EVGA EVBOT, your friendly OC hero!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Team.AU, Jan 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

just as pete has indicated , this unit can control not only evga vga cards but also any brand that uses volterra, here is gigabyte vgas controlled by the evbot

this really is a valuable OC tool, and two wires gives you nice control over your vga card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

made a few connectors to go directly into the evbot cords so as not to break my evbot for other uses
    [​IMG]

2. zeropluszero

zeropluszero Member

how much are these things?

edit- evga site lists for US$100

3. AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar Member

Are they 5870 2GB's?!?!

4. BEAVISNEO

BEAVISNEO Member

You have 3 hardcore graphics cards there.... and yet you use a VGA connector :wired:

5. Eagertman

Eagertman Member

DVI only matters for those who do professional work (image editing, colour accuracy). VGA is perfectly fine for the masses, you aren't really missing out on anything.

6. snappy1

snappy1 Member

there are reasons behind this, but i doubt you will get an answer lol

7. BEAVISNEO

BEAVISNEO Member

Not true. I defiantly see differences, even in average desktop PC's.

8. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

James can explain how this tool actually works???

9. eastley

eastley Member

Where is the bridge between the cards?

10. OP
    OP
    Team.AU

Team.AU Member

okay haha, people think i am doing it for a reason, basically with my monitor i cant get the picture to fit the screen properly with the dvi cable, with the vga cable it all works sweet and i dont care about picture quality for benching...

regarding the bridges, i only put the vgas in there for photos so no bridges on there haha

well basically this cool will control the voltages on the cards... any vga that runs a volterra vr can be controlled with this tool with a 2 wire solder... this is an advantage to me when i am benching 2-3 cards, especially on subzero as i can adjust things really quickly without software...

for example, you might want to bench 3d06, where in the first graphics test you need 1.5v to pass a benchmark but its too much for gt2, you need to drop the volts.. you can do this on the fly..this tool is especially important if you are benching the top end, where you might need to change cpu clocks, gpu clocks, and voltages throughout a benchmark to maximize the score..

if you have an evga board then this device brings on a whole new purpose, you can control everything down to cpu skews and a large range of voltages.. so you could on a classified board, adjust gpu voltages and also cpu voltages and clocks throughout the benchmark... perhaps you want to run 3dmark06 graphics tests at 4.5ghz but down to 4.3ghz for cpu test then you could do that...

of course 3dmark06 is heavily cpu bottlenecked with multiple graphics cards so gaining that extra 200mhz for the graphics tests would really bring your score up, the cpu test of 3d06 is only a small component of your score..

11. dcl

dcl Member

I had always wondered this. You also see alot of pro overclockers using PS2 adapters for USB mice too. :o

12. Deanzo

Deanzo Member

Nice mod :thumbup:

Just got one of these things, will have to try that.