Ethereum mining rig suggestions

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by tarkadahl, Nov 10, 2020.

1. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Whattomine says your two GPUs will mine 74 RVN per day vs 0.0019 eth per day. To reach a minimum 0.05 eth payout would take you about 4 weeks to get a return (albeit about aud270), vs $315 in RVN in 4 weeks. Nicehash also reports about $300 earning in 28 days.

Sorry if you know all that stuff already.

:)

2. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

Current you should use nicehash. You will get regular payouts but can mine different algorithms etc and you only to worry about a single wallet.

I recommend using trex and not the NiceHash software.

good video here on setting it up with dual mining

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. lxboston

lxboston Member

What MH you getting on your 3070ti’s? Im using coinspot as my wallet with no issues but only get payouts once a month at .2 eth with nanopool.

4. Luke212

Luke212 Member

Ergo is half as profitable as eth so dual mining ain’t really 100% it’s more like 75%

5. PiNoY

PiNoY Member

he can just use ethermine pool and take min payout of 0.005 to the polygon network

6. Current

Current Member

Thanks, i am using T-Rex with 2miners pool - asia server for ravencoin and the PC windows Wallet. I can see the transactions every 4 hours which is comforting.

So when i try eth
    I set things up and i'm not sure if its working because i don't see anything going into the wallet after a long period of time. and i dont want to have it mine for a week burning the electricity and have nothing to show for it ? if that makes sense, i like to know it's working by seeing a result.

I saw a video where you mine etherium but get paid in bitcoin with t-rex on 2miners ?

i think this is it
    https://2miners.com/blog/how-to-get-payouts-for-ethereum-mining-without-fees/

I would like to use less power and not heat up my bedroom as much. I live in a shoebox while im at uni and counting every penny so to speak.

7. Current

Current Member

not sure what polygon network is.

8. Current

Current Member

So i'm better off staying with raven ? I am paying full electricity price, no solar panels ect:

9. illdrift

illdrift Member

PiNoY likes this.
  10. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

You need to take into account that RVN will draw more power, and you need to keep plenty PSU capacity in reserve. Power spike will trip your PSU and shut down your rigs.

11. Current

Current Member

850W PSU. Drawing about 440W from the cards, + a bit more for the cpu and rest of the pc. So i think i'm okay for the most part.

12. Soarer GT

Soarer GT Member

Hey mate. Just a heads up. The LHR cards use a fair chunk of CPU to unlock... in my testing in the workshop, if you hit 100% CPU then you hit a GPU lock on one of the cards.

So I'm running one of the BTC250C boards Aussie listed before and LHR would always kick in within a minute until it drops to LHR Level 0 or even -1 but my Dell Optiplex 9010 i5's never had an issue. I swapped out the Celeron G3900 to an i5 6500 I had spare on the B250C board and .... whammo. No more LHR kicks. Stays fairly solid at LHR 4.

I've got generic tune in (+1300 memory) for stability testing but yeah... If you're doing LHR. Get minimum i5. The CPU makes a difference. (Also lucky I have spare CPU's lying around)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to mine on LHR cards. Needless to say, stay away from all those BTC boards with built in CPU

Peace Out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  13. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

PM me your full eth bat file and I will help you find it on the pool

14. r3s

r3s Member

Like it has been explained previously, search your ETH address on the pool u are using, this will show u your stats and eaenings, they just dont go to your wallet til u hit minimum payouts......

P.S , if your after a get rich quick scheme mining isnt for you.

Soarer GT and PiNoY like this.
  15. FarQ

FarQ Member

Current use a NANO address on 2miners pool.. mine ETH and get paid daily in NANO fee free
    flexpool allows you to lower the payout limit, but then your payout gets hit with a larger percentage of transfer fees eg: 0.1ETH has about 2% t/f fee, 0.01ETH has about 21% t/f fee
    Binance ETH Pool also pays daily into a binance pool wallet address
    ... otherwise you have to hit the minimum payout limit on other pools as already stated

https://imgur.com/a/YAAs1Ph

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  16. Current

Current Member

looks like a good idea.

I don't have a nano wallet though.

this was on the nano website for a wallet

https://www.exodus.com/download/

any reccomendations ? i do prefer a desktop wallet or a wallet from coinspot :)

17. FarQ

FarQ Member

i use binance as my exchange as the buy/sell trades are within a few dollars of each other, unlike others...
    on binance you just select the crypto you want to deposit and generate an address for it.... maybe coinspot is the same?

18. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

I use Jaxx librety, it used to hold my Zec. Now it hold what ever amount of Bitcoin I have left, bit core need to sync and need heaps of HD space.

19. Hi-tek

Hi-tek Member

Anyone mine with a H81m mobo? If so, how many GPUs are you running off it?

20. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Good stuff, how is that board going? How long has it been up? Any hickups?

I often wonder if a mid range cpu might be better than a low end one, but I guess that can only work if the Celeron or Pentium is struggling.

:)