Eyefinity Newbiee. Please help out

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Dumpty, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Dumpty

Dumpty Member

Hey OCAU
    i will be getting my pc together for BF3 on the coming firday and will also be getting two 6970s
    but can i run eyefinity with different monitors of the same size and same res?
    can have a Samsung 2333sw work with two LG E2341V-BN 23inch?
    your help is appreciated

2. Decromin

Decromin Member

Yep - resolution is the only requirement for eyefinity, though you might have more difficulty colour matching the different brands.

3. Pugsley_21

Pugsley_21 Member

Probably won't be able to set bezel correction either - whether that'll be an issue is another story though

4. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Correct. Because the monitors EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) won't match, the Catalyst Control Centre won't allow it.

5. OP
    OP
    Dumpty

Dumpty Member

hmm...
    well let me ask another question
    is it worth spending another 149 for a third screen or stick with an 2333sw and not caring about bezel correction?
    could people with experience answer this question only
    i dont want amateurs guessing or making their own assumptions. :lol:
    sorry but its a question of money

6. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Bezel correction is worth it only if having an object in Eyefinity will bother you if it stops at one screen then continues on in the next screen, effectively getting stretched. The bigger the bezel, the greater effect it will have. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the Samsung 2333sw appears to have a thicker bezel then the LG so that could be an issue for you.

Personally, I started out with 1 x Dell 2405 (24") and 2 x Dell 2007's (20") to test out Eyefinity when it was all new, and while it was great, I found the lack of bezel compensation was annoying. I gave up on the idea of getting another 2 2405's, so I settled on grabbing 3 x Samsung 2443BW and didn't look back. Having all the monitors exactly the same PLUS finally having bezel compensation was worth it the extra expense in my oppinion.

Have you brought an Active Displayport to DVI adaptor yet? Your going to need one since the LG doesn't have DP input. At least one monitor MUST be using DP in order for Eyefinity to work. Being in Crossfire won't make a difference since only one card is doing all the video output.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=active+mini+displayport+to+dvi&spos=3

7. OP
    OP
    Dumpty

Dumpty Member

Thank you mate really appreciated
    ok three lg's it is but i changed the model cos i found some ultra thin bezel one and if i am gonna do eyefinity may as well do it well
    LG E2260V-PN 21.5inch LED Widescreen Monitor they have the thinnest bezels i have seen. (havent seen much :D )

8. Jat0

Jat0 Member

Yea you definatly want the thinest benzel you can find.
    I personally dont like benzel compensation as it creates blind spots and I never get bothered by the image strech.

Try both and c wat you like.
    Also make sure u have an active DP to DVI adapter, would be disapointing to get all of ur monitors and not be able to eyefinity straight away.

EDIT:
    Personally I would go for a 24 inch with thin benzel, they about same price as one you picked out, there are lots of brands to choose from that have 24 inch with thin benzel, ie
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1212&products_id=17733
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1212&products_id=16621

Im not that picky with monitors though, i notice size more then anything else, im sure someone else will chime in about what is best.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. mrpiccolod

mrpiccolod Member

Bezel compensation works with mixed displays now btw

10. OP
    OP
    Dumpty

Dumpty Member

Thanks mate but i don't have enough room for 24 inch screens thanks for all your efforts and help but i will have to get the 21 i might even get 24 if i buy local but as it stands

11. OP
    OP
    Dumpty

Dumpty Member

I thought so cause my mate has nvidia surround and he has a 19 inch dell and the two supporting Acer's and he was able to do bezel correction. Didn't know amd was the same or not. However he seems to get issues with every single game so i guess that's just cause eyefinity has better support (a guess).