F430 Spider

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Power47, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Power47

Power47 Member

Hey guys a friend of mine had this beautiful machine for a few days, so i grabbed a few shots of it at st kilda, still getting the hang of this whole automotive photography thing, but i like some of them.

let me know what u think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. godzlr

godzlr Member

Very nice. I like 1 and 5.
    2 would be better if the wheel was turned to the right. Looks like the car needs abit of clean though.

3. cvidler

cvidler Member

1. Spot on, brilliant.

2. As already suggested, have the wheel in shot, not a dirty old tyre. Also (being picky) the background is distracting (the poles).

3. Damn that palm tree, otherwise I like it.

4. Again the tree (and other car) detract from the shot, also the use of selective colour, doesn't work for me here, Having the 430 all in colour I feel would've worked better.

5. I like it. Would be better with some evident motion blur - suggestion of movement.

6. Would've been great except for the weird reflections going on (light poles?)

4. PrinceCharming

PrinceCharming Member

I love everything about the first shot. The puddle is just in the right spot and the reflection coming off it is nice.

5. FB008

FB008 Member

not sure about the PP you've applied to these shots, looks like a lot of shadow/highlight filtering + selective desaturation makes things look strange. shot #3 is the best example of this, the wheels look very bland, almost as if it's got a matte finish which i'm sure it doesn't have. They would stand out much more.

go easy on the vignetting in #1, the top left corner has pretty obvious exposure difference. Also a narrower dof to isolate the car would have worked well here. The puddle doesn't really add much, did he park it there by accident? i think if you shot it differently you could have achieved more reflection.

watch your own reflections in the 2nd and 3rd shots, might want to use a longer lens.

something looks nasty in the last shot with the PP, in the middle of the frame right above the badge... the colours just don't seem right.

6. csimpson

csimpson Member

#3 is the only one that I don't find aesthetically pleasing. The sun in the background is showing up the swirl marks on the paint, and I can see your reflection :)

7. OP
    OP
    Power47

Power47 Member

i should have mentioned that i have literally just started today using the desaturation tool and dodge/burn tools, and these shots r ones iv just been playing with first. so the PP is very overdone and pretty badly done, but thats part of my learning.

thanks for the input though :)

8. SyN

SyN Member

#1 is a stunner! :thumbup:
    #3 is good too

9. Quan-Time

Quan-Time Member

#4 - You planned a shoot, why not take a rag and wipe off the internal water marks on the panels ? it destracts from the gloss. Makes it look dirty and "rushed".

Huge fan of #2, its done perfectly imo. But as everyone said, shop out the pole and the palm tree. And wipe the tyre clean next time. Tyre angle is fine.

10. myf360f1

myf360f1 Member

I know Jack S#$t about photograpy but they are very nice pictures :thumbup:, the close ups of the engine is cool too. My only complaint is that I can't stetch your first photo to make it my background on my desktop :(

11. xman01

xman01 Member

shot1
    excellent

12. R32Big_boy

R32Big_boy Member

Hmmmm, that car looks familiar :p
    Its always shit when you have to give the keys back to James isnt it.

13. Kruzty

Kruzty Member

1. is by far the best IMO.

the rest are cool, but not amazing.

14. OP
    OP
    Power47

Power47 Member

hey guys thanks for the comments, i agree with most of u, 1. is killer, rest r throw aways, but good practice none the less.

hoping to get my hands on an r35 this week for a night shoot :)

15. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Absolutely love shot #1. Would be interesting to see a horizontal crop of it too if the shot allows.

A few carry minor flaws (distracting background, flare off the car, etc), but I'd be pretty pleased regardless if they were my shots :)

Oh and on a side note, my god do those cars sound nice. Got to travel behind one through 2 tunnels recently at peak hour. Every hair was at attention on my arms :D