EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. ORiGINAL

ORiGINAL Member

Can I have your stuff?

2. flinchy

flinchy Member

just made 3 trials, start of a mining fleet (assuming i enjoy it), 2 hulks and an orca in training (Y)

should be able to get them all into their respective ships in under 2 months with optimal implants (all 4's) and skills (both remaps) :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

You can always sell the toons if you don't enjoy it.

I'm part of the Intaki Army - I was talking to someone the other day about the amount of Gal-Intaki toons who started out like 4 years ago or eariler as that race becuase they were supposed to be good industralists.

Orca, Hulk, t2 strips and t2 crystals for all empire ore and I almost never use any of those skills now.... of course they are there now if I ever decide to munch rocks again.

4. flinchy

flinchy Member

true that

will make sure they're properly skilled (processing, V in mining rate skills etc.)

5. solid_snake

solid_snake Member

Hi All,

I recently subbed after playing the trial and enjoying it. my character is an amarr and ive just completed the amarr and caldari tutorial missions, I just wanted to know where to find more agent missions. ive been told to find some sisters of eve agent, should i do this next? how do i find out the 'level' of a particular mission?

Sorry for the noob questions

Edit: Is it worth enlisting at the militia office?

6. Giscinc

Giscinc Member

Again guys, if you Want i can forward you a free 21 day trial.
    if you subscribe to the game, i will pay you 150mil isk for subscribing to help you on ur way.
    please pm me if ur interested.

Sisters of eve is always useful, depending on which corp you join, caldari navy is ALWAYS useful ... jc in jita :)

7. flinchy

flinchy Member

ore processing skills useful?

got them all planned to III to begin with on my orca toon, does the 15% work out to be a large reduction (plus what comes from the refining skill itself)?

8. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Its a nice skill to have, esp refining efficiency up to 5...however remember having standings towards the station you refining at will also help with the tax as well.

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

true

hmm

so what standing =what reduction in wastage?

my main is pretty high standings with most of amarr, which may offset the need to actually get some of the skills up super high.

10. LlamaOfDoom!!!

LlamaOfDoom!!! Member

Standings taxes are calculated separately to refinery losses.
    You need 6.68 standings with corporation OR faction to get zero refinery tax I believe.

11. ewok85

ewok85 Member

I've been having a good ol time. Been trading like a madman and mining/building in my free time during the day. Managed to get a full set of Orca BPOs, and I'll get a Charon set next month :D

Managed most of this by selling off some alts, and I've got a few more chars training now that I can probably sell for 1~2B each to fund something else.

Been out to nullsec to have a poke around. I'd really love to get a 8 mack fleet out there to just sit on the ice belt and suck that thing dry. Could easily make a bil a day if I keep an eye on it, and the PI opportunities mean even more passive income right there.

http://www.bsg-online.com/

Spreadsheets in Space, without the space. Sounds like a step forward to me :thumbup::rolleyes:

12. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

13. flinchy

flinchy Member

ahhh fair enough

so i'm better off having my main get refining up, as it's got 8 something to a couple of corps :), so i already get around the tax bit

or...
    how ong would it take to get standings to 6.68 with my new toon just sitting in fleet mooching rewards (being tha tmy main doesn't need more standing, and i get the money anyway)

14. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

why do this?...who ever is collecting all the ore just get them to trade it to your uber standing/refine toon...let them refine then trade back if nessary. Waste of time training up a toon with standings and refining skills when one of your toons already have the skills.

15. flinchy

flinchy Member

because my uber standing toon is pure combat, has a few manuf skills (related to when rig production was patched up :p)
    i do however have both remaps on that toon, and would be a good opportunity to get other mem/int+ int/mem skills (shield tanking and such)

but no, i do not have a toon with anything past veld processing (i think it has veld processing at least lol)

so i just have to decide which toon gets the skills.... probably end up being my main, getting all the processing skills to 4 will probably take about as much time as getting the other 3 in the ships i want anyway.

16. Eurosnob

Eurosnob Member

Look into Data Centres and COSMOS missions for fast faction standing gains.

Make sure you research them properly before attempting them though. Some of them are once only things.

17. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

I've now got a combat toon on each account (one is just about to get into a Golem!! w00t)

If you have a combat toon on another account with access to L4s, fleet up and run l4's until your other toon has enough rep for perfect refine.

But really... are you going to do enough mining to warrant having a perfect refine ?

----

My Dominix pilot is just about to finish all electronics and all engineering to L4 (L5 for the important ones) - so I guess I'll need to finish off the navigation skills next... I'm just putting off training Gal BS 5 :-(

18. Howard

Howard Member

justing finnish off the last of my tranning in covert ops ships.

can any recomend some implants that will help cut down traing times if that possible. or just some good implants in genral. i fly high sec most of the time, so not a huge chance i will loose them.

and it will sound newbish, but using the certifect planner is an awsome help in this game i have found

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  19. jebz

jebz Member

+5s in int, mem, per & will if you have the isk.

20. LlamaOfDoom!!!

LlamaOfDoom!!! Member

If you've been playing a while, you'll tend to find you use your respecs for 12 months of focused training.
    Plan 1 year ahead. Keep in spaceship command/gunnery/missiles OR *other* categories to maximise the effects of your respec.
    Plug in a pair of +4s or +5s to maximise again (perception/willpower for gunnery/spaceship, or int/mem for the other categories probably).

Evemon will let you see the effect on your training plan for differing implants, to see which will give you the greatest effect.