1. InsaneFurball

InsaneFurball Member

As the title says, im trying to find EMG dealers, or atleast suppliers of some sort in Aus that specifically have EMG's solderless wiring kits.

This is basically what I'm chasing:

[​IMG]

Including the pickup selector.

I've found plenty in the US, but I'm impatient and would rather order locally. D'Addario Australia seems to be a supplier of EMG stuff, but all their EMG gear just links back to emgpickups.com. :confused:

2. bsbozzy

bsbozzy Member

3. bsbozzy

bsbozzy Member

What guitar is it for? I just realised that your picture is for a strat style switch.

4. OP
    OP
    InsaneFurball

InsaneFurball Member

Its an ESP KH-202 with a JH Set... that didn't come with the kit.

5. OP
    OP
    InsaneFurball

InsaneFurball Member

Yeah I saw that one, only problem is it doesn't come with a 3 way switch. I have found others on the US ebay that have a 5 way switch, but that's no good when i'm only running 2 Humbuckers.

I might just have to go through EMG directly, but ehh... i'll try not to if i can.

6. break

break Member

If you've got the 3 pin attachment cables for the pickups then you can put together the whole kit for far less by soldering it yourself (easy to do) and picking up the pots, resistor and switch from your local guitar shop.

...mind you... the lazy person in me would probably get the solder-less kit too :p

7. Halford

Halford New Member

Aus RRP on this kit is $79.99, cheaper than the one listed on Ebay when you factor in freight... and that is RRP not street, I'd go through a store and see what price they can do. plus you will be covered under warranty if there are any issues.

8. ndt

ndt Member

never understood the point of "solderless" kits, how often do you think you'll be swapping out pots and pickups? Probably say its more for easy installation but still its not that hard to solder.

The first pickup i ever bought was an EMG 81 when i was in high school, way back in 1999, and i swapped that pickup in and out of like three guitars over about 3 months(could only afford one pickup:D). Also Kept being told you cant wire a passive and active pickup together but you can.

9. OP
    OP
    InsaneFurball

InsaneFurball Member

The problem is, I already have a solderless kit, well everything is solderless except for the input jack and the pickup switch and no matter how many diagrams I try and use something always goes screwy. I have a feeling the actual main solderless erm... unit for lack of a better word (the central piece that everything connects to) may be at fault.

Quite frankly im at the over it stage, so if im gonna replace the central unit I may aswell go the full kit and not have to pull out what little hair I have left on silly little issues (Like the pickup switch not working correctly, volume knobs working in reverse or not at all (yes I have reversed the pins) etc etc..). :)

10. Willybomb

Willybomb Member

Ian Noyce at Noyce guitars in Ballarat would be the person to talk to. He used to have the sole AU distribution IIRC. Dunno if that's still the case or not, but I reckon that was why all his customs had EMGs!

11. BigandY

BigandY Member

12. break

break Member

I had a similar issues when I first installed an EMG kit, ended up being too much solder on the resistor (really wasn't that much, but it was clear it didn't work well with that contact).

Re-soldered it all much leaner and it worked great.