Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I am slowly working towards kappa, doubt I will ever get it though, suspect ill be stuck on SBiH forever.

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Try using an ADAR or TX-15, the 5.56 rounds are very fast and shoot pretty flat and being semi-auto you get a lot of opportunity. Pretty sure I did all my Shoreline sbih with 556 MDR last wipe.

3. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

ADAR with M855A1 is possibly my most used loadout :p I am just not great at the long game in general, I play too aggressive and get too impatient.

4. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Same. Always charging around.

As a side note/general statement. Man I love this game. So damn addictive..

5. sparz14

sparz14 Member

A fully modded TX-15 shoots like absolute butter. Can snipe with it or use a laser for hipfire and its still ridiculously accurate

6. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Adars are great budget runner for sure, but mid-late wipe you will wanna move to something better , even hip firing with auto guns is more reliable than semi autos once your recoil skills get higher mid>late wipe.

i try building guns for specific things, this is basically how i set my self up each wipe, laser is also a MUST on every setup.

mdr+m61 = killa killer ( because its epic )

short barrel m4/hk+m855a1 = dorms destroyer ( short guns better for dorms unless you like peeking a hallway to take a shot and having your gun fold into the wall)

mosin+snb = for woods runs ( snb because new woods has a FUCK TONNE of snb ammo lying around so you can top up before or after going for the cultists / bosses, and mosin is da bomb especially if you grab a reap scope and do night runs )

silenced 12ga+AP20 = for memes ( high damage, can 1 shot almost anything in head/thorax or 2-3 shot in the foot ) i done silent caliber pmc kills with this setup in 1.5 raids by just sitting in 3rd story and waiting for some idiot to run up to marked room, then shoot them in the back, or the back of the foot if you want to be an asshole.

vector+pst gzh = factory runs ( pst because AP 6.3 isnt really THAT much better, also it has higher ricochet chance which is annoying , 7n31 is a no go because if you are going to use 1600 dollar ammo, you shoulden't be using it in a vector )

if your not a fan of hk/m4 and prefer aks, just use any ak with BP, BP is still consistently the most reliable for me, more so than igolnik, igolnik = low damage high pen and basically zero fragmentation and can be inconsistent.

7. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

545 BP? or you mean 762 BP AK?

8. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

yes the 762 BP > 5.45 Igolnik