EVE EVE Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Blown350, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

been playing this for a week
    will continue after teh 14 day free trial (from gamershell)

Im Gallante (race) and would like to join any aussies that are still around - send me a PM if you are interested

game name is "Jebus Dilligaf"

2. lukhangcheng

lukhangcheng Member

I know this may sound weird.

but can anyone offer me a 14days free trial??
    am really interseted in trying it out.

Thanks
    -alex

3. B5lurker

B5lurker Member

we can send you a 14 day trial account but we need your email address first

4. lukhangcheng

lukhangcheng Member

cool thanks,

alex.cheng(at)ozemail.com.au

should have a lot of fun when i come bak from holidays :D

5. B5lurker

B5lurker Member

a 14 day trial email has been sent your way

hope you enjoy the game

6. Shado

Shado Member

I've just started a corp in Aydoteaux, it's fairly secure space (safe from player pirates and any cruiser should be able to take care of rats there easily). I now have perfect refining on anything down to Kernite/Jaspet, and Production Effeciency 5 (so I can build ships/equipment with the 'perfect' mineral requirements). I have a few dozen blueprints and lots of gear for new players. The corp is Antares Fleet Yards and is based in Duvolle Labs Factory / Credon Warehouse in Aydoteaux. I can provide a fair bit of help to new players, but the conversation in the corp chat is a little quiet with only 3 members atm. Send a message to Hohne if you want to chat ingame.

7. lukhangcheng

lukhangcheng Member

WOW!! i love this game....

8. Imitation

Imitation Member

I signed up tonight.. and I'm lost.

9. Morlach

Morlach Member

I have been playing bit over a week now and really enjoying it. Has steeeeep learning curve but its good fun and refreshing break from the normal MMROPGs.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

10. Borgod

Borgod Member

Definitely... the learning curve is damn steep alright, but it's depth is unparalleled.

11. Shado

Shado Member

One thing I found helped when new was the rookie chat channel (or help chat channel). Ask n00bic questions there and almost always get an answer right away. It really saves having to 'work it out' yourself. Joining a corp geared towards helping new players was of use also. Lots of other players there asking the same questions as me.

12. pippin88

pippin88 Member

Are there any free trials going at the moment?

13. ring wraith

ring wraith Member

gimme your email and ill send you a 14 day free trial.

14. Mercora

Mercora Member

Can I ask what keeps you people coming back to EVE? I got bored of it very quickly because there aren't really any real goals... sure you can start a corp. or get a battleship but those aren't worthwhile to me if everybody can do it with relative ease.

Why?

15. ring wraith

ring wraith Member

because it ISNT that easy, thats whats so good. its a feeling of accomplishment to be able to mine up minerals to build yourself your own battleship and then whomp players in 0.0 space.

16. B5lurker

B5lurker Member

For the recent newbs if you plan to continue playing I recommend that you do the learning skills at least to lvl 4 as this will be a great advantage for your character

17. Borgod

Borgod Member

I agree, and be picky with the corp you choose, as some are crap and won't do anything for you, but some others are fantastic with great members who will help you out with invaluable advice and maybe some free parts (or free ships) if you're lucky.

Ive been playing for about 7 months now and I'm still learning new things.

18. Shado

Shado Member

What goals are there in any MMORPG? IMHO, games with goals get old quickly, you meet the goal and it's done. Eve has no goals except those which you set yourself. You can be part of a crack PVP team, or gain that priceless T2 blueprint. Manufacture a range of goods, or items from a specific field. You can mine so fast that it's almost not boring. Beat a level 4 mission, or just have fun with a gang.

19. Froodogs

Froodogs Member

werd. I tried eve once for about a day, was driven mad by the hugeness of it all, and gave up. Then a few days back I saw this thread and decided to fire up another 14 day free trial, and two days later I'm HOOKED bigtime. great freaking game. I fell in with a corp of UK/EU players who helped me out heaps, but their corp isn't really going anywhere, so I feel like i want to get into a more 'go getter' type of corp, with more members, more activity, and more importanly, MORE AUSSIES.

I play at all sorts of odd hours of the day, so being online and not having any corp-mates on is kind of getting on my nerves. I haven't been playing for long, but i'm making decent money trading already, and should have my shit together in a pretty severe way very shortly, so although I'm new I should have a lot to offer any corp.

If anyone knows of any corps that sound like my kind of thing, please let me know via an eve-mail (ingame name Kasim Shekvet). I won't be able to join anyone straight away, because I want to make sure I've paid back any debts I owe to the corp I'm in before I move on, 'cause they got me on my feet pretty quickly. Just seems like the right thing to do. Shouldn't take long though, just a few quick trips back and forth with the indy I got. *Grin*

Thanks boys.

20. cuahtemoc

cuahtemoc Member

As another potential recruiter, my corp is looking for new members - currently we have an Australian CEO and mainly australian members, with some europeans and americans too.

Corp is VTIL, no taxing, based in Nakah and most corp activity is pirate hunting around this area, mining in this area or running agent missions. Basically we help each other out but mostly spend our time doing whatever. All corp decisions (wars, etc) made by consensus. Give us a hoy if you're interested and we can give you more information. Sleyha is our CEO - just tell him Bruja sent you.