error messages in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by ibace, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ibace

ibace Member

All of a sudden...well I only just noticed earlier today...that there are a lot of Yellow coloured Exclamation Marks showing in my Device Manager....wondering if anyone can shed some light...or an explanation what these are about. I have right clicked them in order starting from the top, going through the first 6 entries, right clicked and checked properties...but they seem to be random entries...as shown in the second picture.

System is a Chinese Huanan Zhi x79 Deluxe motherboard with an E5-2660 6 core Xeon CPU...the supplied driver DVD wasn't any help; have installed the basic drivers form it...but now Windows upodate doesn't find any available updates. If worst comes to worst, will just run it as it is...seems to be nothing not working properly, or noticeably...except for the issue of 'not going to sleep'...will hibernate ok...and wake up...just won't sleep.

The apparent joys of Chinese manufacturing...

Pics here;

https://i.imgur.com/a9YaCBV.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/FrEAXYl.jpg

Hoping for some hints...

2. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Looks like a chipset driver that could be missing. You say basic driver install from DVD, is there a main setup exe you can run, some sort of a launcher that contains a selection of device driver selection? If not, perhaps see if the main board has a website driver support and look up your model. From there download and store the drivers to a USB and start installing one by one until device manager clears up. Take note of which driver (s) removes these warnings and perhaps do a reinstall of the OS and only use the drivers that you’ve noted to work.

3. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

yes...as you suggested there was a setup.exe that opened a window with all the individual drivers there ready to be installed if needed...but there was only a Realtek Audio, a Lan Driver, Sandy & Ivy Bridge VGA drivers, a Via VL805 USB 3.0 drivers and a Drivers folder for the Intel C600 x79 Chipset, and I manually installed each of the individual setup.exe files....