1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. LlamaOfDoom!!!

LlamaOfDoom!!! Member

You're a nub. :)

If you offer more for a purchase order than an existing sell order, that sell order instantly sells to your buy, at the price you offer to purchase for.

CONSPIRACY! BOTS!11!

2. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Well I am not sure how to take your post llama. I posted high as a mistake. I just find it unlikley that my full order would fill in 60 seconds (its possible I suppose)

3. ewok85

ewok85 Member

He's right you know - if your buy order is more than an existing sell order, your buy order will fill (at the buy order price!)

I've made 100mil because someone added too many zeros to their buy order and bought an item I had on sale.

Anywho, tradebots are out there...

I've been toying with dumping market details to file, using excel to sort it out and compare prices to say eve-central, work out the value of an item and then make a quick summary of it (value, profit, blah blah).

Huge pain in the arse, and it wouldn't surprise me if other people have perfected it, coded it up and made their own tools so all they have to do is like in the video - lots and lots of order placing, updating, etc.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  4. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Wow... did you even read what he said? I don't even play Eve and I understood it.

Your order won't just fill in under 60seconds. It will fill INSTANTLY. The instant you post a buy order, at a higher price than a currently available sell order, it will be resolved instantly, at the price you offered in your buy.

5. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Wow...

I stand well and truely corrected, thanks for pointing that out.

Well bugger me with a breadstick, there is always something new to learn.

6. Drunkmunky

Drunkmunky Member

Why is it so hard to find PVP when you're looking for it but so hard to avoid PVP when you're not looking for it -_-

7. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Learning Skills

So..has anyone worked out how they actually implent this and how will it effect remaps. Basically will it be better to remap now or it wont matter when they do it. Atm one of my toons have a very good int/me base, but crappy will/per. Now i've been training int/mem skill for a long time and near ready to do a remap per/will. Now if they bring in the additional 12 points on top of your orginal bases points..for in my case per is only at 3....that will go up to 15.

Now can i still remap this up 32/33 with +5 or am i going to be "stuck" at 15 bases points plus implants making my total only 20...therefore making my big long wait to get all my int/mem max wasted as i then have to wait a couple of decades still to fly any decent ships and use different guns :wired:. If this is the case..i'll problay remap all my toons before it comes out.

Is it still on the test server?..as i know they did a learning SP test the other day.

8. Siggi

Siggi Member

Ha. hahaha
    I was looking at donating to somebody, but paypal cancelled their account so they only have bank deposit now. They are in iceland, so I was checkign the exchange rate at xe.
    Turns out the financial code of the krona, like ours is AUD and us is USD, is the ISK.
    I just thought they made it up, because it sounded cool and futuristic.

9. Drunkmunky

Drunkmunky Member

OK this is how it breaks down:
    they are putting a flat 12 points into the base for each attribute, you will still have 7 remapable points. So the remap will effectively be just as useful as before, the only thing that is changing is that there won't be any learning skills so everyone will train at the same rates as if they had full learning skills. The only thing that will affect this will be your racial attributes, where you put those 7 points and implants.

10. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Cool....yer went for a little search through the eve forums and can confirm. Too bad that because they are taking that "learning" skill away even if you have max attibutes in 2 areas and training a skill optimised for those attribute you will be losing SP/hour after the patch to what you had before the patch. Its only like 70 SP a hour..but still.

11. Juggs

Juggs Member

amazing how much volue pases through jita

i sold 5 billion units of trit a little while ago and it wasnt even a blip on the radar

mass cap fights been a bit light on of late so i decided to sell as i got bored

watch it now 400 dreads will die in some nc stomp fest

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

70? doesn't this put the max at like, 20/20?

i'm 32/20 atm (per/will), way more than 70/hour...

13. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

No..atm with a maxed remap you can get 33/26 on 2 attributes..with that on a optimised skill that is 2772 SP/Hr..that what is it currently. After the patch that same thing will only be 2700 SP/hr

14. jebz

jebz Member

So my trainee carrier pilot has now finished Fighters 5 and almost completed Fighter Bombers 5 too.

It's a shame that I've put a cancel subscription on his account.

If only I could trust you with my Nyx BPO.

15. Juggs

Juggs Member

i just been wasting my isk buying plexs and hiring mercs to war dec people that have anoyed me

20bil gone this month

16. SpammT

SpammT Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering how active everyone still is.

Reactivated with 5 free days to check out the new expansion and spend my refunded learning SP. Worth renewing my subscription?

17. flinchy

flinchy Member

mmm tempting

that's like 3mil sp in learning for me...

18. disguisey

disguisey Member

im playing bits of it, the 17 jumps form mining and mission running is sorta getting repetive.

Mining in inari due to the corp prices are really good, but need to finish the ac quest but yeh to many jumps for me to be bothered and manual jump

19. SpammT

SpammT Member

Yeah I will need to find a new corp and work out what im doing if I renew... used my learning skills to take my cruiser level 5 down to 4 days remaining.

I have 11.5m SP mostly in gunnery, navigation, drones and gallente ships but I haven't done much pvp or grind much money :(

20. Juggs

Juggs Member

id say no but i havnt found a game to fill the void

when my wallet hits 0 its lights out here