1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. connico

connico Member

Unfortunately not, the website says its online only...

2. Frag

Frag Member

Waiting patiently for this, looks awesome and really fun. Cant wait to try it ;)

3. sugaris

sugaris Member

Played last night in the Customs map. Game starts, I move 10 meters hear gun fire and think, shit already? I Keep moving on... search crates and hear more gun fire further in the distance. Its pitch black and i can't see a damn thing... I'm sneaking through the bushes keeping a low profile, bypassing the bridge and make my way to the gas station... which is a choke point. I get around the back of the gas station and there is a dead body there. do a quick search... I get webbing, backpack and a pump action shotgun! I was stoked... proceeded to walk around for another 30 minutes trying to find the exit point crapping myself the whole time. Finally find an exit point and extracted at 39 minutes... you only get 40 minutes in the map or you die!

The sense of achievement when you escape is brilliant!

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

How many people on the server or was this against NPC's?

5. sugaris

sugaris Member

That's a proper match mate with 6 in the map.

6. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

7. sugaris

sugaris Member

I have been playing this a fair amount lately... 2 million in cash and a stash full of kit. I'll be glad when this is released properly as I tired of the wipes each update.

8. roamin

roamin Member

I got this 2 nights ago and damn i get my ass kicked in it!

Got any tips to help out? Im still level 1 joining games where theres level 30s and 40s with snipers and so on kicking my ass. I insured my gear but fuck me that takes 4 days to get back. So im down to my last pistols. Raped is an understatement. Im guessing teams is the way to play this.

9. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

Sounds very unforgiving. Be nice if they had an auto respawn weapon mode.

10. roamin

roamin Member

the game is brutal, but im guessing its also one of those games where once you get passed the initial start and get some decent armor and weapons its not so bad as you can take a few bullets without dieing. the sense of achievement once you escape with some loot is huge. great game, its just kicking my ass at the moment.

11. roamin

roamin Member

if anyone is playing it add me on your friends list if you like, let me know here so i can check and confirm it :thumbup:

my username is in the pic

[​IMG]

12. sugaris

sugaris Member

Tips...

Learn the maps. Play as scav each time you log in for the first time. Play Scav in Customs and hope you spawn near the extraction points. If you do spawn there head to the servo Carefully and see if there is dead scavs around there. I picked up a huge amount of kit from that area and got out of the map without firing a shot. Playing scav in Factory is good also if you spawn in after the round has already started. If you get lucky there is normally loot everywhere on dead scavs. Also, don't shoot the scavs... this is now suicide, they will all start to hunt you.

Factory Farming is a thing... Go into factory with a knife and sprint to the crates and grab anything and put it in the gammo container. Hope you get lucky and get a shot gun. Aim for the legs... this is no joke. All those lads with body Armour and no leg protection. Two shots in the leg they go down.

It helps to team up with lads... honestly you can have 5 people in a map together makes a huge difference to your survival rate.

This latest update has made the scavs way harder to kill. They set ambushes now and will surround a player before attacking. Remember this before shooting at something as sometimes its better to not give away your position.

13. roamin

roamin Member

yeah last night i was running around with the TAW crew. 5 of us farming factory. i feel sorry for the 6th player that comes in on the map. they have no chance.

i reckon i have run customs as a player and a scav 50 or more times, know the map well now, i dont like factory, customs is awesome though. woods i have not tried too much of yet.

14. sugaris

sugaris Member

My username is Sugaris007 mate if you want to play sometime.

15. roamin

roamin Member

just tried adding you and it wont show your name up for some reason. strange.

My in game name is roamin so add me if i dont find you before hand.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  16. sugaris

sugaris Member

Friend Request sent mate. BobHatfield

17. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

is there just a solid single player to this, or is it always online with other players in the same world?

18. sugaris

sugaris Member

There is no single player Campaign, Online only but you can play solo. Currently there is 3 maps but still on Alpha testing. July it goes to beta and hopefully soon after released proper.

19. roamin

roamin Member

always online with a limited number of players per run (raid) eg: factory only has 6 players, customs has 7 players per run and so on. so its not 100 people in the map at any time. theres also scavs which can be ai and also real players. scavs keep you on your toes.

i have gained a fair bit of an addiction to this game in the last week and cant wait for the beta to launch.

beta will also open a 4th map, shorlines. looks like a snipers paradise map. looking forward to it.

20. roamin

roamin Member

hey sugaris how are you going with the aussie servers? its much better now. seems to be playing good, hit level 30 last night. i will start doing more silenced TT runs tonight to level up i think.

oh and i found the factory key last night too. makes getting xp so much easier.