Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. roamin

roamin Member

played this for a while now, the crew i play with and myself have stopped playing, bored of the same 4 maps and the game gets easier as time goes on and you know what to expect. same with scav locations and so on. we didnt even do any scav runs as they were pointless in the end too. i still have around 3mil rubles and 500k in US currency. rsass and kitt helmets and so on in my stash and i only got to lvl 28ish after the last wipe, other fellas i play with are around level 45. the problem is you get over having a wipe and starting again and dealing with the same crap over and over, hence where keen to get back on when the new map drops.

wipe is due any day now too which were looking forward too as were waiting for the new patch to drop with the new map. until theres a new map im not that keen to play.

if you want some good hints on how to play then watch people like kotton, klean, deadlyslob, eroktic and so on, on twitch or there youtube vids. there good and know how to play the game.

netcode is fine, last year it was screwed, there was no servers in australia back then. servers have been here for quite some time now though and run perfectly fine. playing online is no issues.

2. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Mates and I are actually REALLY keen for the wipe. New map and weapons and missions and stuff will be great too, but the wipe is the biggest draw for us at this point. I find that gearing up stage, when everyone is teetering between kitting up to get their missions done easily, or going in cheap because they don't have a huge stash to fall back on, is really fun.

This reminds me, I still have a spare copy from a four pack if someone is looking to get in cheap. I think it worked out to about 20% off each copy.

3. Frag

Frag Member

PM me, very interested!

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Look up Slushpuppy on twitch if you want to watch a funny/good dude (and friend of mine) playing. He has like 100 subs/600 followers now, gets drunk and carries on. Good fun. Does giveaways etc.

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Is this still in alpha/beta?

6. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Very beta :)

7. roamin

roamin Member

Depends how many wipes you have had. This will be the 4th wipe for us. Been playing for a long time. Yes we also want the wipe too as we want to smash the new map. But previous wipes its just the same shit.

8. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

That's the point though :D It just feels like the sweet spot for the game for us, when everything is fresh, and everyone has that impetus

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Not in a rush, will wait until it's gold I suppose.

10. roamin

roamin Member

glad you enjoy it, as for most who have done the same shit over and over get over it, kotton stopped streaming it, deadly moved on to other games and heck even klean was playing other shit on stream and his apart of the dev team! my point is most people no matter what get over the same shit after playing it for a long time.

a new map is whats going to bring back the original players and it will go off, there will be big fights for sure and im keen as shit for that. grinding another 30-40 levels, not so much. been there done that way too many times now.

11. r8response

r8response Member

He's just a "community manager", nothing to do with development.

Waiting on the wipe atm.

12. roamin

roamin Member

i know exactly what his role is, but his number 1 role is to be playing that game and advertising it, hence nakita is always in his channel talking to the public nearly everyday and using mostly kleans stream to communicate live with his players.

oh and i say dev as his stream says his a dev, you have an issue with him not being a dev and saying that he is then i suggest you take that up with klean, not me.

if you didnt get the point of what i was saying in my previous post then i think forums are not your thing.

13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

If you come across a player called "Pink"... thats ma boy! Hes also moderator on the Tarkov thread on Reddit and streams sometimes too.

14. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Spot the Proud dad :D hehe.

15. r8response

r8response Member

I "get" your post. I'm simply pointing out that your statement of him being a dev is incorrect, Klean is a Community Representitive with close ties to the actual developers (Namely Nikita, head honcho of BSG).

No need to get all pissy and defensive about it.

Azer1234 likes this.
  16. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Wipe on Thursday

17. roamin

roamin Member

whats his admin name on reddit? good to see some more aussies involved in the game.

this is tarkov, the wipe will happen when the wipe happens. i believe nothing.
    feb 02 this was posted

https://imgur.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/OHyqU09

every single time they wipe theres long delays. ive gone through a few wipes now. none were on time, shoreline was a good example of it too. fingers crossed its thursday.

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

How's the netcode?

19. roamin

roamin Member

fine, you shoot, they die. not sure why people keep asking about netcode.

the online aspect is perfectly fine, if the game interests you then get it, id have over 1000 hours into it. if the lag and netcode was shit i would not put that much time into the game.

been playing this for a long time now. was major issues back at launch as there were no aussie servers but since they got servers over here theres been very little issues with lag and so on.

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

See how terrible it is before just brushing it aside. It's definitely not fine!

see 6:00.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    r8response likes this.