Exposing Fraud And Deception In The Retro Video Game Market (Video)

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Flamin Joe, Aug 24, 2021.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

WATA don't even know what Radiant Silvergun is. I've got perfect condition boxed shmups across a bunch of systems that legitimate go for hundreds on eBay due to actual rarity (10K copies printed or fewer), and I doubt they'll ever make it to WATA's radar despite their self-proclaimed expertise in the subject over the (checks notes) last three years. WATA's "expertise" in rare games clearly doesn't extend beyond hyper popular shit like Mario, Sonic and Minecraft.

Yeah, you heard me. Fucking Minecraft:
    https://twitter.com/GoldinAuctions/status/1439426092209774595

$12K for that anyone? You'd need your head checked if you paid that.

2. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

I've too noticed this.

Doesn't seem to be affecting books though.

3. melatonin

melatonin Member

its a pretty pathetic situation all round, I think the biggest red flag is the lack of disclosure on those population reports.

12K for minecraft, no one is paying this lol, lastgamer (i think thats him, aussie guy with that massive game collection) would be worth a billion dollars if Wata went in there.

A similar thing is happening with JDM performance cars, rusted out and thrashed shit heaps selling for top dollar cause "only getting hard to find and will only increase in value" and then you see thousands of them ready to buy in japan.

Anyway, I'm gonna fire up radiant Silver gun

elvis likes this.
  4. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

this game ?

i certainly never had dreamcast/saturn money back in the day, so it makes sense i'd not heard of it
    :thumbup:

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I cover a couple of these in the shmups thread. All made by "Treasure", a company comprised of ex-Konami geniuses responsible for classics such as Gradius, Nemesis, Parodius, etc.

I might do a whole thread on that company actually. They're pretty incredible.

MUTMAN likes this.
  6. flain

flain Member

Part 2 is up

elvis, hutts24 and MUTMAN like this.
  7. ndt

ndt Member

LOL WTF $12K for a mint physical copy of Minecraft on 360? Who the heck would buy that? It's not rare, literally like over 30 for sale right now on ebay. I also like that someone paid $12k and the protective acrylic case looks like it has cracks in bottom and top.

Yeah it's crazy. This old mint Magna was originally going for $5985. Like I get it's old and mint but it's still just a old magna.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/vic...cutive-silver-5-speed-manual-sedan/1282625512

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021 at 5:12 PM
  8. hutts24

hutts24 Member

flain Cheers, I've been eagerly waiting for this. Wata bunch of crooks.

JaC, flain and MUTMAN like this.