EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

2. flinchy

flinchy Member

they never owned space when i was a member

they were BoB pets at the time

then living in lowsec a while.

but yes

almost entirely aussie and NZ, with a smattering of UK and other.

3. jebz

jebz Member

You also have quite a few in Grey Nomads & Brick Squad, many being toggers too.

Is it actually any fun?

What type of contracts do you get? I used to see NOIR every now again in 0.0 but never really kept tabs on everyone and thought they got painful high sec contracts a lot of the time.

I remember high sec wars, god that was boring.

4. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Sometimes..you will alway get that occasional "boring contract" but it ok. 0.0 contracts are good though. Atm..i've barely logged in as they had a hisec wardec...which was boring for me as the targets were in the wrong TZ, and then we went to a WH POS bash contract that lasted for several weeks..which to many of the guys enjoyed and hated at the same time, but as for myself...i dont do WHs..so i didnt even log in for it.

NOIR is good...contract wise..we mainly get 0.0 ones, but we get all sorts and if they pay alot...we will do anything..hi/low or 0.0/WH. As for the people behind NOIR...Alek (the boss) runs the show and does all the "paperwork" you can say which is nice..but yer....like every allaince (i've been in anyway) the guys you fly with are fun and fine and you get along with them....but the leadership are always..MEH. If you can handle the leadership within NOIR..you will like it. If you cant..will you will be like me and not bother logging in ;).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Eurosnob

Eurosnob Member

ANZAC ALLIANCE is the the largest AU/NZ corp in the game. Everyone else is small beer scrabbling for numbers by comparison.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/ANZAC_ALLIANCE

Numbers are down after a regular purge of inactives and alts etc and will slowly climb back to the ~800 mark and then be purged again and so on..

Don't expect to see anything positive written about ANZA here though and especialy expect the "BoB Pets" thing to be thrown around a lot. As you get more experience with the meta game of EVE you'll come to realise what people are actually saying when they carry on with that stuff.

6. Kryp

Kryp Member

VDD probably one of the bigger aussie small corps. We dont find the stuff ANZAC does to be interesting at all... Gave it a crack as part of CO2 in the Impass wars but never again...

These days we stick to smaller alliances. We do a lot of 20 vs everyone in the north. Its great fun and pulling stuff off as a small group is much more satisfying to us

We've built a solid crew over a couple years and keep recruitment pretty tight these days

http://www.vandiemensdemise.com

7. disguisey

disguisey Member

downloading the updates at 1000KBPS speed :D where usually my plan only lets me max dl at 600KBPS

8. Eurosnob

Eurosnob Member

Huh? ANZA does everything (except piracy and scamming). From fresh out of n00b school training through to 0.0 sov blobs (well, perhaps not that for a month or two..)

It looks like people don't realise that ANZA has two divisions, Empire and 0.0,

Empire is the do what you want when you want division, PVE, PVP, ship spinning - whatever floats your boat, go for it.

0.0 is, well, 0.0, with all the good and bad that that entails.

Also, friendly bump for the demised tassies. :)

9. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

So I have an alt in a corp - it was never my intent to tip them off but I've started to think it could be fun... CEO is ultra douche.

I joined the corp on the prodding from a friend who was already a member and I was invited to live in their WH for a while (I'd never done this before and had NFI about hos to interact with a POS). They gave me a role to alow me to online modules for hangar access and apparently the same role allows me to fuel the POS... or take fuel out.

Purley out of interest yesterday I wrote in highsec local about finding out what corp roles a player has - within a minute I was convo'd by a guy who apparently does alot of corp scam and theft. He suggested if I wanted to have some fun I could remove the fuel and stront from the POS and that would force the shield to drop - allowing him to explode the loot pinata and make off with stuff.

So, Eve OCAU community - is there anyway we could make this even bigger ?

Questions:

1 - Is there an audit of someone with Starbase Technician adding/removing fuel from a pos ?
    2 - Is there audit of a pos being unanchored ?

10. timsarg

timsarg Member

i do , it just doesn't interest me .

11. flinchy

flinchy Member

so i'm interested in participating in an 'incursion

however ,why is there only incursions deep in 0.0 space??

this only a feature for the 0.0 corps?

12. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

patience my young apprentice....an incursion will show back up at a hi sec system eventually. Just remember the hi sec one get smashed with 36-48hr so you must be quick.

13. LlamaOfDoom!!!

LlamaOfDoom!!! Member

Corp thieves are scum.
    I will not aid you in this affair.

14. flinchy

flinchy Member

neh don't bother

easy 4-5man is 50k isk and 50lp?

then medium is barely more than that and it's 5-10 man?

pass on incursions....
    |______________________________| risk
    |_| reward
    |_______| time
    level 4 missions
    |_| risk
    |______________________________________________| reward
    |_| time

ED: didn't realise how much deadspace x-large shield boosters actually cost, going to have to cheap out and get the gist c-type :(

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  15. Eurosnob

Eurosnob Member

Incusion in RAVIN constellation atm Flinchey. You may remember that area from your days of losing Harbingers. :)

(Losec area that ANZA empire bases out of for everyone else)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  16. Eurosnob

Eurosnob Member

So just out of idle curiosity, what does interest you? In EVE I mean, not ANZA - hatersgonnahate etc...

17. Giscinc

Giscinc Member

Kryp - You guys live in Geminate right? u guys own any stations or?

18. Kryp

Kryp Member

we actually live in venal. on road trip to geminate atm for some fun times

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  19. Kryp

Kryp Member

the styles in 0.0 vary greatly. ANZA and the big alliance blob stuff is completely different to small gang roaming 0.0

we did what ANZA does when we were in impass and found it dull. the epic fights are great to read about but are not very fun to be a part of

each to their own... gotta experience the various styles to realise what you like. for us we like our 20 man gangs fighting outnumbered and winning. we run in small alliances and keep very little blues around us these days

its not a hate bob blah blah hate this hate that thing...

20. timsarg

timsarg Member

small gang enjoyable pvp , not gay blobs that just lag out .

running t3 and exxy gangs and coming out ontop after being attempted to be blobbed 3:1 by morsus .

Thats the sort of stuff i love . I never said i hated anza, just what you guys do doesn't float my boat .

owning sov is shit , living in npc 0.0 and not having to worry about defending stations is win . Being able to roam wherever we want and fight who we want is even better