Epic Games Vs Steam - A Battle Worth Watching

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Then link them or stop trolling.

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Well that just shows you post without reading.

3. power

power Member

lower competition and less choice would be my personal argument.

has anyone seen how much metro is on Humble?

Um, no thanks.....

upload_2019-5-2_15-30-6.png

4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Competition! :lol:

Whats interesting is that there are already bad signs to look for and Epic have no marketshare and just pure money.

5. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Wow, I had not seen how much Metro was on Humble lol.
    That being said its 60-70 on many of the key sites now.

Do you think it could lead to other companies who own launchers buying exclusivity - essentially turn every game release into a bidding war between launcher owners?

6. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The list is endless but there is a more important point.

If owning a launcher requires you to be insanely rich then there will be no new competition except those made by rich companies who want to burn hundreds of millions of dollars.

Rich companies generally don't make anything decent, poor companies become rich through the great things they've made.

7. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

Oh, you mean like a AAA industry standard game engine that started as life as purpose built code for a little game called Unreal? (happy 21st birthday btw Unreal)

And bart5986, we get it. You think Epic is digital Satan - but opinions are, as they say, like arseholes etc.... People with alternate perspectives are not "sucking epic's cock" or "fanbois" or other toxic labels you seem fond of slapping on all and sundry. Plus Epic is not going to close up shop in shame just because you despise them - get a grip!.

Hmm.... I wonder if Unity has looked at Epic's move and discussed opening a storefront over a few lunches... there are some cracking games built using that engine. /ponder

8. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Not sure if you are implying something there...

Thats exactly my point, unreal engine was created in 1998 and was amazing at the time, that wouldn't have happened with the Epic Games company of today.

Most of of the innovation does not come from Epic Games, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft or any similar company.

Your words, not mine :lol:

Thats just stupid.

I assume you've never heard of a company changing their policies due to consumers being unhappy?

This is a very basic concept and its most people do and surprise surprise, it actually works, not just in the gaming industry. It feels silly to even have to explain that.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and take the giant phallus from Epic Games then you are welcome to.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  9. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Bart you have actually got to be one of the most patronizing people on these forums when you reply.
    You have this constant "I am superior" tone to your messages. Perhaps we would take what you have to say a little more seriously if you delivered in such a way that didn't make you seem like a monumental arsehole.
    You are allowed to have concerns with epic, and rightly so they are not perfect, but people will not engage with you if you talk down to them, imply they wouldn't understand things, say you feel silly to have to explain things.
    Look at the interaction I had with power yesterday compared to you, you both made similar points but he went about it in a civilized manner and got sensible discussion from it. If you belittle, talk down to, what ever in SD threads you will just end up on everyones ignore list.

DangerMaus likes this.
  10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Only to you and a few other painful people who struggle to read, understand and respond to a reasonable standard.

Can I just remind you of the way you post? You come into a thread and this is the first thing you reply

Now lets see

1. Putting down people that are discussing an important issue in the gaming industry and are concerned about what Epic are doing.
    2. Claiming that OCAU members have no issue with a monopoly, but nobody said this.

I asked you who said that, and you didn't respond.
    3. You make a general statement that "competition is nothing but good" while completely ignoring the countless genuine issues people have raised in 29 pages.

Thats why.

11. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Putting down? Where did I "put down" people in that post you quoted, I stated people are still hung up on Epic Games Launcher (they are).
    Also, I NEVER exclusively said on OCAU, you know there are people on the internet outside of OCAU, it was a general statement covering places such as here, reddit, other forums.
    Competition is good.

Also bart, you have once again been a patronizing little shit by saying I cannot read - seriously cut that shit out or it will be escalated.f

EDIT: You are patronizing to everyone in here, in the Star Citizen thread, everywhere you post, you are a genuinely rude and patronizing.

12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

So now you are backtracking? Of course you were talking about people on OCAU. You even had the opportunity to backtrack on your next post after I called you out, you didn't.

If you bring in bad attitude, expect bad attitude.

13. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

You cannot possibly know who I was speaking about, I never specified an individual group, so you are making assumption....you know what they say about making assumptions don't you....
    You are good at claiming things that have never been said.

14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

This is very basic english.

"Oh dear, people still hung up on Epic Games Launcher" Thats talking to OCAU

"yet would have no issue with steam having an monopoly, shit be fucked yo!" Thats the same sentence, also talking to OCAU.

15. power

power Member

forget Epic vs Steam, this is truly bart5986 vs Smegenstein.

miicah likes this.
  16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

So I am just going to ignore bart in this thread, as he is about as much use as shoes on a snake.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_100010_

I use this as a prime example as to why User Reviews are not always good, basically every negative review there has nothing to do with the actual game - the purpose of the reviews is to review the game, not the company.

CAN YOU FUCKING READ DICKHEAD?!
    I NEVER ONCE SAID PEOPLE ON OCAU YOU DIMWIT.

edit: (oh the irony of that right after I said id ignore him)

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

You come into a topic with people discussing epic vs steam, you comment "oh dear people are still hung up on Epic Games Launcher"

And you are meant to be talking about someone else?

What a backpeddle.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  18. miicah

miicah Member

I don't really give a shit tbh, I'll buy games on whatever platform they are available on. Borderlands 3 on release day baybeeee

19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Careful with those words mate, you'll be accused of being a fanboy and all sorts next! Ruining the game industry!!!!

I am still curious to see how Steam responds to Epic buying exclusivity for titles, and stating they would stop if Steam gave devs a better cut.

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I bought Control and depending on how that goes it might be the only actual game I buy on EGS.