1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape from Tarkov - new realistic shooter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Foliage, Mar 3, 2016.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Really really enjoying this game. Tough as single player though but when the mates do get on, it gets insanely intense. Weapon modification is pretty cool and I like that there is sort of story based missions in the MP world. Looking forward to when they join the maps too.

I will say that buying PUBG and refunding after just 2 hours, I was worried it might be in same boat however this game shits all over it. Its like a casual dayz on steriods. You can jump straight into the action without fucking playing a running simulation for hours just to find a gun with 3 other types of ammo that wont fit the damn thing. You can risk just the gear that you feel comfortable risking.

My only issue is I do get sometimes get annoying micro freezing/stuttering which happens at the most inconvenient times like when trying to shoot a running target but other than that, a big thumbs up.

2. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Just read that the shooter involved in the latest school shooting in Texas was talking about playing Escape From Tarkov the day before the shooting.

I guess some people cant distinguish between games and reality.

3. Bradzac

Bradzac Member

What a stupid thing to say.

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  4. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  5. Bradzac

Bradzac Member

Keep waiting. I refer you to Brandolini's law.

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Sorry...I am merely stating what is reported (which is entirely plausible) yet you can not state which part of the report or my statement you assume is stupid. Stupid is not being able to back up your statement with a rebuttal.

For those who don't want to read the entire article...

"Student Michael Farina said he had known the alleged gunman since fifth grade and considered him a friend. He recalled Pagourtzis talked about buying a gun "when I grow up," but never discussed his dad's guns or anything about his family.

Farina said he and Pagourtzis also talked a lot about video games they liked, including so-called first-person shooter games. They'd talked about one, "Escape from Tarkov," as recently as lunch on the day before the shooting, he said."

So me reporting on what was said is a "stupid thing to say"?

7. recoN

recoN Member

It is a stupid thing to say, because the insinuation is that it had anything to do as a motive. You know it doesn't and you're posting the bait anyway. This argument died years ago because it's a scapegoat and you are well of aware of it.

chewbacca likes this.
  8. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Where..in ANYTHING that i said did I say that his playing the game had anything to do with the reason for the shooting?
    I was merely pointing out that "Escape From Tarkov" was a game that he played..nowhere did I mention that this was the reason for his shooting spree. NO INSINUATION OF MOTIVE THERE AT ALL. Just stating the fact that he played the game and mentioned it to a friend. No bait intended just the fact that he mentioned playing the game...as do several of us here and thought it worth mentioning. So step down off that tall pony and chill.

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Seems like you need to do some English skills training because you very clearly said

10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

If i thought for one second that video games make people go out and commit mass murder then all of my 4 boys and 1 girl would not be playing Tarkov, Squad, Fortnight, PUBG.

And you forgot to end your sentence with a full stop.

11. roamin

roamin Member

you hit the nail on the head, me and my mates who play it were right into arma, i have over 4000 hours in arma 2 and 3, the running simulator was real.

this game is just insane though, the firefights are so intense. im level 34 and my mate is 42, another at 33, 2 others in high 20's. we play it a lot. fantastic game. from hatchet runs to full forte and fast mt with a rsass or m4 the games insane.

12. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So I am lvl 10 now and starting to turn the advantage in my favour due to knowing the maps better and having better protective gear. Went on a four person team killing streak a few nights ago and was close to one of the most intense firefights in my gaming history (second only to my 8v1 dayz NW airport firefight). I can't believe how much fun this game. I was running a horrible KDR for the first 5 or so lvl's but have double that in the last week. Can't wait till I can buy IFAK's which will increase survival even more.

Now that I am more capable and confident anyone wants to team up, let me know.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  13. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

What's your Tarkov player name? I'm keen to squad up.

14. roamin

roamin Member

just go to shoreline and loot the resort as much as posibble, east wind floor 1 has heaps of med bags and theres usually plenty of ifaks and salewas around. i use salewa in my chest rig and ifak in my gamma, 1 ifak 1 morphine as backup in gamma and a docs case in my gamma. i finally hit level 37 last night, my mate is at 44. starting to get over it again now, might be time we created our own wipe and we go back to level 1.

15. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

NexVentor mate

Ahhh good info cheers. I got one shot'ed on that map last night had no idea where the fuck it came from lol, wasnt fucking happy.

Have you seen the hardcore series that Deadlyslob is doing? Would that maybe increase the challenge while you wait for a wipe/more content?

16. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

Cool, will add you on weekend. I am "Ironman140"

17. chewbacca

chewbacca Member

I don't see a Tarkov voice channel in the OCAU Discord. Where do people here usually squad up?

Feel free to add me ingame I'm salty_wookie or discord Chooowie#6343.

I've only had the game a little over a week so still a newbie.

18. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

Oceana discord is a decent place to start.

https://discord.gg/58W39t5

Have had the game since August but not playing much anymore. Great game just gonna give it some time to mature

What ive found is that u get the most out of it if u find a group of mates to play with exclusively. Identifying friendly players is very hard atm so if you play with the same guys all the time then you get to know their play style and you form set of rules to play by. Its much harder to level up/make money if you go solo or play with different players all the time.

Also a minor patch dropped today, supposedly fixes gun glitching and theyve updated the anti cheat.

19. r8response

r8response Member

Some good quality of life changes as well. Namely removing the timer from Tasks like "The Punisher Pt.6"

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

thank fuck for that. I hated the timer. Could of been alright if they warned you though but the not knowing was BS.