1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

?..an ISP is a ISP..they generally all the same for games..esp mmo like eve. Unless you like goin on ISP servers for other games and getting free d/l content such as telstra/internode,etc, just get whatever ISP suits your needs and budget. Eve only has one (main) server...and that is in london i believe...so it wont really who you go with here.

2. Metora

Metora Member

As above. Its all much of a muchness really, As long as its a ADSL or Cable connection, your set. Most gamers tend to stick to places like Internode, or iiNet because of their Gamer line profile. It only really helps out on local servers though, as the 10-20ms difference isn't noticeable compared to the international ping of 2-300ms.

3. jebz

jebz Member

So what's new in the EVE field everyone?

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

SFA....havent even bothered logging in for the last couple or weeks..only to change skills. I longer have a POS to look after so yer, and the recent constant CCP fukks ups i've had and more fail petitions have led me again to ask myself why i bother resubbing.

5. Metora

Metora Member

Busy playing with the NC everyday. So many stupid people combined with really bad FC's means free kills :)

That, and the NC nicely haven't bothered to touch my Technetium tower. At this rate, ill have an Avatar to add to the legion in a month or two.

6. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

My main is building a Mach as I am growing bored of the Rattlesnake (and cbf training missiles for t2 cruise)

My Golem alt is only lacking another level of Marauder before I am done bothering to train her any more.

So now I am getting stuck into an amarr trade alt and LAZORS.

She is sitting in an abbadon with minimal tank and meta 4 tachyons.. she is pretty low skill so far but its alot of fun bringing her into a mission while my main perma tanks in a dual LAR dominixand medium drones on aggro. The lazors make short work of the Angel and Serp BS... I like the pretty lights.

7. timsarg

timsarg Member

what sort of skills do you have for the mach ? Unless they are fairly well maxed for that ship it will be wasteful using it .

t2 arties ?

etc etc min bs V gal BS IV min

8. timsarg

timsarg Member

new tactic with the nightmares ?

black legion the little homo's came in and looted the field after that fight in d-8

9. Metora

Metora Member

Not really. We've been carrying the Maels with us for a long time and not used them, so the time came for us to divest ourselves of them. Some enterprising derps with too much ISK decided to up the ante and add some Nightmares the the mix to make sure they were laid to rest.

10. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Well I'll have Gal BS V in 6 days and Minnie BS V in about 5 weeks after that.

THEN I can start working on gunnery skills....

Plans may change.... I have 4 Machs now...

Ships on hand.
    5 Dominixs (1 lol-fit for gas mining)
    Rattlesnake
    Demios (almost never used)
    Ishtar (double sentry aug fit, used soemtimes to help an alt or friend mission)
    2 Navy Comets
    1 Firetail
    1 Orca - used to haul, never to support mining
    1 Hulk - lol almost never used
    2 navy vexors
    Misc t1 iterons
    Gal stealth bomber
    Golem
    Drake x 2
    3 ravens (triple rigor x 2, tripple ccc)

In other news, I fitted a Rupture and dropped a can out side of dodixie and got owned by some dude in an amarr cruiser.....

THATS RIGHT, I BORKE MY PVP CHERRY

11. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

For those who love Clear Skies.

Clear Skies 3 is out. Give me a shout and I'm sure I can hunt down the torrent for you. Just watching the final 10 mins of it. Shits on the first 2. It's bloody hilarious!

It's Hot Drop O'CLOCKKK!

12. memnoch

memnoch Member

13. timsarg

timsarg Member

you have 4 machs yet can't fly them ?

If you wanna sell a hull lemme know

trust me you want mini BS V , Gal IV as V only affect falloff . You want to have near perfect nav skills and your gunnery skills near maxed out to make the mach really shine.

14. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

mmm...i reckon he gonna armour tank it :p

15. ewok85

ewok85 Member

I've spent the last month going crazy for work and haven't played EVE at all. Logged in and found all 6 subs were expired (no surprise), and after getting into a new corp, having lots of fun in 0.0 and running multiple subs like there was no tomorrow I just don't have the slightest interest now.

Kinda sad because I had a character trained up to fly carriers, another has perfect Orca/Fleet skills, the three mains have nice combat (perfect laser, and one has perfect missile skills) and my hulk alts now have "perfect" skills.

I just don't feel any interest any more - really Eve only held my interest before because work was slow as hell.

16. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

I'm the same mate...i barely log in for skills anymore. I mite put one of my alt into a different corp for something different, see what happens. CCP shits me to tears too, so that doesnt help either :p

17. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

I made 4 Macs, 3 to sell and one to play with myself. At this stage is purley a hangar ornament because I dont yet have the skills and I got the fst mac BPC at a good price.

I'm not prepared to risk my main in nullsec but I have a new alt that is going to start looking for a home after getting decent skills for minnie frig and cruiser.

I've also got a 10 Hour Hero that I'm going to have lols with.

18. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

:lol::lol::lol:

What do you guys think of the new Captain's Quarters coming soon?

19. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Two words...

MOAR LAGGGGGGGGGGGG :rolleyes:

20. Gua5d1aN

Gua5d1aN Member

so after 2 years of no eve online ><, I've decided to rejoin, starting a new toon, retired my old cap pilot for something smaller haha.

basically looking for aussie eve corp that does pvp mostly, maybe pirating :) haha