1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone should BUY Intel in 2020!!!

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Azzan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Azzan

Azzan Member

[​IMG]
    Everyone already knows Intel makes the b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶o̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶o̶r̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶c̶k̶ CPUs.
    But latest Intel CPUs are really shining this year across all platforms, HEDT, desktop & mobile.

Lets start with the mobile CPU and NUC(Next Unit of Computing).
    New i9 Ghost Canyon NUC is powered by i9 9980HK, only costs $2400 for barebone kit(basically just CPU, Mobo, Case & PSU, so you still need RAM, GPU, SSD/HDD etc) that's only $1000 higher than the previous top of the range NUC which was smol and came with discrete AMD Vega GPU.
    As most of you know NUC's known for it's very tiny size and weight etc, can easily fit on palm of your hand.. but this time Intel increased the size by 1000% :thumbup:
    It still runs very hot and super noisy like all previous high-end NUCs(except for Hades Canyon), but if you reduce the frequency in the BIOS it'll reduce the CPU temp to 88C and clock speed to 2.4GHz and noise level by 6+dB(so 53dB, almost silent if you are deaf) according to one review. So it's gotta go on your must buy list!
    And for first time, you can install your own discrete GPU if you can find super midget model under 7" long with <500W PSU requirement.
    B̶u̶t̶ ̶u̶l̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶y̶ ̶I̶T̶X̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶4̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶I̶T̶X̶ ̶M̶o̶b̶o̶,̶ ̶C̶P̶U̶,̶ ̶R̶A̶M̶,̶ ̶G̶P̶U̶?̶
    [​IMG]

10th gen Intel HEDT CPUs been out for ~5 months, now using the Intel's latest 14++++nm technology so the difference is very noticeable on paper and also on real life applications.
    Look at the top of the range "Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition 10980XE" for an example.. you already know this CPU is very special and super fast just by it's name. How many CPU's you know have 32 letters in name?
    As expected from the latest 14++++nm technology, 10980XE is whooping 3% faster than the 7th gen Intel HEDT CPU(7980XE).. so it's another must buy for 2020 if you have spare $2000!

Soon to be released 10th gen desktop processors are also mind boggling.. now listen to this, 10900K(also using the latest 14++++nm technology) has 4% faster boost clock speed than the 9th gen 9900K and it's also got two extra cores!!!
    (but probably 320+W TDP at boost & 2% slower all core clock compared to 9900KS)
    Which means it can almost keep up with the AMD Ryzen 3900X in productivity! H̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ ̶3̶9̶5̶0̶X̶?̶
    Anyway to make the 10th Intel desktop CPU more special, you can only use it on new Z490 chipset mobo which obviously won't support the 11th gen Intel CPUs.
    [​IMG]
    So it's very unlikely that upcoming Ryzen 4000 series(with faster clock speeds & upto 15?% IPC increase) later this year will outperform 10th gen Intel in games.

With Aussie $ down and PC parts prices up by 20%-40% in past two months, now is the perfect time to buy the Intel's latest 14++++nm CPUs!!! :thumbup:

lol I think this is first time I made the thread giving shit to Intel.. I made thread about AMD products in past and got flamed heaps but not really worried this time cos I don't think even the hardcore Intel fanboys like Scum, Dannyboi, DarkSnipa & shane41 etc would get mad.. :D
    and yes I was bored.. Coronavirus hibernation ftl!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. darknebula

darknebula Member

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

3. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

4000 series. the very last nail in intel's coffin.
    onya amd.

Sneakypuss and terroristone like this.
  4. OJR

OJR Member

Did you and Court Jester have sex?

5. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Saw thread title and OP and grabbed popcorn!

Read the thread... I am confused by the message?
    And on the re-read, I am more confused... Maybe I am not drunk/high enough to understand?

jpw007 likes this.
  6. asho444

asho444 Member

Azzan I fucking love you and your threads

7. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Are you stupid or something?

8. thecondor

thecondor Member

Im guessing uni has been cancelled azzan?

clonex likes this.
  9. shane41

shane41 Member

Breeding :Paranoid: oh fakk no. Contraception was invented for this

Elmf and OJR like this.
  10. Jazz

Jazz Member

Has anyone checked in with Via lately?

tunksy and mAJORD like this.
  11. thecondor

thecondor Member

Can we bring cj back? At least he was entertaining

Rod M, Dilbery and shane41 like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Leaked Intel CPU Roadmap 2020
    [​IMG]

13. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Didn't you hear? He's among us as a known Alt.

14. OJR

OJR Member

Who is it? Please tell us!!!!

15. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Oo but it's a secret..

meh, told ya it's secret

16. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Alright.. looks like upcoming 10th gen Intel desktop CPUs gonna be unbeatable, because now you'll also have pay to 30% to 60+% extra for the Z490 mobo made solely for the 10th gen chips.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/retailer-listings-intel-z490-motherboard-inflated-pricing
    I can already see the Intel stock price tripling by end of next month..

Gigabyte Z390I Aorus Ultra = US$197 / ~AU$310
    Gigabyte Z490I Aorus Ultra = US$318 / ~AU$499 (up 61.4%, new features or any additional benefit over Z390? = none, zero, nil)

If that's too cheap then you can buy the new MSI Meg Z490 Godlike mobo for only €960 = ~AU$1642 :tired:
    https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-meg-z490-godlike-flagship-motherboard-pictured

I̶N̶T̶E̶L̶SHITEL Sponsors of tomorrow

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Sneakypuss likes this.
  17. Maldark

Maldark Member

Everyone know more +s means more CPU power, even at their best AMD only had Zen+ now intel has 14nm+++++++++++!
    That's like 10 extra +s = 10x the powar

Checkmate AMD

Azzan likes this.
  18. shane41

shane41 Member

Looking forward to comiclake :D Bust out my limitless kids inheritance

19. Treggs

Treggs Member

I cheaped out on my latest (once every 5 year desktop) build. I bought the slow 3900x... I've made a mistake...

20. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

thats a joke pic right? 7 plusses for
    2023. :lol:
    ====
    https://wccftech.com/intel-2021-2029-process-roadmap-10nm-7nm-5nm-3nm-2nm-1nm-back-porting/
    see if intel actually produces any 7nm consumer parts next year.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020