Emilie Autumn - The Espy - 2011

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by The_Shadow, Feb 23, 2012.

1. The_Shadow

The_Shadow Member

So I recently started playing with Lightroom and thought I'd process some shots I took at a pub gig late 2011 having had my camera now for a year and a half. Was fairly happy with the results but I wanted to get some comments on what I can improve on - besides cutting out all the extra people that seem to pop up :)

Any advice on where I should look at heading next gear wise would be greatly appreciated as well.

These shots were taken with a K200D using a Sigma 3.5-5.6 28-80mm in AV mode a couple of months before I learned I had an apurture ring on my lens I could adjust myself to maybe make things easier on me.

PP has been adjustment of whitebalance and noise reduction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Somehow, I feel the colors do not look "natural". :)

3. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Somehow, I feel like you havent shot gigs/concerts before..

Well done considering the gear you have used OP.

#2 is my fav but I think #1 and #3 are the strongest. Shame a bout the vantage point and the heads.

I would suggest if you arent upgrading your body to grab a fast prime and see how you go :)

4. OP
    OP
    The_Shadow

The_Shadow Member

Yeah, unfortunately my currently body doesnt have live view, so dodging the heads was a bit difficult.

Funnily enough I'm picking up a 28mm F2.8 prime today which I think would be good for these types of shots.

I will hopefully be upgrading my body later this year to either a K-5 or something else given Pentax will be stating what their next release will be later on in the year and I can look at either a cheaper K-5 or look at getting the new body depending on the cost/benefits.

Thanks for the feedback guys.