Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Haha yeah i got a mate that gets mega shitty when he dies "FOR FUCKS SAKES THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT" gives me a laugh

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Most of my mates couldnt make the adjust from DayZ and accidental team killing was rife.

You cant take this game to seriously because dying is frequent

3. tonner78

tonner78 Member

You gotta get over that gear fear factor... Once you get past that you can enjoy the game alot more

Just load up whatever you have/can afford to buy - and go in. Rinse repeat. Don't stress about losing gear or you'll never enjoy the game.

4. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

That is it, none of this "I wont use that gun yet ill just lose it" Who cares? by the time you deem yourself "good" enough to use that kit youll be good enough to farm the money for it in a single run anyway.
    Gotta say, something satisfying dunking on a guy going full chad mode with a 500k+ kit when youre a measly scav - Got killa vest, altyn helmet, a kitted vector and m700 from doing that on reserve the other day, glorious.

5. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Haha yeah totally. It's good fun. I'm not very good at the game, but I love playing. Unforgiving but with awesome highs when you pull off kills like that.

6. r8response

r8response Member

Five 7, PACA and a Bag. Go full Rat on Interchange or Reserve. Easy money

7. Onthax

Onthax Member

Yeh, that five-seven is great

8. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Far out, loaded into a Shoreline run this morning, spawn in near road to customs. About 30 seconds later get DCed - AussieBB had an hour outage yay! Frantically get my Launtel connection going once i realise it wasn't my internal network failing. Finally get net back, jump back on and get told im still in game, spawn back in with just under 10 mins to go - 0 energy and nearly dehydrated, hit up a stash get some food into me, leg it to the other end of the map to plant shit for Peacekeepers first quest and then leg it to tunnels and extract dehydrated with about 40 seconds to spare.

Onthax likes this.
  9. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Haha bet the arse hole was clenched the whole time!!

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

just had my 2nd game with a mate, told me to set res to 2560x1439 to fix 144hz, is that true? weird fix!

11. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Got kappa case few days ago, This patch is good, But they made the quests to easy. Getting kappa before level 50 shouldn't be a thing, should be end game quest, and end game isn't REALLY until you get lv 60+

12. r8response

r8response Member

You do understand that 59 to 60 is the equivalent of the XP from 1 to 59 right?. Endgame atm is when all traders are king level. Only once they implement the actual story based quests, will we have a proper "endgame".

As for the Kappa itself, I'm pretty sure I'll never actually get it unless they stop wipes for at least 2 years. Such an old slowpoke.

13. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

no, end game is when you max all your skills, which for me happens around level 55+, unless i force and cheese some skills, has nothing to do with the levels of the traders, ( imho ).

yes i know 59-60 is the same xp as 1-59, ive done it multiple times. Kappa is easy, you just need to commit. And the hardest thing about getting kappa is collecting the items, the kill quests and stuff are easy, but it took me about 50 raids before i found the Veritas guitar pick, checking every single scav i kill for it, and using the moon shine scav case resulted in nothing :( ( at the end i got it from sanitar )

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I run it 1440p 144hz just fine.

15. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

the servers are like 20 tick, you are not getting anywhere near 144hz whatever you set your resolution to and no matter what fps you are seeing in the counter.

from 8 mins, This shit was hilarious. its 2021 and we still get 15 second freezes when pressing tab. pathetic.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Server tick rate has nothing to do with the amount of times my monitor can refresh nor does it have anything to do with the amount of frames my GPU puts out in a second....

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

my point is, you can have 20 million fps, with the tick rate being that low, the game will always feel pretty garbage.

18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Just means sometimes your hit reg will feel off sometimes (so much of it is client side anyway so you often get shitty desync issues), doesn't mean running around the worlds etc you wont notice the difference between 60fps and 144fps....

19. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

The 1 pixel less resolution thing is some kind of meme, every single mechanism I can muster shows me the game is running at 144hz / g-sync while I'm playing, this is of course wholly unconnected from the networking side of things.

As far as kappa goes, I'm not really super interested in going after it- I prefer to get traders up then just go play. I play in a squad all the time and it is a lot of fun helping other people with their quests while they go for kappa.
    This wipe I've been pretty chill, level 38 now, stash full of high tier shit and enough millions to not give a shit :D. Really enjoying the SR-25 this wipe!~

walker_2003 likes this.
  20. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

I only do my quests solo, When in a squad i can never be bothered doing my quests, more fun to focus on wiping squads and getting the banter going.

You should try the Mk-18 Rifle, I was paying 30k per round the other night, but it feels like you are shooting OFZ's at people lol.