Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. AERO

AERO Member

what sucks is been playing fine, rebooted the pc for an update and now the game wont load :( uninstalled it and now redownloading it :(

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Will the steam version become a requirement or can still play via other way? Will stats reset? Might check it out once on steam.

3. AERO

AERO Member

i didnt think it was going to steam, and with an upcoming patch all stats wiped again,

4. AERO

AERO Member

yep after many attempts to fix my tarkov so i can actually load the freaking game invcluding multiple installs, switching ram slots, uninstalling gpu drivers and reinstallnig em etc... i give up on this piece of shit. can play and load any other game in my list. bar this one. and it doesnt look like theres an easy fix apart from physically getting new sticks of ram., which is never gonna happen.

5. AERO

AERO Member

i guess after stating what was wrong and jokingly saying maybe i should get my moneyback, i got a forum violation email put against me already. i pm'd the mod and said wtf for in a nicer manner then after typing a decent size message remembered i said maybe i should get my money back. i was like oh maybe they dont like that. so i said but who does that anyway with any game. i just hate the fact i paid $75 for a game that wont load. and its not my system its the stupid game... and many others are having the same issue

6. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

My misses pc plays the game and thats my old system form 2011.

7. AERO

AERO Member

what im annoyed at is it was working fine but since the patch and the windows udate, it wont load, and a few peeps are complaining about the same thing
    my pc is a few years old, maybe 4-5 years. gpu not so much but an i5 4670

8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Frustratying, well hopefully they sort it in the next patch.

9. AERO

AERO Member

they emailed me a very big list of things to try to fix the issue, i think ive tried 75% of it, some things i cant try or wont.

Hello rainbash

In this case let's try some obvious and not so obvious steps. Try running the launcher after each performed step:
    - Start BsgLauncher.exe "as administrator"
    - Try updating the Microsoft .NET Framework (Windows 7, 8, 8.1)
    https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework
    - Reinstall DirectX using web installer
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
    - Check the system disk and game disk with CheckDisk. If there are any errors found, please repair them
    - Install all Windows updates available in the Update Center
    - Update drivers of all PC components
    - Update BIOS and motherboard drivers
    - Make sure no components are overheating
    - Re-login in launcher and the game
    - Reinstall the launcher and the game (better to install it on SDD)
    - Try to create an additional account in your OS and try to run the game through it (Make sure that your account have admin rights)
    - Try restarting your PC
    - Try to delete the folder cache in the folder with the game, and then find the folder on your computer % temp% and remove
    everything from there altogether (if something is not deleted, then just skip it removal)
    - Try to set full rights for the current user (folder properties, the "Security" tab) for the game folder and for the launcher folder
    - Close any unnecessary programs running in background, before starting BSGlauncher
    - Restart router, update software on all network devices
    - If you have Windows 10 then try disabling Real-time Protection in the Windows 10 Security Center
    - Test your RAM module(s). If you have more that 1 RAM module, please replace one of it and check if the error remains. The memory may also be checked by using MemTest86 program.
    http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
    - Try to perform a clean reinstall of your video driver.
    - Try to disable Nvidia Highlights feature.
    - If nothing helps, try to perform a clean reinstall of your OS

Thank you for contacting us!
    If we answered your questions, please close this request and rate our support fighter’s job.
    Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.

about the only things i havnt done is reinstalled the os (and im not going to), test another ram as i have no other and the windows test come up fine, restarting the router. (i dont see why), and upate bios. none of the other things are the problem as ive tried the rest...

10. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

AERO i recommend trying a system wipe and reinstalling windows. I had a lot of game crashes but those issues were fixed after i did that.

Im still on ddr3 and 4790k. Something about this game and ram, if theres any ram issues u can guarantee this game will find it and crash. Im now experiencing a different kind of crash and i think its due to my old ram or maybe a ram error.

Its a great game if get into it. Has a lot of issues but its getting better with time.

11. AERO

AERO Member

i cant format as we rely on this pc too much, and i have so much installed. about to go away for a bit too, my opinion is id rather not play than stuff round with a wipe again. eitherway i own he game and its not going anywhere, i hope to get a new system when i start worknig again so maybe early next year ill have a new system to install it on (want a dedicated gaming only pc) as this one is for everyhing including my tafe work n stuff. (so much installed thats annoying ot sort out getting keys and stuff for again. and my windows is only a few months old.

12. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

yeah i feel ya. it took a while for me to put the effort in to reinstall windows, it was about 2 years since i last did it. however i was pleasantly surprised as to how quick it all happened. Since i pay for office 365 i get 1tb of space in one drive so literally everything for my business and general media is on that. Sure updates and downloading the drive content takes a lot longer but u can get back to doing whatever during that time.

i dunno man, hope you can get it working. this game has ruined every other game for me, the gun play and adrenaline is just too crazy. every other fps seems bland now.

13. AERO

AERO Member

well the tarkov forum moderators are pieces of shit. one in particular. got a ban point/warning point against me inciting tolling or flaming or some shit. so i messaged the guy asking what i did wrong so i know not to do it again as i didn't believe i said anything wrong. only to receive another warning that that was the next rule that i broke straight away... (so you cant ask what you did wrong apparently) just take the slap and move on.

just thinking i shelf this game til i do a reinstall some time :(

just thinking ive got a 500gb ssd with not much on it. (might unplug my os 500gb ssd and install windows on the other one and just install tarkov, see what happens. might have to do it when i got a free day or something

14. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

25% off sale rn. Also a good time to get into it as there is a wipe at the end of the month

15. AERO

AERO Member

i would love to upgrade my account for future purposes (when i finally reinstall os or get new pc. or they did say the error im getting is a known issue and there trying to work on a resolution so maybe ill just be lucky and they will just fix it. but eitherway maybe if the sale is still on and i get my tax back, maybe ill upgrade my account to the second or third one. just hate having such a small inventory space :(

16. r8response

r8response Member

Junkbox on LL2 Therapist will help considerably now on.

17. AERO

AERO Member

once i can get the game going again :)

18. AERO

AERO Member

its funny cause i got it a while ago, i sucked, picked it up two weeks ago and really nailed people and got the hang of it, so much that i was really hooked playing it and all of a sudden game errors and wont load :( im guessing a os reinstall will fix, but ive got so much stuff installed i dont want to reinstall os for a while.

19. AERO

AERO Member

just installed winblows on a different hdd to see if tarkov will load from a fresh install (i get memory access violation error, and its not my ram. ) so will be a good test, if it works might even see if i can just have a dual boot system and have one just for gaming and streaming and other for other general shit

20. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

[​IMG]

So I bought the game but I get his when launch the program. Updates drivers etc etc.

Suggestions?