EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. jebz

jebz Member

Yep. It was what I meant.

2. gumble85

gumble85 Member

That is why i love nullsec. LOL. None of this hulkageddon bullshite. Mwhahahahahaha. :p

3. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

lol..i'm wouldnt be to worried about hulkageddon, if i knew i wouldnt get podded. Losing a 100mil ship is nothing...its losing a 100mil ship and 600mil worth of implants :p. Though...i should still have a go..my mackinaw can tank 2 SBing BSes in a 0.6 system b4 they get concorded...problay wont handle a third though...not sure about a thrasher alpha either...problay tank 7 of them..anymore and it could be bad.

Ah..i finally matched you up in hardware gumble...eve doesn't mind these i7 quads and 5870 cards :)...even SLi 260s in my other machine..eve seems much smoother.

4. Punster

Punster Member

Typically I leave AUS Corp for the safety of high sec to mine and they go and do this stupid thing lol!

5. ZeonX

ZeonX Member

I just got my sec status up damn it.... I'm off overseas anyway for holidays next week so depends how long it runs for to if I can participate or not.

6. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Could a flashy person in a tempest with interia stabs and crap escape from concord/navy from a hisec gate?? I've seen ravens do it in jita..so i presum a tempest can to :confused:

7. gumble85

gumble85 Member

LOL. For the time being yes you have, but my new system is due by the end of next week hopefully. A mate wants my i7-860 cpu, mb and ram for his gf gaming rig and i just got 1 grand from my insurance company and $400 from centrelink as a pensioner payment advance and went out and ordered a i7-930 (truely wanted a 980x or 960 at least, but could not afford it atm), GA-X58A-UDR3 (i wanted the UD5, but needed to replace my tower case with a mid tower) and 6GB of Tri-Channel 12800 DDR3 (also wanting 12GB of it eventually) and grabbed myself a CM HAF 922 case plus 2 extra red fans (1x 140mm and 1x 200mm), plus a CoolerMaster 4-in-3 Device Module - Convert 3 x 5.25” bays into a 4 ×3.5” HDD module complete with a silent 120mm blue LED fan. Plus the sale of my system will grant me $700-$750 (discounted for good friends) and tossing up whether to get another 6GB kit of ram or another 5870 and psu. :p

As mentioned above. You have caught up for now my padwan, but for how long is another story. ;) :thumbup: :wired: :Paranoid: :)

8. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

rofl...too bad i7 860 is better then a 930. Too much money and too much heat/power on the i7/X58 combos..main reason i never went them..and the only reason anyone should get one is to either SLi or crossfire (for the extra 16x lane)...thats it.

If you getting extra cash...get the psu and extra 5870 for sure mate :thumbup:

9. gumble85

gumble85 Member

That maybe true, but like i mentioned. I actually wanted the 980x mostly, then tried to settle for the 960 and then realized i still could not afford that. So 930 it was. Ah well. Nuthin much i can do atm.

I noticed my new mb has twin PCIE 16x lanes and twin PCIE 8x lanes plus a 1x PCIE lane and standard PCI lane. So it is certainly something to consider. :) I don't think an 850W Corsair Modular PSU can handle 6 hd's, blue-ray combo drive, g19, razer deathadder, plus twin 5870's. :p

10. flinchy

flinchy Member

haha, nah that PSU would be fine for it :p

just OC the 930 and you wont notice the difference, my 920 is happily sitting on 4.2ghz.
    need another 5770 now though :(

11. frostee

frostee Member

Man I love the community on Eve. Just messaged a guy and now we are mining with one another just casually chatting while he fills up my cargo. :D

12. Hamba

Hamba Member

Thats some serious horsepower there gumble!

I have a q9450 @ 3.2ghz 5850 OC'ed and that takes everything I can throw at it, 6 Eve clients with no dramas, BFBC2 with all the bling on etc I die lots lol k/d ratio but its heaps of fun.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  13. frostee

frostee Member

Why do you run 6 Eve clients?

14. gumble85

gumble85 Member

The funny thing is mate. Everything maxed on every game i play even just cause 2. I hit the optimal defaults for my system button and it maxed everything and it handles it like a dream in JC2. Now i eagerly await Mafia II pc game. Now that SOB will test my machine like no other game atm. Well until crysis 2 comes out anyway. :)

Speaking of BFBC2. Here's my stats. :) My BFBC2 stats

15. Hamba

Hamba Member

Only time I do is for titan freighter/logistic opps.

Most I would run normally would be 3 for grinding isk (tank/logi/dps).

When im out shooting stuff usually just 2, any more than that gets to hard to micro manage for myself in gangs / fleets.

And nice BC stats gumble

16. frostee

frostee Member

I'm mining better now. I have a giant secure container and a hauler. Anyone care to donate me an Osprey or the 2.5mil it'll cost for one? Pretty please :) My character is Zeo Salis

17. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Fail..:p

Dude..thats the same PSU i got and it will run all that no problem. 5870s dont chew "that" much power...if you had the NV 470s/480..then a new psu may be in order.

18. jebz

jebz Member

Here's mine.

Sad thing is I'm running out of guns to use. Working through the Aug now and really do not like the F2000. Then there is MG36 and MG3 (ugh) before I have to resort to shotguns.

It's the video cards you have to worry about. The hdds, blue ray and usb are a pittance tbh. And you should be fine.

19. Kryp

Kryp Member

Van Diemen's Demise [V-D-D]

VDD is an Australian based pvp corporation, started in early 2009. We are not your usual mass recruit corp. Most of us have been playing together before VDD came to EVE, and we look for new members that will fit in with our culture as well

We are a 0.0 based corporation, and part of the sov holding Chaos Theory Alliance in Providence. Surrounded by reds/neuts, we roam regularly... anywhere between 4 times a week to nightly, in the +/- 2-3 hours around downtime

Logistically, we have everything in place to make resupplying yourself in Providence a breeze

We are looking for players of varied PVP experience and skill points. If you show the right attitude, and are willing to learn from our experienced players, we will take in newer players. However we are not interested in people who try for a week and disappear. When VDD recruits, it adds to its core group

We are not just looking for hardcore players. More casual minded players are welcome, as most of us understand real life comes first

Forums: http://www.vandiemensdemise.com
    Killboard: http://www.vandiemensdemise.com/killboard

Requirements/Preferences:

• Australian timezone based (GMT +9/10). Applicants outside this timezone will be judged on a case by case basis
    • 18+ as we are a mature aged corporation
    • Teamspeak3 for pvp ops at bare minimum. Regular use is encouraged outside of pvp as we are always on teamspeak talking shit and having a laugh
    • Experienced players preferred (we will make exceptions for players who demonstrate they will play long term and have the right attitude)
    • A decent sense of humour, otherwise you might not appreciate the "refined" company around you :)
    • Be active on the forum, or at least check regularly, as this is our primary communication method of choice

Applications:

Applications are to submitted at http://www.vandiemensdemise.com

Do not apply ingame until your application is accepted on the forums

For more information, you can contact Kryptyk, Dark Razer or Yam Ling ingame

20. flinchy

flinchy Member

*whistles*

price of P2's has SKYROCKETED. apparently i have over 1bn in p2's alone (well, as far as i remmeber of the amount of stock i had), half of it's no longer worth turning into p3's either... horrible. *checks actual stock levels*.. ED 1050m @ 'buy' prices.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010