Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i played as a skav once, haven't touched it lately.

I believe scavs are either bots that you can send out to gather loot or you can play as a scav yourself and gather loot yourself.

http://eft.wikia.com/wiki/Scavs

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

As mentioned they are AI. I suggest watching my mate play on twitch and following/jumping on discord he will show you ropes. He plays pretty much every night: https://www.twitch.tv/slushpuppy

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

do you play it walker? i feel that the performance is a bit sluggish for my liking.

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

That can't be right as I just got nailed and as sure as hell it wasnt AI... unless AI have twitch accounts?

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Players can control SCAVS too but i think AI scavs more common

Na havent bothered

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

On my Ryzen 5 1600 / GTX 1080Ti it runs like crap.. between 40 - 75 fps..graphics are "blurry" and there is a constant 2 - 3 second stutter every few minutes.

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yep, getting that too. feels very sluggish to me.

8. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

I haven't heard of any issues with blurry graphics. I turn off as much post processing as possible in all games though (never use fxaa for the sake of your eyes!)... but the big stutters are caused by scav spawns afaik.

BSG's handling of the whole strength training issues has really put me off for a while tbh. Exactly wrong in every possible way.

9. r8response

r8response Member

I think the response is perfect.

People abused macros to overload on gear, find a quiet spot and jumped up and down until they extracted. So you had people running across the zones at supersonic speeds. Now everyone is on a level foot.

10. roamin

roamin Member

Lol the game is not friendly to any mild fps player. You may think your good then you play this and its hardcore and brutal. Separates the kids from the men this one! Gets your heart racing like no other fps can. Then again no game rewards you anywhere near as much as this does too. No better feeling then wiping a squad and taking there loot back to your stash.

Scavs are AI
    Pmc are BEAR or USEC. You chose to be one when you first logged into the game.

Pmc are players. Scavs are AI.

If you kill a bear or usec it will say bear or usec at that screen. If you don't take other player's dog tags you killed you will just have ?? Instead of details like what level and so on. Have any questions your welcome to hit me up.

11. roamin

roamin Member

I just followed him last night. He knows how to play too and I like it. Good to see more aussies into it. Oh and his favourite word is also the same as mine it seems! Seems like a good bloke!

Blurry is because you have blur on. Tarkov is one of the most amazing games graphically I have ever seen. You need to sort out your settings. Do some reading but please ffs turn off blur. Amazes me when people complain about blur in this game. Look at your setting man it's all in there. Oh turn noise off too. Turn it all off. Turn up sharpen to 0.8 textures and shit to max. Try that and let me know.

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. r8response

r8response Member

Some can be players. But (player SCAVS) tend to "spawn" in after 5-10 minutes of the raid commencing.

13. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Except that:
    1) They barely nerfed the over-all power of strength. They nerfed it by 25%, it should have been at least 75% nerf, with a slight increase to base movespeed to compensate.
    2) They didn't reset strength, so all those that scripted it in the first week, get to keep it. while everyone else barely has any way to level it naturally.

Strength and endurance are still FAR more impactful than every other soft skill combined. That is a stupid situation to be in.

14. r8response

r8response Member

They did reset it for everyone!

15. roamin

roamin Member

yes i realise that, just keeping it simple for the noobs, game can be very confusing at the start.

back up to level 24, mate is at 31 now too. 4th wipe i have dealt with and must say this patch is the best one they have dropped. just need to fix the stuttering.

16. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Oh thank fuck. Looks like my info was outdated already by the time I posted, glad to see they came to their senses. At least partially anyway; strength is still at least 3 times stronger than it should be.

17. sugaris

sugaris Member

Anyone here been killed by Hansblix? that's me btw... enjoy the death and add me if you're keen to team up.

18. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

My sons name in game is "Pink" and he is currently at level 23.

19. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

25% off on May 9th if anyone wants to upgrade their version or invite more noobs into the meat grinder

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Of course it is, I just bought it. Any other games people want me to buy so it goes on special a week later?