Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Bought this game the other night. So it's in closed beta nowadays.... This has gotta be one of the most intense games i've ever played. It's so fun stalking people in the bushes and ripping into them when they least expect it. Pretty nuts once shots are fired though.... everyone on the map turns up pretty quickly... makes for some fun firefights

2. Sachimo2000

Sachimo2000 Member

Have had this game for a couple of weeks now, so far I'm enjoying it, but really only understand the basics. None of my mates are into it, so learning is a very slow process!

After putting a heap of hours into PUBG I'm enjoying playing a game that runs well with decent graphics!

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

runs better then pubg eh? is it a similar concept of last man standing and looting? I hear the guns are very realistic..

4. Sachimo2000

Sachimo2000 Member

Nah, completely different gameplay. You drop into a ‘raid’ with a few other people (up to 8) and you can group or go solo. The raid stays open for up to 2hrs ish but you can leave at any time. There are NPC characters in the map called Scavs which can also be controlled by other real people (not sure on the limit of player scavs per raid). To leave the raid you need to make it to one of the exit points (2-3 per map). The interesting mechanic is that you lose your gear if you die, so it can be pretty brutal. There is so much different gear to find and the weapons are massively customisable.

I have a fairly decent Pc setup so not sure how it would run on a lesser rig.

Others more experienced please correct me if anything I’ve said is inaccurate!

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

thats sounds pretty sweet!

6. BuZeR

BuZeR Member

I have been following this game for a while and was going to take the plunge and buy it this weekend, but when I was doing a bit of Googling I came accross their Twitter feed. Apparently they announced on the 10th of November that they will be having a Black Friday sale.

https://twitter.com/BetaEFT/status/929007918434877442

Weird that a company announces that they will be having a sale so far away from the sale date, but guess I will wait until next weekend :confused:

7. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

So is this still beta? Been waiting for this, looked amazing upon initial screenshots but I haven't really followed since.

8. Sup3rFly

Sup3rFly Member

Looks like the sales are active. I was going to do the same thing this weekend.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

I believe it's closed beta now? I could be wrong, but either way it's still beta.

9. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Yeah get it this weekend while it's cheaper. I'll admit it's a much more fun game when playing with friends. In it's current state you can't really party with strangers, as they team kill you for your gear. This is mainly because the ratings system isn't in place yet

10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

My son plays this..when the last patch came out he got so much stuff from the "loot boxes" i think that even the developer commented on how much he found and it kinda went viral as to how "rich" he was...lol

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Missed the opening window for the weekend special. No biggie, as too fucking flat out couldn't help it. Life will go on.

12. sugaris

sugaris Member

dude... I've been playing a lot lately after patch... 0.4.1.706 having aussie servers has been a god send man! way better... level 24 at the moment still working through some quests for the traders.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

My son is level 45, USD $200k.. Max endurance..3W Cases and 3x I cases, 7 Factory keys and 6 box cases and 2 key bars! He says thats pretty good..

14. scottlah

scottlah Member

can anyone convince me why i should drop 50 bucks on this early access game? lol

15. Bourke

Bourke Member

I saw some last night, GRIMMEZ (unfortunately-not a fan) and MSB...someone.

I don't think it's my thing in short...forest looks nice, I love the fact there no team mate tags, means comms become critical, DAYz style loot management is alright coz it's a bit slow and fumbly...guns are nice, sounds are on point, graphics decent but a little on low side, needs some optimisation.

GRIMMEZ had to be coached by his chat in order to complete a factory quest, that jus looks odd, he was playing Factory, spawned and died in 2 secs flat, either by camper or jus a bad spawn

If this is v1.0, i'd like to see v2.0, it looks like a decent base to work from but atm not really.

16. Fool

Fool Member

Just got the game with the 25% off, anyone want to team?

my inventory is already full, such a loot whore love it!!!

My in game name is Zzfool.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  17. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

My 2 sons play this one is "Pink" and the other is "SKRA_Willydog"...beware they are good!

18. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Just got this and I am so hooked...fuck me the tension is real after spending closer to an hour in raid, loaded up the hilt with loot sneaking your way to exfil...I got sniped with 1 sec left on my exfil clock at Smugglers Boat on Customs...and I had just picked up a VSS sniper from the Marked Room!

Would be keen to squad up with someone...I'm level 15, in game name = Ironman140

19. Frag

Frag Member

I still haven't taken the plunge though been patiently waiting ... hows the netcode? Some told me in another thread it was rubbish? Lots of people on ?

20. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

I haven't found any major issues with netplay, you get the occasional performance & lag spikes, but its in beta after all.

Customs and Factory are always rammed with people...Shoreline is my fav but is pretty quiet outside of peak times.