EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. jebz

jebz Member

Some classy replies.

2. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

yep...i think they all there :p

3. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

pure gold. im in stitches. that deserves printing and framing

4. flinchy

flinchy Member

i dont get it? i've never had less lag and bugs than this expansion

i haven't even had a socket closed yet!!! (fingers crossed)

no, really, i've never played eve this stable before.

ED: woah woah woah, what's this 18 months business... something to do with WiS ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Clearly you dont do much in eve then..other then sit in station and do invention..:p

Thats what CCP replied to several key questions in the CSM meetings. Basically..til incarna and Dust 514 is done...they wont be doin to "improve" the game for another 18 months. Goin from that thread alone..i'd guess 2 thrids of the eve population think PI was a waste of time and expans relating to that..incarna and the dust 514 snipoff will be a waste of time too. Too much time and manpower are being tired up in these projects..therefore making the main game near unplayable and and for most the sov guys..boring.

Read the latest CSM minutes on the eve forums...CSM brought up nearly every major and most minor issues with the game...CCP either didnt reply or say hardly anything to most of them.

Most of the hardcore players are just riding the rough wave that is tryannis and see if CCP can get there act togethor and fix the game..i believe if CCP cant start fixing shit in Incarna and/or make either Incarna or the next expansion the next apocrophya...alot will leave the game i reckon, well atleast cancel their subs and wait til the game is fixed.

6. Kryp

Kryp Member

old provi != new provi

the pvp dynamics are waaaaay different now that CVA and friends arent the holders

atm, the region is blued up for the CVA/hydra threat, but soon we'll go back to normal (which is everyone reset each other)

VDD typically run 10-15 man gangs and have regular engagements against similar sized gangs from C02, CVA, BDEAL, Agony, AAA/En Garge/AAA C, Hydra + more roaming gangs

as the area isnt owned by one gigantic group (CVA + friends), there is no 30 man gate camp blobs in aussie time zone. most you'll see rarely is 20-25, but we just grab some logistics and go balls deep into their gang :Pirate:

outside of that, due to the small number of blues, you can roam 5 man or smaller gangs looking for hit and run kills etc

so yea, new provi is nothing like the old provi. we used to have similar experiences as you guys when we would roam provi back in the day. now that we live in there, its completely different

dunno, out of everywhere we've tried over the last couple years, nothing has been as sweet as this for our timezone. we did high sec (good luck finding someone to fight in our tz), did low sec (gets old after a while), did FW (fun sometimes but blobby/disorganised), roamed 0.0 (hard as a small corp)

anyway, good luck in watever you guys choose to do

7. flinchy

flinchy Member

fair enough

and no, i don't do 0.0 stuff, but i visit pretty much every hub regularly, pve stuff

8. Hamba

Hamba Member

The solo play aspect of eve you probably wont notice (also the most boring), soon as you play with 5+ or more people server literally cannot handle it lately.

In a 5 Man roaming gang last night lagging to hell, traffic control, and e-warping is pretty bullshit.

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

i've had a 10man roaming through lowsec with the corp, no issues there either? :/

10. ravencs

ravencs Member

Bah just started playing, where are the OCAU corps at? i'm an unhappy caldari miner... my frigates all got blown up :(
    Raven 082 in game

11. gumble85

gumble85 Member

There is no OCAU corps as such there is an OCAU channel you can join and chat with some of us and get advice on ship setups and ship ideas, etc and general advice. :)

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

fff**********cking hate eve's economy
    2 days ago, 400m isk input, 600m isk expected output

today:
    output material price nigh on halved, input material price close to doubled

and just as i reset all my planets to start producing it

time to go stop them before i lose hundred of millions..

doesn't even make sense... why would anyone sell the items at a loss... guess i'll wat a few more days to see what the hell moon logic they're using.

so it's become 700m input, <~400m output

13. ZeonX

ZeonX Member

Its true but there will be a delay in the conversion so you'd be stupid to sell the output that low instead of putting it up higher or even waiting for the products to raise.

There will always be stupid people who would sell regardless if they're loosing isk or not but I think most would have a rough idea.

Also have the inputs gone up because of what looks to be demand or just someone manipulating the pricing. From there that can mean you can decide what the best action is for what you've got.

I've done some bad market stuff and generally either I go stuff it i want my liquid i'll suck up the loss or hold out for pricing to be back where i want it to be.

14. Shado

Shado Member

/me is not leaving or cancelling sub, but then I'm not really playing either, and if you couldn't pay for subs in isk (or if you could legitimately sell isk), then I'd be gone already anyway.

15. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

yep, i agree..one of the few things that puts eve above some of the other mmo such as wow, etc..you can pay subs by in game money. That will be the only reason alot of ppl accounts are still running.

16. jebz

jebz Member

Read some comments that they're changing some of the extraction values for some materials for PI. Anyone keeping a closer eye on this than I and know more?

I'm curious, tempted to get into PI on an alt just to try things, but it's hard enough to find a decent guide let alone a planet in high sec so far.

17. Evil ZeR0

Evil ZeR0 Member

there's no rules against buying time codes with isk then reselling the time codes for real money.

18. Evil ZeR0

Evil ZeR0 Member

running sanctums in a capital ship ftw :p

19. flinchy

flinchy Member

pretty sure there are, and that people have been permabanned for it.

should be, as it's the same idea as rmt for isk.

20. ZeonX

ZeonX Member

They changed the way you transfer timecodes to stop this stuff. It can still happen but you can be banned for not transferring timecodes using the authorised methods.

There were a few people who would buy HEAPS of timecodes and resell them (for isk) or sell them on non-approved sites as GTC's.
    The reselling for isk can still be code if most people are using plex. There still is the forum for people to buy/sell gtc's s but you need to use the CCP transfer system to be safe from scamming.