Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. AERO

AERO Member

if gear wipes, does the leveling wipe also or just gear?

my pc should be able to handel it, i know my cpu is a bit dated but still should work

i5 4670, 1080 gpu. 16gb ram, many hdd's

2. terroristone

terroristone Member

ive had this for ages and only played it for a minute or so. just loaded it up again and cant play. i get no map warning and i dont have the proper equipment???? any help

3. r8response

r8response Member

Maybe. The most recent wipe only cleared out our stash and character level. Our reputation with the various traders remained.

You can buy the maps from the Therapist, but they're completely useless now. Not sure about "proper equipment" though.

4. terroristone

terroristone Member

Buy them from who? who the hell is the Therapist?

5. AERO

AERO Member

well i just got this tonight, most expensive game ive bought in a few years
    not sure where to start as ive watched a bit but it appears theres so much in game i have to learn

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

I have the game and my son is an avid player. It has a very steep learning curve..knowing what attachments go where and what bullets go in what magazine etc.. I think you would need to put a lot of hours in to get to know what goes where and this alone might put a lot of "casual" gamers off.

7. AERO

AERO Member

i read a good 6 tips thing, suggested to begin learning the maps etc.. run with nothing on but a stabby stabby to get the layout or offline mode. alot of the time i bleed out haha. going to do either some scav runs or yea not sure

8. AERO

AERO Member

man this game is kicking my ass, only last couple of goes am i getting better, just avoid conflict haha :) just extracted a vss sniper, havnt been going in geared as i lost alot of gear to dieing, now im going in with a pistol and getting 1-2 kills, i have had a few shit myself times, tried to knife a few times and ive lost some loot trying to extract too, but anyway im certain ill learn
    eventually

9. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Hit me up tomorrow when I get back home. I am happy to show you the ropes. this game is brutal for new players playing solo and I haven’t played as a team yet so would enjoy the company.

Player is is NexVentor

10. terroristone

terroristone Member

i cant even get a map, i select it from the tharipst, fill and nothing, no map when i go into game??? im giving up on this

11. r8response

r8response Member

Don't bother. Maps are now useless

12. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yes maps used to let you pick your spawn point but that has been disabled patches ago and now maps are useless

13. terroristone

terroristone Member

how do i get into the game then?? i always get no map in inventory

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Just keep clicking next

15. chewbacca

chewbacca Member

You don't need a map so just click on next when it gives you the warning message. Try offline with PvE first so you can learn the controls without the frustration of losing your gear.

16. terroristone

terroristone Member

got it working, deleted and reinstalled fixed it....

17. AERO

AERO Member

decided to give tarkov another crack giving i was struggling, and though ive had a couple of games where i get flogged. had many games in last 24 hours where ive done the flogging, i was only lvl 7, am almost 14 now. done a few runs of woods, few runs of factory to try and get the gas reader. then found you can get it on interchange a bit easier. so ive been hitting that place non stop and one game managed 12 scav kills. not bad considering prior i was unable to kill 1-2 scavs. was really proud i sprung up on two high lvl 20's guys and nailed em both :). only so much bagception can take place. have been trying to keep an eye on things not just run out blindly, and if you kill one scav generally speaking 1-3 will come tothat corpse pretty quickly depending on where you are. (half my problem and i still get done occasionally is taking too long to loot. sometimes just grab their gun and run til ur sure theres no backup.

have really enjoyed this however i got the standard ed and the amount of bag space is stupidly small :(, contemplating if i continue to really like it, upgrading it to the next one.

one thing i cant grasp as of yet is the building guns, is it because i need to work on rep and level? i got no idea how to build one or idea on how to put a scope on one. wonder if theres a helpful guide online. also trying to farm the 3 gas meters now, really need to do other missions but its hard solo. practice i guess :)

18. chewbacca

chewbacca Member

It can be a little overwhelming due to the number of mods available and it isn't always clear what goes where. Give the below weapon modding site a try. Click change weapon to select what you're modding then select attachments and it will tell you who sells it and at what trader level.

https://www.eftdb.one/weaponmodding/220001/AK-74N/

AERO likes this.
  19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Also if u r into twitch my mate has quite a good following now and always happy to help and also does youtube tutorials. Also good at game and funny prick.

https://m.twitch.tv/slushpuppy

20. AERO

AERO Member

haha good old slush :) i already follow him, i also watch iibearded, he does tarkov as well but not as much recently with other games around. also mrdrakezilla he is quite good for tarkov and destiny 2. i have been streaming got a few views but thats ok, i dont expect much :)

and thanks for the site ill certainly go have a look

walker_2003 likes this.