SOLVED Facebook account disabled?!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by jars121, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jars121

jars121 Member

G'day guys,

I wasn't sure whereabouts this thread should go, so if there is a more suitable spot, MODs feel free to move :thumbup:

My FB account was randomly disabled the other day, and I was hoping someone in the OCAU community has had this happen to them, and been able to resolve it.

I did not receive an email or any notification as to the reasons behind my ban, and I don't use any automated scripts or any of the applications?

I am a massive Eels fan, and after Jarryd Hayne's amazing try against St.George the other day, I jokingly had in my status update that I would have sex with Jarryd Hayne **JOKE**.

Two hours later and I can't sign in. Is that seriously the reason why I'm now banned from FB?

Any help/advice/knowledge on this advice would be greatly appreciated, as even though I'm not a fan of the site, it is kinda paramount to Uni and work commitments.

Cheers,

jars121

EDIT: Received an email from FB today, claiming that my activity on FB resembled that of an automated script. My email obviously proved to them that I am in fact a person, not a program haha.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. Merudo

Merudo Member

Perhaps contacting facebook's support would be a good idea?

3. neon_87

neon_87 RIP

whats it say? Account is unavailable at this time?
    They do random account maintanence i think. mine was working the next day. pretty shit though.

4. OP
    OP
    jars121

jars121 Member

I have emailed FB about it, they have some account setup for this purpose, disabled@facebook.com I think?

When I try and log in it says account disabled. I tried making a new account with a different email address, and it says that the automated name check failed because my name is banned!?!

So frustrating!

5. seamer

seamer Member

What names are we talking about here?

Did you make your personal name (facebook.com/NAMEHERE) anything trademarkable or offensive?

6. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Mine has been reactivated some how lol

7. Spork!

Spork! Member

Facebook account disabled?!

Doesn't surprise me, I find facebook as a whole to be retarded. :p

(With apologies to anyone who may be brain injured / mentally impaired)

8. LostBenji

LostBenji Member

Disable and block Facebook traffic, problem solved.

9. OP
    OP
    jars121

jars121 Member

I didn't have one of those personal name things in the address bar...I find it strange that I didn't get a notification as to why my account was disabled. I think I will just give it a couple of weeks and see if they reply to my email. Oh well.