1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Sometimes....but not in our TZ :)....the times on that battle report is EU TZ.

Is PL recruiting?....or do you need a mum to join :(. I want to get into eve more, but the game is so fukkin boring atm..even with the crucible expansion. Noone to fight in our TZ...no point any aussies even subscribing, unless they in a sum big allaince and are asked to put towers and such into RF mode only for the rest of the allaince in US/EU to kill it when it comes out in their TZ and get the killmail, OR they do some arvo-nightshift job/on the doll and are awake at those times in the morning :rolleyes:.

I'll probably pay another 6 months, but if nothing majorly happens in that time (fukk all has happened in the last 6 months), i'll seriously have to consider selling some toons and/or close my accounts.

2. ORiGINAL

ORiGINAL Member

Go camp a pipe system, multibox dictor, ecm, dps and you are golden. I haven't docked in a station in months, living in enemy space is fuuuuuuuun. So many tears.

3. boneburner

boneburner Member

edit: ty rusty

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  4. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

email? pm me

5. unmaskedgrunt

unmaskedgrunt Member

6. khing

khing Member

hi, would there be any casual corps around (say a couple of hours a weekend) doing combat stuff in highsec? I might be interested.

7. flinchy

flinchy Member

just resubbed

wow like $12 AUD a month now, i remember when it was like $55 for a 60d!! so good :D

had no idea what i was doing, apart from that i had a few alts running my PI racket (like 4 accounts all producing at the same time lol), and i think i also had them all almost skilled decently for hulk piloting?

and apparently i was training my main (which has 21m sp? i don't remember this either) for tengu piloting, and i'm almost V in everything for it :/ (shield tanking from my nightmare training, heavy missiled and support skills just cos..)

ehh *continues running missions* yeee

i work too much for a hardcore corp, but if i'm still keen in a few weeks, anyone want another warm body (or... cold hull?)

ED: WAIT WAIT.. new battlecruisers? want! gonna buy an oracle for the lulz. pity it has lame hp.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  8. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

[Killers Network] corp is doing level 4's around Amarr Empire. There's only 5 of us active, with a couple of blow ins if you're after super casual. Amarr mainly, 2 of us doing incursions as NM or Logi. Other 2 still skilling up. Can't help you with null sec, the peeps we have are way too green for that yet.

Oracle is PvP iirc, but I've seen a couple successfully used in incursions. 680DPS from the last one I saw. Personally I don't have much time for BCs. I'd rather fly a HAC or a Battleship.

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

heaps keen

i'm a carebear at heart, flying a nm currently. living in mani for the easy +20 4's.

10. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

If you mean +20 agent quality, there is no such thing anymore. Its purley down to the system security status and your social skills (negotiation for extra mission isk, security connections for extra LP).

They also consolidated the divisions (Security, Mining, Distribution, R&D).

The new tier 3 BC's are fun. The tornado is just silly with omfg fantastic alpha. Funnily enough, meta 1,2,3 large arty guns are as low as 1/4th the cost of meta o.

Ganking in the Tornado is easy. Ganking in the Talos has to be up close. I have not tried ganking in the Oracle yet but shield tanked Hulks without a DCU and a Photon hardener should mke nice explosions... Don't ask me about suicide ganking in the Naga because it sucks dick.

They are intended to have think tanks FYI.

---

My main is about to roll 50 million SP and I finally decided to train t2 large lasers. I chose the lasers over projectiles because I hade a machariel and a nightmare with the same fits (meta 4 guns, 3 dmg enchancers) and the nightmare wiped the field with the mach. I'll end up training the mach next.

Hybrids still suck dick.

11. unmaskedgrunt

unmaskedgrunt Member

My main just hit 38 mil SP, and I just transferred a mate's main with 34m sp after he quit. Not sure if i'll make him a backup combat char or a highsec gankie char, or leave him for missions/mining.

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

oh, so you can't have nice safe high quality agents any more? well that ruins the game a whole bunch for me.. i have decent skills though.

13. unmaskedgrunt

unmaskedgrunt Member

All agents are the same quality as the rest in their level now. Not sure if that means the average payout is lower or higher than it was before, I haven't done a mission for a while.

14. flinchy

flinchy Member

not even effected by system level?

15. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Yeah it is. I noticed level 4s are about 5-10% mission reward difference between an agent from a level 1.0 system and a 0.9 one. I would presume that bounties would scale too. I found that out the hard way after pissing off too many agents by declining their shitty missions. :(

16. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

System security does affect mission, payout, bonus payout and LP.

If I spent 2 hours doing missions in 0.5, my wallet looks much better than if I spent time in a 0.9

----

I now have 36 level 4 research agents.... with another 10 on the way in about 2 weeks.

I'll have every science covered (except astro obviously) with at least 1 level 4 agent with a level 4 skill. The plan is to never run out of cores for inventing aswell as having plenty to sell.

I should spreadsheet my shit so I know I am making money....

17. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Level 4 mission running is getting the bore of me... Any good place to start reading on the research agents? I was about to start training for a Tengu to make level 4s easier, but If the ROI from research agents was just as good, I really good/should train for them.

Thoughts/advice?

18. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

There is heaps of written stuff about reasearch agents, most of it out of date.

The only website that seems to be accurate as an ongoing concern is:

http://hussars-online.ru/eve/datacore.php

Use it to decide what types of agents you want to obtain (Lots of variables here. That website is useful if you are just going to sell the cores).

Train the skills
    Grind the rep
    Start research

Thats it.

Things to consider.

Are you going to invent with the cores or just sell them ?
    Do you have good standing with any corps that offer the sciences you want ?
    Do you have poor faction standing with any factions with cores you want ?
    Does the corp you picked to grind stand with offer l4 combat agents that you have access to or will you be gimped by being mazed out to level 3 combat agents or shitty distrbution or mining missions ?

You need 5.0 with a research and dev agent's corp to access a level 4 research agent. Connections 4 = 1.6 rep so you have 3.4 rep worth of grinding to do.

I've done this a few times - its boring as frack but its easy monry once its set up and running along.

19. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Thanks for the info, will start reading and experimenting on that site soon.

Like all other mission running carebear noobs, I'm working for Caldari Navy... but I do have some experiance with the Ishukone Corp, albeit under their watch faction, so maybe I have some residual standings?

Time to read none the less.

Oh and yes, just to sell them. I'm tired of grinding level 4s for isk for plex for my toons, and after getting popped on the weekend after buying a too expensive fit, I'm seriously isk poor with 2.5 weeks to make enough for plex.

/falls to knees, DAMN YOU EVE GODS, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

20. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Ishkone Watch is a different corp - the only standings you might have that will be relevant will be faction standing. If you have high faction standing you might be able to access the highest level combat agent in Ishkone's R&D corp right away instead of having to grind up from level 1.

You on only 1 account ?

I only have 2 more toons to get trained and sufficient rep (1 has the rep alreay, just needs the skills) to get another 10 agents.

That will make it 49 agents all beavering away. I estimate an average of about 80 million isk a month is I was just going to sell all the cores, but the reality is that I'm inventing my ass off.

----

Once all this shit is done I am going to let all tick along only logging i to build/sell shit and train a couple of nice long gunnery or BS skills... I need an eve break, the shitty UI is really starting to get too me.